Reasons for Earl's release have been made public!!!

groundchucklives

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/297 ... as-dispute

^^Per my sources and the story above, Earl's teammates in Baltimore had had enough with him becasuse:

a-since joining the Ravens, he has been chronically late to meetings and practices
b-he violently confronted nose tackle Brandon Williams after a loss to Cleveland last season, threatened to kill him and had to be separated from him by teammates
c-at Friday's practice, he blew a coverage and his teammate, Chuck Clark removed his helmet and threw it down in frustration. Thomas then promptly walked over to him and punched him in the face, severely injuring him and knocking him down before teammates and coaches rushed in.

Apparently, the Ravens wanted him gone so bad, they didn't even seek out a potential trade partner. They just cut him and are willing to eat his 15 Million dollars in salary against the cap, though they are going to try to withhold the 10 million he was guaranteed this year due to his conduct. Thomas is, obviously, expected to appeal this decision. But man, it sounds like Earl wasn't a really good teammate in Baltimore and they had a great coach and a winning team, and a great defense and a great young QB, so what was his problem?!!? Anyway, Dallas is expected to sign him ow that he has been released!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
groundchucklives":34xh2oum said:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29723620/sources-ravens-cut-trade-earl-thomas-dispute

^^Per my sources and the story above, Earl's teammates in Baltimore had had enough with him becasuse:

a-since joining the Ravens, he has been chronically late to meetings and practices
b-he violently confronted nose tackle Brandon Williams after a loss to Cleveland last season, threatened to kill him and had to be separated from him by teammates
c-at Friday's practice, he blew a coverage and his teammate, Chuck Clark removed his helmet and threw it down in frustration. Thomas then promptly walked over to him and punched him in the face, severely injuring him and knocking him down before teammates and coach s rushed in.

Apparently, the Ravens wanted him gone so bad, they didn't even seek out a potential trade partner. They just cut him and are willing to eat his 15 Million dollars in salary against the cap, though they are going to try to withhold the 10 million he was guaranteed this year due to his conduct. Thomas is, obviously, expected to appeal this decision. But man, it sounds like Earl wasn't a really good teammate in Baltimore and they had a great coach and a winning team, and a great defense and a great young QB, so what was his problem?!!? Anyway, Dallas is expected to sign him ow that he has been released!
Good let him destroy the cowboys from the inside. Used to love the guy here but he’s clearly lost it. Maybe too many concussions or he was always been that way and the Hawks were really good about covering things up?

toffee

Reaction score
sc85sis":3st6j3re said:
Damn. I hope Earl gets his life together.
Let Earl be Earl, he earned it, he is a HOF.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Apparently last year he threatened the Ravens DT who missed the Browns game they lost because he was injured. Stay classy dude.

His behavior is becoming more and more erratic. Hate to say it, but this is the kind of stuff that leads to somebody ending up dead.

rcaido

Reaction score
ivotuk":358455c0 said:
Apparently last year he threatened the Ravens DT who missed the Browns game they lost because he was injured. Stay classy dude.

His behavior is becoming more and more erratic. Hate to say it, but this is the kind of stuff that leads to somebody ending up dead.

Ridiculous...Where did you read this at? Now he threaten another player? From the original reports Earl questioned Brandon Williams why he didn't play in the game. He was expected to play against the Browns. It was probably frustration on both parts as they lost 2 games in a row. After this incident, Ravens won 14 games straight. No other problems or behaviors were being called out until the wife incident...

ivotuk

Reaction score
I've been wondering why I was so angry at Earl, and finally realized that it's because I appreciate him for who he is, and what he did for this franchise. And like the grumpy old man(dad) that I am, I react negatively when someone who has engendered great memories in me, starts to stray off the healthy path that has been set out there for him to take as his own.

I do not for a minute believe that Earl is doing this on purpose. I think he's lost, and reacts like so many other people do whose emotions run high, and they are encountering something that they don't understand.

I can only pray that Earl reaches out to Pete Carroll for help or suggestions. That's where most young people go really wrong (I speak from experience). We don't have, or are not familiar with the necessary resources, so we just lash out in one way or the other.

Earl's not a bad person, he's just a young man with a lot of pressure on him, and he doesn't know how to deal with it. But if he doesn't ask for, and accept help, he's going to end up like I did, or worse.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ew-scray omis-Thay, He's one self serving PLICK that I'm glad Pete & John got rid of....He's NEVER been a "Team First Guy"........Pete Carroll & the Seahawks put hi in the spotlight & got kicked in the *&&^ing teeth for their efforts....Earl "The Ingrate" Thomas can smooch my petutie..........On a positive note though, he gets to play for his Childish Dream-Team...The Boy Cows.....And before anyone tries to chastise me for my opinion on this POS?, save it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Not trying to justify his recent bad behavior but I think it’s likely he’s had quite a few concussions.
That wouldn’t justify his bad behavior, but it may explain it. .....And, or it was always there and Seattle hid it well.

toffee

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1mzwjajf said:
Not trying to justify his recent bad behavior but I think it’s likely he’s had quite a few concussions.
That wouldn’t justify his bad behavior, but it may explain it. .....And, or it was always there and Seattle hid it well.
I would like to think there was enough time between come get me to the bird. Whatever caused Earl to 'come get me' we may never know but it was the stupidest tactical move on his part.

I like to think Sherm and Kam somehow managed Earl, he became himself when those two faded out.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

rcaido

Reaction score
Earl wanted an extension but the Seahawks didnt want to extend...Feelings were hurt and he has been butthurt ever since. He never acted out before that.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Problem is he is acting out now.

He's a once grat player with declining skills who wore out his welcome as he wasn't the leader he had been hoped to be for a team that needed leaders.

He will likely win his appeal and will be one with Baltimore as they won't return him to their roster despite having tho pay him. The consequences for Earl of that will be he will be red circled going forward as a character problem.

olyfan63

Reaction score
You really think Earl will win his appeal? Sounds to me like conduct detrimental to the team, multiple instances. I'm sure it depends on what's in his contract and the CBA. The bit of his wife pulling a gun on him doesn't really help much either, given the whole backstory.

Can anyone share a little background on Earl's appeal and the process, and if he'll likely win and why?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Contractual reasons aside perhaps we may have clue from these revelations why the Hawks were unwilling to extend him a big contract.

As said above in the thread the team was possibly good at covering up his misconduct as a team player. His stubbornness over his first leg injury and not getting the recommended surgery also didn't help him. Liked him as a player but never thought much of his off field demeanour. Have a sense we may be piling on here and dislike I'm potentially slagging him.

Someone will sign him, but it won't be the Hawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2fo40ofn said:
Why wouldn't we sign him....

...to a 1 day contract to retire a 'Hawk?
I still think he wants to play? Unless I missed something.

xray

Reaction score
I think when great players see themselves on the decline , many get pissy about it .

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
IIRC there were stories that the Ravens were considering using the to cut Earl and not have to pay at the time of the earlier off-field incident, so something's been up for a while