Fournette?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Jags are definitely tanking but LF had been a headache for them regardless. He'll clear waivers because his 4.2M salary for 2020 is fully guaranteed, which is why no one traded for him, but he should get a few bites afterwards. The challenge with LF is that he's a 2-down back who brings nothing to the passing game, which is comparable to being a back-to-the-basket center in the modern NBA.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3smnlc07 said:
Jags are definitely tanking but LF had been a headache for them regardless. He'll clear waivers because his 4.2M salary for 2020 is fully guaranteed, which is why no one traded for him, but he should get a few bites afterwards. The challenge with LF is that he's a 2-down back who brings nothing to the passing game, which is comparable to being a back-to-the-basket center in the modern NBA.

JFC! I guess those 76 receptions for 522 yards last year just don't count.

nanomoz

Reaction score
^I was just going to post that.^ :D

I can almost guarantee you Pete Carroll jumped out of his chair when he saw this news. Fournette is a threat to break a big run every time he touches the ball. Dude had like 1700 total yards last year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Who wouldn't have a bad attitude on the Jags?

Yannick took a $6M pay cut in order to get traded. It is that bad there.

So issues with Fournette should be examined in that light. But Fournette has inconsistent power. That is real. Cannot tell you how many times I have seen him kept out of the EZ when he had a half yard to go.

But easily an upgrade over Penny. Does almost everything Penny does, just with more power.

Would be a great receiving threat too.

This is perfect fit for Carroll if the Bears do not pick him up first.

tersal

Reaction score
This guy was considered an elite talent and Jacksonville nuff said. Tempting thought at what salary?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He would be a perfect fit here but the Bears probably pick him up.

Anything else at the Jags garage sale we can get for cheap since apparently 'everything must go'?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He's a hell of a player when healthy. But he is NOT the team player type. They couldn't even trade him for a 7th round pick. I think that says a ton. Talent only gets you so far.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Soulfish,

Not really fair. We don't know how bad it is there.

We DO know that players want out. That Yannick took a giant paycut of multiple million dollars, just to play for the Vikings - not even a real SB contender. That says how bad it is.

It might make sense to cut Fournette slack. Remember Lynch was 'not a team player' too?

Also, the Jags look very similar to what happened to the Sonics. That looks all the world like a team that is purposely terrible in order to destroy the fanbase so they can move it. In that circumstance, would anyone be a team player?

sutz

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with our RB room right now. Not a great time to bring in a new guy, just before the season if we don't have to. I'm good with waiting to see if Penney comes back in October, too.

Rat

Reaction score
I would have been intrigued a few months ago, but I'm fine with what we have. Very talented for sure though.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We are looking good at RB right now but would I turn down Fournette if the numbers work? Hell no! I could totally see him a Seahawk. In fact, I think he just might be.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Never said I wouldn't be stoked to have him on the team. Just not sure if he's the buy in type. But hell yeah, add him to Carson and Hyde? Boom.
Shoot, he runs ANGRY, which is very much what Pete Carroll likes in a RB.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He was pretty poor the year before, but last year he was OK.

Not a power runner at all, which is odd considering his build. Weirdly inconsistent vision too. There is little chance he turns into another Lynch for us. But he is fast, he can break off big runs (long TD runs, which Carson does not really do), and he can catch the ball.

Terrible, terrible goal line back - but we have Carson, who is stellar. He had 3 TDs all of last year. Ick.

However, he also put together one of the best college careers for a RB besides Barry Sanders.

He does everything we need Penny to, has as much upside as Penny, and has almost as many years on him. Lots of carries though, but still - you could argue he would do everything we need Penny to. Seems almost a no-brainer considering how much use we put on our RBs and how injuries there impact us.

It looks like the Bucs, Bears, and Texans would be the top teams for him in terms of interest & need. But Seahawks would be a good fit for him in terms of realizing some of his upside. Carroll is stellar at getting great players out of potentially great players.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great point on Pete, there's what other coaches offer and then there's Pete. He can get a LOT out of players, along with buying in to his system and belief in it. Not many coaches actually celebrate who a player is as a person, he allows them to be who they are. If they start acting like Sherm/Earl/Bennett...…..then they are sent packing.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'd pass, notwithstanding that he is an excellent player, the team is pretty set with young RBs who cost less than Fournette. Frankly i'm curious about the 1-2 of Carson and Hyde with some Homer and Dallas sprinkled in.

I'd rather see them add to the DLine.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Yeah it’s a no for me too. If we didn’t have Hyde, I’d say sure. But I’m Ok with the stable we have now.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Team needs Fournette about as much as a hole in the head. Theres holes to be filled and RB isnt one of them.