Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yannick Ngakoue

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Yannick Ngakoue
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:08 am
  • I would try to trade for this guy if I was the Seahawks.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Re: Yannick Ngakoue
Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:19 pm

Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 pm
  • With a locked in 17mil 2020 cap hit, you’d need to have JAX eat a ton of salary. Not sure we have enough picks to make that happen.
    Osprey
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:40 pm
  • So I've been criticized for not liking Seattle trades because I think they give up too much, but if they could pry this guy away for a 2 and it wouldn't blow up their cap, that would be a really good move for them and crappy for every other team in the NFC West.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:46 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:So I've been criticized for not liking Seattle trades because I think they give up too much, but if they could pry this guy away for a 2 and it wouldn't blow up their cap, that would be a really good move for them and crappy for every other team in the NFC West.

I love the fact that John Schneider can be a bit of a wizard with his trades, but what kind of head injury would David Caldwell need to incur for him to give up Ngakoue to anyone for only a 2nd?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:27 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:So I've been criticized for not liking Seattle trades because I think they give up too much, but if they could pry this guy away for a 2 and it wouldn't blow up their cap, that would be a really good move for them and crappy for every other team in the NFC West.

I love the fact that John Schneider can be a bit of a wizard with his trades, but what kind of head injury would David Caldwell need to incur for him to give up Ngakoue to anyone for only a 2nd?

That's the point I was making with Adams...its not just about value. Clowney was clearly worth far more than Seattle gave up for him last year and Trent Williams is worth far more than what SF gave up for him THIS year.

When a team has the team he's on over a barrel and the league KNOWS they want to trade him, that trade value drops through the floor.

That was my only issue with the Adams deal. Lord knows that dude can play.

I keep hearing the Jags want more than a 2, but I doubt they'll get more than a 2. I have certainly been wrong before tho.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:04 pm
  • chrispy wrote:https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1146427/oneil-seahawks-should-shoot-the-moon-yannick-ngakoue/?

O’Neil: Seahawks should shoot the moon and acquire Yannick Ngakoue

You're not alone.... But at what cost?

Honestly, people may not like this. I would both are 2nd's for 2021 and 2022 and KJ. That may be to much...or next year's 2nd and KJ or just both 2nd's for 2021 and 2022. That's what I would do. I do not want Clowney's ass on this team. He's overrated and Yannick is way better IMO.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:44 am
  • I actually wonder how much of Yannick's production was because of who was around him?

I'd love to have him here, but we can't afford the guy. He wants top dollar, and his production does not warrant destroying cap space and losing valuable players over.
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:17 am
  • The 2021 and 2022 draft picks are essentially worthless at this point. The draft was always a crapshoot now it is a crapshoot with loaded dice. If teams were smart they would target 2023 and 2024 draft picks and attempts\ to unload 21 and 22 picks to whoever will take them.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:30 am
  • chrispy wrote:https://sports.mynorthwest.com/1146427/oneil-seahawks-should-shoot-the-moon-yannick-ngakoue/?

O’Neil: Seahawks should shoot the moon and acquire Yannick Ngakoue

You're not alone.... But at what cost?

I think we already gave away the kitchen sink with Adams, but I'm not a salary cap analyst so anythings possible I guess.
    Hawknight
    * Class Act Hawk Fan *

Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:48 pm
  • I know this would never happen, but I would sign Clowney then trade his ass along with a 2nd rounder to Jax for Yannick. I don't like Clowney at all. I would do it just to do it.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:13 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information