49ers WR Jalen Hurd feared to have suffered torn ACL

ivotuk

Reaction score
49ers WR Jalen Hurd feared to have suffered torn ACL

Jalen Hurd might have endured another devastating injury.

The San Francisco 49ers wideout is undergoing an MRI after suffering what's believed to be a major knee injury in practice Sunday, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported, per sources informed of the situation.

The fear is that the test will reveal a torn ACL.

https://www.nfl.com/news/49ers-wr-jalen-hurd-acl-injury

Marvin49

Reaction score
Well I'd love to be talkin' about how good Brandon Aiyuk and Jauan Jennings have looked in camp so far, and they have looked good...

...but the Jalen Hurd injury is a major bummer for Niner fans. No sugar coating that one. Was really looking forward to seeing him line up at WR, TE, and even RB this year. Injuries suck.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Again...injuries suck.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/1295434092431867904[/tweet]

94Smith

Reaction score
Tough way to start his career on IR both years. I guess the team doesn't know what it is missing yet at least...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Seems to be a trend of NFL players that were injured last year getting the same injuries this year.

Might this have something to do with being unable to properly condition or train because of COVID restrictions?

Or is that just coincidence?

chris98251

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":vcgqkx1p said:
Seems to be a trend of NFL players that were injured last year getting the same injuries this year.

Might this have something to do with being unable to properly condition or train because of COVID restrictions?

Explosion type injuries from burst moves, like starting a car in cold weather and dropping the clutch and going full throttle burn out.

These guys need to build up flexibility so those tendons are not as tight, why camps and the slow build up process and gradually getting into more and more contact drills was so important.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1295344647120793601[/tweet]

Marvin49

Reaction score
chris98251":18g95stf said:
TwistedHusky":18g95stf said:

Explosion type injuries from burst moves, like starting a car in cold weather and dropping the clutch and going full throttle burn out.

These guys need to build up flexibility so those tendons are not as tight, why camps and the slow build up process and gradually getting into more and more contact drills was so important.

He wasn't even practicing full bore. They were easing him in after back issues last year. He was on a side field when he fell awkwardly.

Sucks. I was intrigued when he was drafted and all we've seen is a preseason game where he looked really good and scored 2 TDs.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I was so jealous when SF got Hurd.

This is one advantage f having Pete Carroll as our head coach. He's extremely cautious with playes early on in order to get them ready for the season.

Whereas, old school coaches like Gruden and Mike Shanahan aren't that concerned with a players long-term health and well-being.

I think Kyle's a caring HC, but like a QB learning the position, it takes years to get it down like Tom Brady/Pete Carroll.

Maulbert

Reaction score
ivotuk":2x5hj9d3 said:

This is one advantage f having Pete Carroll as our head coach. He's extremely cautious with playes early on in order to get them ready for the season.

Whereas, old school coaches like Gruden and Mike Shanahan aren't that concerned with a players long-term health and well-being.

I think Kyle's a caring HC, but like a QB learning the position, it takes years to get it down like Tom Brady/Pete Carroll.

You mean Belichick, not Brady, right?

Marvin49

Reaction score
ivotuk":2a91qxde said:

They WERE being cautious. He wasn't even practicing. He was working out on a side field, made a cut on air, and fell in a heap.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":2fc2onin said:
ivotuk":2fc2onin said:

They WERE being cautious. He wasn't even practicing. He was working out on a side field, made a cut on air, and fell in a heap.

Your comment just made me think of Teddy Bridgewater's ACL tear. Non-contact, and he suffered structural damage. Missed 2 whole years. Just plain unlucky.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":16mdrwsv said:
Marvin49":16mdrwsv said:
ivotuk":16mdrwsv said:

Your comment just made me think of Teddy Bridgewater's ACL tear. Non-contact, and he suffered structural damage. Missed 2 whole years. Just plain unlucky.

Ya....if I ever hear a guy collapses and it was non-contact, I'm conditioned to assume its a torn ACL or a Ruptured Achilles.

That Bridgewater thing tho was nuts. He tore everything.