NFL RedZone

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So, Youtube TV recently got NFL Network and for the first Sunday of the season they included NFL RedZone for free as well. This was my first experience with this channel and OMG, this is a life changer. For those of you who have had this channel for years, I envy you. I actually watched the channel for all seven hours today, the first time in years that I've spent that much time on a Sunday watching the NFL. Now I just need to decide if I want to pay $10.99 a month to keep it for the rest of the season.

FYI, the $10.99/mo. is for Youtube TV's new Sports Plus Package which includes NFL RedZone, FOX College Sports, GOL TV, FOX Soccer Plus, MAVTV Motorsports Network, and Stadium.

jman316

Reaction score
It's like football crack...mainline IV of pigskin goodness!

Sit back and bask in the glory of 7 straight hours of action .

Yes, RedZone is all of that and more.

kidhawk

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1el4wc25 said:
So, Youtube TV recently got NFL Network and for the first Sunday of the season they included NFL RedZone for free as well. This was my first experience with this channel and OMG, this is a life changer. For those of you who have had this channel for years, I envy you. I actually watched the channel for all seven hours today, the first time in years that I've spent that much time on a Sunday watching the NFL. Now I just need to decide if I want to pay $10.99 a month to keep it for the rest of the season.

FYI, the $10.99/mo. is for Youtube TV's new Sports Plus Package which includes NFL RedZone, FOX College Sports, GOL TV, FOX Soccer Plus, MAVTV Motorsports Network, and Stadium.

That was definitely a nice little addition they made. Also noticed tonight when I got home at halftime of the Steelers/Giants game I went to watch it and was debating between watching it from the start of the game or watching it from live but when I tried to watch it I got a third option...to catch up by watching the big plays. I was intrigued so I selected it and it gave me about a dozen plays including all the scoring plays, along with some sacks, turnovers and other highlights. I assume cable DVRs do the same but as I don’t have cable this was my first time seeing this feature. I think it’s something I’d use for games like this where I don’t really care too much about either team winning. If it were the Seahawks or any other NFC West foe I am sure I’d watch it from the beginning but either way I thought it was a cool new feature.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Wave Broadband let us have the channel for free for the past few days, but as i watched it I'm like whoa wait, you are pulling away to yet another game and two more. I could see how people would be into it if they did heavy fantasy, but for me it was pretty discordant.

I wish NFL would just license content so people out of market could watch their favorite teams. I'd pay a cool $40 a month to watch the Seahawks for example.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3osdd19u said:
Wave Broadband let us have the channel for free for the past few days, but as i watched it I'm like whoa wait, you are pulling away to yet another game and two more. I could see how people would be into it if they did heavy fantasy, but for me it was pretty discordant.

I wish NFL would just license content so people out of market could watch their favorite teams. I'd pay a cool $40 a month to watch the Seahawks for example.
That's where I'm at. I hate fantasy football. It's solely responsible for the degradation of football fans' knowledge of the game as a whole. In my younger days I would always watch Hawk games with friends at one of our houses and it was constantly switching channels because people wanted to see their players in the early days and redzone when that came about. Most annoying experience ever. I just want to watch a game. I've never been a highlights guy.

It's no wonder everyone thinks QB's that have tons of yards/TDs, but lose are awesome. They never get to see the picks and bad plays that lead to losses.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Love redzone when the Hawks are home playing in the afternoon.

Get to bounce around and see highlights and then sit back and relax for the 1pm game in it's entirety. Commercial-free and even better when it's getting near the end and it's bouncing around to the close games.