Air quality on the bubble for 49ers/Cards game

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Florio:

"The easiest fix would entail flipping home games, sending the contest to Arizona with the Week 16 rematch happening in Santa Clara. However, that would put the 49ers on the road for the first three games of the season, and it would result in four of five home games to end the season. Likewise, it would give the Cardinals three straight home games to start the season, and five of the last seven games on the road."

I thought it'd be covid, but it's fires from the Central Valley.

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":7pihb0cr said:
Florio:

"The easiest fix would entail flipping home games, sending the contest to Arizona with the Week 16 rematch happening in Santa Clara. However, that would put the 49ers on the road for the first three games of the season, and it would result in four of five home games to end the season. Likewise, it would give the Cardinals three straight home games to start the season, and five of the last seven games on the road."

Not sure how they could expect the players to be okay with playing in those conditions.

Has the bay air quality improved at all?

Here it's bad and expected to be worse tomorrow and possibly Sunday.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":oxvql9fl said:
SantaClaraHawk":oxvql9fl said:
Florio:

Not sure how they could expect the players to be okay with playing in those conditions.

I half expect the NFL to flip this game tomorrow and play it on Phoenix.
It would be a severely tight deadline but I think they can do it.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Washington49er":uujuiqgt said:
SantaClaraHawk":uujuiqgt said:
Florio:

The BA quality regionwide is terrible. SC was on the bubble yesterday at 199 but around them the AQI was about 250-275. There are no major weather changes forecast today and the fires are maybe 10-30 percent contained.

They're going to have to look at it today i guess and try to guess right, which could mean going out to where the cards are, or hope for the best and take the risk that the AQI will be too high and that the game will have to be called off.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2zqkn79q said:
Washington49er":2zqkn79q said:
SantaClaraHawk":2zqkn79q said:
Florio:

I half expect the NFL to flip this game tomorrow and play it on Phoenix.

AZ stadium has RV show this weekend

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":2swo0alp said:
Sports Hernia":2swo0alp said:
Washington49er":2swo0alp said:
SantaClaraHawk":2swo0alp said:
Florio:

I half expect the NFL to flip this game tomorrow and play it on Phoenix

AZ stadium has RV show this weekend
Welp! I guess that rules that out then. Maybe move it to Monday and have them play it on Vegas?
I’m spitballing here. The bye weeks don’t line up either.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
AQI in Santa Clara is 177 at the mo. Haven't heard anything on the news yet for yes or no to the game.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2b4rzrp3 said:
AQI in Santa Clara is 177 at the mo. Haven't heard anything on the news yet for yes or no to the game.
Is 200 the cutoff?
If it stays at 177 they play right?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":e7gtcart said:
SantaClaraHawk":e7gtcart said:
Is 200 the cutoff?
If it stays at 177 they play right?

200 is the cutoff at gametime. They're expected to make predictions accordingly.

If it's over 200 at gametime, doubt the nflpa is going to allow this game.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":1q374jth said:
It wouldn't surprise me if they postpone it until Monday and move it to Arizona.

Except there are already two MNF games scheduled.

Monday Night 7:00 ET: Pittsburgh @ NY Giants (ESPN; Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit)
Monday Night 10:10 ET: Tennessee @ Denver (ESPN; Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick)

(all eastern)

I suppose they could play earlier in the day however.

Maulbert

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3c02lp0h said:
Maulbert":3c02lp0h said:
It wouldn't surprise me if they postpone it until Monday and move it to Arizona.

Except there are already two MNF games scheduled.

Monday Night 7:00 ET: Pittsburgh @ NY Giants (ESPN; Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit)
Monday Night 10:10 ET: Tennessee @ Denver (ESPN; Steve Levy, Brian Griese, Louis Riddick)

(all eastern)

I suppose they could play earlier in the day however.

They have moved Sunday games to Monday due to weather issues previously. I didn't say they'd televise it. Moving it to Monday would be far easier than just moving locations on Sunday.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They'd have to split the Sunday night card to appease all the angry 9er fans.

I mean, I live with one, and if he ends up having to watch Pittsburgh I seriously wonder about the fate of our physical TV set.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":27f25ju3 said:
They'd have to split the Sunday night card to appease all the angry 9er fans.

I mean, I live with one, and if he ends up having to watch Pittsburgh I seriously wonder about the fate of our physical TV set.
I’m normally against all things Niner, but no one should have to watch Pittsburgh. 8)

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
News today has AQI forecast at about 180, so the game is still on.