Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ET3 dismissed from Ravens camp after altercation

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/297 ... atform=amp

My dad and I follow the ravens. He is a huge fan, i just track them because he's a diehard. But we are both hawks fans, est 1980. We were talking last year about just having a gut feeling that based on comments in interviews and word of him having run-ins with teammates, Earl isn't completely happy. Wonder if these incidents are an indication of that. I know he's a fiery guy. But sometimes its love and competition that stoke the flames and sometimes its less positive emotions.
    keasley45
    NET Rookie

• Raven's defense system still too complicated for our Earl after two seasons?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• https://russellstreetreport.com/2020/08 ... k-clark-2/

Et3 is as selfish as it gets unless he's sharing his bed with his brother. I hope the entire Ravens team flip him the bird when he's cut and walking out the door.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Cyrus12 wrote:https://russellstreetreport.com/2020/08/22/lombardis-way/chuck-clark-2/

Et3 is as selfish as it gets unless he's sharing his bed with his brother. I hope the entire Ravens team flip him the bird when he's cut and walking out the door.

Like the article in link..Sounds on par for Earl.
    Glad he isn't our problem anymore and after our trades
    it feels good to say :141847_bnono: "We don't need you"
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:Raven's defense system still too complicated for our Earl after two seasons?

Not one to pretend to assume to know what's going through someone else's mind, but this wouldn't surprise me at all. Harbaugh has all but hinted that ET's talent is making up for him not completely grasping all of the complex concepts and looks the Raven's run and if yiu watched even just the loss to the titans in the playoffs last year, you can see earl caught out if position more than a few times and lacking that 'dog' mentality to make the tone setting play.

I also wouldn't be surprised that if he is less than happy with his decision to hook up with the ravens, that all the talk of the NFL in the last few weeks revolving around our new #33, J Adams, the best safety in the league (and already considered by talking heads to possibly be the best safety to don a hawks uni) has to sting a bit for a guy with the emense ego of ET3.
    keasley45
    NET Rookie

• The Seahawk attitude that guys develop here, which helps them be great here, doesn't really appear to lend itself to them fitting in well elsewhere. This with Earl; Bennett, Golden, Bruce and Browner had multiple destinations. Kudos to Shanahan for making it work with Sherm, as Seahawks have a hard time fitting in elsewhere.
    KinesProf
    NET Rookie

• It's hard when you can't do the things you used to be able to do. ...could be age, could be system, could be support.... ET was a great Seahawk. He's been a good Raven.
    chrispy
    NET Starter

• If you need any more proof Kam was the mental leader of the LoB.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:If you need any more proof Kam was the mental leader of the LoB.

Just go look at the audio of seahawks vs falcons in the playoff game we got our butts kicked.

Kam was saying "everytime we start losing, we start fighting each other."
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Maulbert wrote:If you need any more proof Kam was the mental leader of the LoB.
    Kam was the leader, sherm was the mouth. Earl had it good when those two sort of managed the show ... Then they left ...

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Baltimore has released the cancer known as ET3. Sounds like his wish of becoming a member of America's team is about to come true. I hope it blows up in their face. This guy is a complete trash.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• Or he goes to SF!
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

• Wow, he actually punched the guy. I only heard they had a shouting match.

Oh well.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• He has sunk about as low as a player could.. Team mates endorsing the move.. he must be one lousy team mate.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• Let Dallas get him and watch him destroy that team from the inside.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sherman and Thomas are the 2 I did not like at all. I'm glad they are both gone and will never return here again. Sherman has a very big mouth, and one day he is gonna say the wrong thing to the wrong guy, and someone will lite his ass up.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

• You have to admire the Raven organization , their decisiveness may be key to their success.

