NFL to allow piped in crowd noise

DJrmb

Reaction score
Teams will be allowed to pump in noise to simulate home crowds.

Insert jokes about the Atlanta Falcons and the Indianapolis Colts here.

“For teams with no fans in the stands, we’ve created audio that will be played in all stadiums,” Vincent said.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-doesnt...tage-plans-pump-in-crowd-noise-223201288.html

At first I thought this was a silly idea when MLB decided to do it. However, I have to admit it adds something to the broadcast. I like it from the standpoint of watching at home.

However, how will they police this? Are they going to have people going around measuring decibels at each game, or is it just going to be the wild west? When will they get to start and have to stop the noise? For HFA this kind of sucks for the more aware fan bases. The ones that actually pay attention and know when the best time is to ramp up the noise to disrupt opposing offenses. Now can every team just have some dude up in the stands crank up the volume as soon as the offense starts to huddle?

chris98251

Reaction score
So we and the Chiefs get our 128 DB noise at home when the other team is on offense?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
One of the offense players spoke of this the other day after the mock game. He said they lowered the volume from the first game to the second. But the level is going to be the same throughout the game. Our defense guys are used to the noise, but not on offense. At least at home. That's why he brought it up. Just an adjustment that they'll have to deal with this year until fans are allowed back.