Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kirk Cousins is a moron

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:03 am

Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:05 am
  • Mizak wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/TMZ/status/1301150394077253632

    That would explain the dude’s poor playoff performances.



    Taking a tweet from an entertainment site (already known to take things out of context for their own benefit), quoting a one liner from a player, and then applying some sort of higher meaning to it, actually says more about those posting it, then it says about Kirk Cousins. Childish post.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 825
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:33 pm


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:27 am
  • Why should he be scared? At his age, and fitness level, his risk of Covid mortality is slightly lower than his risk of dying from influenza, and his risk of significant morbidity is only slightly higher.

    I'm not afraid of it either, and I am 16 years older than he is. Some of the things I do for fun have a higher risk of death, and are part of the reason my risk is lower than the average person of my age.

    Like him, I believe the data suggests the risk reduction of masks is vastly overstated. Like him, I still wear one.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2853
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17 am
  • Yeah Cousins has a much greater chance of dieing in a car accident then Covid. For what he makes a year i'm probably running that risk.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4545
    Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:22 pm


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:34 pm
  • How does it go from "I'm not worried about dying from COVID" to "he misses the point about him spreading it to everyone."

    So many hateful people out there. He wasn't talking about being a carrier. He was talking about "what if you get COVID Kirk?"

    Guess What? Andrew Whitworth and his entire family have had COVID! His Nanny caught it and passed it on to his family. He's not mad at her. His words: "She was being careful, practicing social distancing, but that doesn't mean your not going to catch it."

    Tons of respect for Whitworth now. He could have spewed all kinds of hatred for the nanny putting his children at risk, but instead accepts the fact that if he brings just one person in to his home, he's putting his family at risk. He and his wife made the decision that they aren't going to shut down their lives over it.

    Also, Anthony Lynn, Chargers minority head coach had COVID. He didn't think anything of it until he saw a guy on TV describing the symptoms, and they matched his. So he went and got checked. Lynn said if not for having the TV on at that moment, he might never have gotten checked.

    COVID is only deadly to the elderly, and people with pre-existing conditions. However, you will NOT hear about that from News and Websites because it would mean less clicks for them.

    Tell me, when was the last time you heard "died from COVID, but the deceased was already high risk"?
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 20468
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:04 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:How does it go from "I'm not worried about dying from COVID" to "he misses the point about him spreading it to everyone."

    So many hateful people out there. He wasn't talking about being a carrier. He was talking about "what if you get COVID Kirk?"

    Guess What? Andrew Whitworth and his entire family have had COVID! His Nanny caught it and passed it on to his family. He's not mad at her. His words: "She was being careful, practicing social distancing, but that doesn't mean your not going to catch it."

    Tons of respect for Whitworth now. He could have spewed all kinds of hatred for the nanny putting his children at risk, but instead accepts the fact that if he brings just one person in to his home, he's putting his family at risk. He and his wife made the decision that they aren't going to shut down their lives over it.

    Also, Anthony Lynn, Chargers minority head coach had COVID. He didn't think anything of it until he saw a guy on TV describing the symptoms, and they matched his. So he went and got checked. Lynn said if not for having the TV on at that moment, he might never have gotten checked.

    COVID is only deadly to the elderly, and people with pre-existing conditions. However, you will NOT hear about that from News and Websites because it would mean less clicks for them.

    Tell me, when was the last time you heard "died from COVID, but the deceased was already high risk"?


    So your Ok with 47 million people exposed to possibly dies, thats just age, now add in all those with some pre existing condition for birth to 65, then we have to add Race as a pre existing condition as well since those of color also seem more prone to get infected.

    Thats a lot of body bags


    47.8 million
    The number of people age 65 and older in the United States on July 1, 2015. This group accounted for 14.9 percent of the total population. The age 65 and older population grew 1.6 million from 2014.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 32791
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:51 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    So your Ok with 47 million people exposed to possibly dies, thats just age, now add in all those with some pre existing condition for birth to 65, then we have to add Race as a pre existing condition as well since those of color also seem more prone to get infected.

    Thats a lot of body bags

    47.8 million
    The number of people age 65 and older in the United States on July 1, 2015. This group accounted for 14.9 percent of the total population. The age 65 and older population grew 1.6 million from 2014.



    Assuming 100% contraction rate for any virus at any time in history for a group is a really terrible way to try to make some sort of point.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 825
    Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:33 pm


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:25 pm
  • Image
    James in PA
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1544
    Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:36 pm


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:08 pm
  • Whether or not you agree with Cousins, he clearly could have been more intelligent in how he said it. Or chosen not to answer it?

    So yes, Cousin is a moron. He literally repeated, almost word for word, what those morons in FLA on spring break said that then ended up getting sick with Covid. Weird choice of words.

    Then again, Cousins does not come off as the brightest bulb.

    Goes with the whole 'playoff choke artist' well though.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4066
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:56 pm
  • James in PA wrote:Image

    damn you beat me to it! Vikings are probably hoping he does.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 10020
    Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:20 am
    Location: BC Canada


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:48 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Whether or not you agree with Cousins, he clearly could have been more intelligent in how he said it. Or chosen not to answer it?

    So yes, Cousin is a moron. He literally repeated, almost word for word, what those morons in FLA on spring break said that then ended up getting sick with Covid. Weird choice of words.

    Then again, Cousins does not come off as the brightest bulb.

    Goes with the whole 'playoff choke artist' well though.


    I guess you didn't read everything he said. He's not afraid for himself personally, but he respects other peoples' wishes and wears a mask. Those idiot spring breakers did not.
    Erebus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1542
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:53 pm
    Location: San Antonio, TX


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:37 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Whether or not you agree with Cousins, he clearly could have been more intelligent in how he said it. Or chosen not to answer it?

    So yes, Cousin is a moron. He literally repeated, almost word for word, what those morons in FLA on spring break said that then ended up getting sick with Covid. Weird choice of words.

    Then again, Cousins does not come off as the brightest bulb.

    Goes with the whole 'playoff choke artist' well though.



    Sure, he could be more like Russ, and say things in the blandest, most calculated, boring and meaningless way possible, or people could just grow up and stop clutching their pearls at every statement that isn't carefully massaged to be as benign and inoffensive as possible. Cancel culture is an absolute cancer.

    So, being able to evaluate the data, determine his relative risk, and understand that his absolute risk of morbidity or mortality does not exceed a threshold that he is comfortable with equates to being "not the brightest bulb." Good to know.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2853
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:49 am
  • cousins is a moron.. but hes said nothing wrong here.

    Full context is probably needed, but hes basically eschewing his own health but respects the health of others.

    In retrospect, probably a fairly benign, if not encouraging take on covid and mask wearing.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 19459
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: Kirk Cousins is a moron
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:16 am
  • Well said Kirk, Don’t be a sheep. Unlike a lot of folks in the world today.
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 474
    Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:36 pm




It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:09 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]




Information
  • Who is online