Last edited by toffee on Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• I would be surprised if he didn't up in Dallas, as "come get me" finally happens even though it's not Garrett anymore. It's like Jerry Jones played the long game to get ET. Scary because that solidifies a weakness on the Cowboy D if Earl finds his former home.
    The other place I was thinking is even worse for us. I wonder if Sherman is working on Thomes for a reunion in San Fran.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• Definitely do not want ET. Ward and Tartt do a good enough job
    SF49r
    NET Veteran

• I lost respect for ET3 during his last year with us.
    Vesuve
    NET Starter

• I do not think that ET is an upgrade over a "healthy" Jimmy Ward
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• 94Smith wrote:I do not think that ET is an upgrade over a "healthy" Jimmy Ward

I don't think anyone here would disagree.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• toffee wrote:You have to admire the Raven organization , their decisiveness may be key to their success.

Biscotti learned to be aggressive on this after the Ray Rice situation. They screwed themselves over.

Yeah, this is a dude punching another dude in practice and not Ray Rice knocking his wife out in an elevator (not even close), but Biscotti knows not to screw around.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

• He is so gonna be a Niner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• James in PA wrote:He is so gonna be a Niner.

Highly doubt it. They resigned Jimmie Ward in the offseason, are up against it in the cap with pending big name free agents next year, and I don't think they'd sign an aging safety who just got released over not getting along in the locker room.

I'm sure Sherman would have his back, but I don't see him signing in SF.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• So if not Dallas that leaves two options, Browns or Patriots.....
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Marvin49 wrote:
    James in PA wrote:He is so gonna be a Niner.

Highly doubt it. They resigned Jimmie Ward in the offseason, are up against it in the cap with pending big name free agents next year, and I don't think they'd sign an aging safety who just got released over not getting along in the locker room.

Perhaps you are right. I’m just looking at it from the angle of John Lynch, Sherm and Earl wanting to stick it to the Hawks. It just seems like one of those moves where they’ll “find a way” to make it happen.

James in PA
    NET Veteran

• I don't buy for a second that Dallas is not interested. McCarthy may have said it but I'll bet the Jones's are working on it.
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• bmorepunk wrote:
    toffee wrote:You have to admire the Raven organization , their decisiveness may be key to their success.

Biscotti learned to be aggressive on this after the Ray Rice situation. They screwed themselves over.

Yeah, this is a dude punching another dude in practice and not Ray Rice knocking his wife out in an elevator (not even close), but Biscotti knows not to screw around.
    What a way to unite and motivate a locker room! Earl has been an ass for a long time and Pete let him get away with it. Shane on Pete.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• James in PA wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Perhaps you are right. I’m just looking at it from the angle of John Lynch, Sherm and Earl wanting to stick it to the Hawks. It just seems like one of those moves where they’ll “find a way” to make it happen.

If there is a serious injury at Safety or Nickel Back (Ward would then move from FS to Nickel) then I can see it, but they got the best year of his career out of Ward last year. Then again, he's been fragile his entire career so who knows.

While they are relatively healthy in the secondary, I just don't see it. It would have to be CHEAP too.

They have Trent Williams, Sherman, and several others all becoming FAs next year with a cap that might be 40 mil lower than original projections.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• James in PA wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Marvin49
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    James in PA wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Political answer and smart, don't piss off Sherman and don't close a door on a player.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I will always appreciate the role ET3 played in helping not only bring us a SB win, but being one of the most incredible defenses against the pass ever. Something like 1 in 4 opposing possessions turned into a turnover that year. Incredible.

ET3 was an incredible player.

Not sure what is going on with the rest, but I really hope it is not CTE (one symptom of CTE is erratic behavior and the inability to resist impulses).

I hope he takes some downtime, figures out whatever is the issue and comes back to be a great player again. Or, if it is CTE (which you cannot test for until you are dead...unfortunately) - gets some help.

It really sucks.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Marvin49 wrote:
    James in PA wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Dang! 8)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Can't believe it took me this long for this (and maybe it's been said). So if there have been past issues with Earl in the locker room, did the Ravens look at this final altercation and decide....."never more?"
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:12 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information