MVP Talk

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Kyler Murray has looked good this year. Perhaps even made a jump from last season. He has two highlight runs for TDs including today's game. All well and good for him and Cardinals fans.

What bugs me is how quick the media/announcers are to utter the word "MVP". Why? Because he is shifty and had two runs for TDs, suddenly that elevates you to MVP talk in Week 2?

I think that's terribly lazy thinking and illustrates how quick the media is to latch on to the latest flavor of the month. Now Lamar legit took the MVP away from Russ last year. I have no problem with that. Lamar was a FREAK while Russ cooled off late in the season.

But is it just me or are others thinking just because Murray has run for two nice TDs that it's probably a wee bit early to put him in MVP conversation?

:Dunno:

sutz

Reaction score
Agreed. Way too early for talking MVP. Especially if Russ isn't in the mix. :twisted:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Besides the fact that Russell has been a TRUE MVP (by the very definition) for years, and yet never had a single vote, it's just so silly to hear MVP talk in Week 2 because a first round pick has a couple of nice runs. Wow. If that's where we are in analysis for MVP consideration, God help us.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
MVP talk shouldn't even be entertained until around week 8. At least by then you have half a season to really evaluate.

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":38b80n1i said:
Besides the fact that Russell has been a TRUE MVP (by the very definition) for years, and yet never had a single vote, it's just so silly to hear MVP talk in Week 2 because a first round pick has a couple of nice runs. Wow. If that's where we are in analysis for MVP consideration, God help us.

Pity he only has 9 TD passes in two weeks.

Really needs to step up his game if he wants to be considered.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Not even being biased... at this point in the season (After week 2) , is Russ not the leading candidate? Obviously there's that GB QB guy, and potentially that Baltimore QB guy... but if the season were to end today. Seattle's QB3 takes it a landslide.

Ok, I'm probably a little biased... but knowing Russell, it really wasn't until this past offseason that it's been mentioned that he's been slighted his whole career. I really think he's going to go for it hard and get it this year. Hear it here... mark it down boys:

Russell Wilson, MVP 2020/2021 NFL season.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Don't focus on that. 99% of the media realizes it's Wilson right now.

They're just thinking Murray because of the random year 2 leaps made by Mahomes and Jackson. But both of them had their first two games similar to what Wilson has had - it's his year.