Kirk Cousins is a moron

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Mizak":3tilgawo said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TMZ/status/1301150394077253632

That would explain the dude’s poor playoff performances.

Taking a tweet from an entertainment site (already known to take things out of context for their own benefit), quoting a one liner from a player, and then applying some sort of higher meaning to it, actually says more about those posting it, then it says about Kirk Cousins. Childish post.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Why should he be scared? At his age, and fitness level, his risk of Covid mortality is slightly lower than his risk of dying from influenza, and his risk of significant morbidity is only slightly higher.

I'm not afraid of it either, and I am 16 years older than he is. Some of the things I do for fun have a higher risk of death, and are part of the reason my risk is lower than the average person of my age.

Like him, I believe the data suggests the risk reduction of masks is vastly overstated. Like him, I still wear one.

getnasty

Reaction score
Yeah Cousins has a much greater chance of dieing in a car accident then Covid. For what he makes a year i'm probably running that risk.

ivotuk

Reaction score
How does it go from "I'm not worried about dying from COVID" to "he misses the point about him spreading it to everyone."

So many hateful people out there. He wasn't talking about being a carrier. He was talking about "what if you get COVID Kirk?"

Guess What? Andrew Whitworth and his entire family have had COVID! His Nanny caught it and passed it on to his family. He's not mad at her. His words: "She was being careful, practicing social distancing, but that doesn't mean your not going to catch it."

Tons of respect for Whitworth now. He could have spewed all kinds of hatred for the nanny putting his children at risk, but instead accepts the fact that if he brings just one person in to his home, he's putting his family at risk. He and his wife made the decision that they aren't going to shut down their lives over it.

Also, Anthony Lynn, Chargers minority head coach had COVID. He didn't think anything of it until he saw a guy on TV describing the symptoms, and they matched his. So he went and got checked. Lynn said if not for having the TV on at that moment, he might never have gotten checked.

COVID is only deadly to the elderly, and people with pre-existing conditions. However, you will NOT hear about that from News and Websites because it would mean less clicks for them.

Tell me, when was the last time you heard "died from COVID, but the deceased was already high risk"?

chris98251

Reaction score
ivotuk":39szq1g4 said:
How does it go from "I'm not worried about dying from COVID" to "he misses the point about him spreading it to everyone."

So many hateful people out there. He wasn't talking about being a carrier. He was talking about "what if you get COVID Kirk?"

Guess What? Andrew Whitworth and his entire family have had COVID! His Nanny caught it and passed it on to his family. He's not mad at her. His words: "She was being careful, practicing social distancing, but that doesn't mean your not going to catch it."

Tons of respect for Whitworth now. He could have spewed all kinds of hatred for the nanny putting his children at risk, but instead accepts the fact that if he brings just one person in to his home, he's putting his family at risk. He and his wife made the decision that they aren't going to shut down their lives over it.

Also, Anthony Lynn, Chargers minority head coach had COVID. He didn't think anything of it until he saw a guy on TV describing the symptoms, and they matched his. So he went and got checked. Lynn said if not for having the TV on at that moment, he might never have gotten checked.

COVID is only deadly to the elderly, and people with pre-existing conditions. However, you will NOT hear about that from News and Websites because it would mean less clicks for them.

Tell me, when was the last time you heard "died from COVID, but the deceased was already high risk"?

So your Ok with 47 million people exposed to possibly dies, thats just age, now add in all those with some pre existing condition for birth to 65, then we have to add Race as a pre existing condition as well since those of color also seem more prone to get infected.

Thats a lot of body bags

47.8 million
The number of people age 65 and older in the United States on July 1, 2015. This group accounted for 14.9 percent of the total population. The age 65 and older population grew 1.6 million from 2014.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2xte6rde said:
So your Ok with 47 million people exposed to possibly dies, thats just age, now add in all those with some pre existing condition for birth to 65, then we have to add Race as a pre existing condition as well since those of color also seem more prone to get infected.

Thats a lot of body bags

47.8 million
The number of people age 65 and older in the United States on July 1, 2015. This group accounted for 14.9 percent of the total population. The age 65 and older population grew 1.6 million from 2014.

Assuming 100% contraction rate for any virus at any time in history for a group is a really terrible way to try to make some sort of point.

James in PA

Reaction score
c97f117c20bcfcde9ecea0d8d14f1845.jpg

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Whether or not you agree with Cousins, he clearly could have been more intelligent in how he said it. Or chosen not to answer it?

So yes, Cousin is a moron. He literally repeated, almost word for word, what those morons in FLA on spring break said that then ended up getting sick with Covid. Weird choice of words.

Then again, Cousins does not come off as the brightest bulb.

Goes with the whole 'playoff choke artist' well though.

Erebus

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":6ihq89w9 said:
Whether or not you agree with Cousins, he clearly could have been more intelligent in how he said it. Or chosen not to answer it?

So yes, Cousin is a moron. He literally repeated, almost word for word, what those morons in FLA on spring break said that then ended up getting sick with Covid. Weird choice of words.

I guess you didn't read everything he said. He's not afraid for himself personally, but he respects other peoples' wishes and wears a mask. Those idiot spring breakers did not.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":326xy6ll said:

Sure, he could be more like Russ, and say things in the blandest, most calculated, boring and meaningless way possible, or people could just grow up and stop clutching their pearls at every statement that isn't carefully massaged to be as benign and inoffensive as possible. Cancel culture is an absolute cancer.

So, being able to evaluate the data, determine his relative risk, and understand that his absolute risk of morbidity or mortality does not exceed a threshold that he is comfortable with equates to being "not the brightest bulb." Good to know.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
cousins is a moron.. but hes said nothing wrong here.

Full context is probably needed, but hes basically eschewing his own health but respects the health of others.

In retrospect, probably a fairly benign, if not encouraging take on covid and mask wearing.

Reaction score
Well said Kirk, Don’t be a sheep. Unlike a lot of folks in the world today.