Ziggy Ansah to the 9ers

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ansah will sign a one-year, $3 million deal, the NFL Network reported. Ansah reportedly turned down the 49ers’ veteran-minimum offer of $1.05 million in August.

Ansah, 31, has already met with the 49ers twice over the past six weeks, with their last visit occurring Tuesday. The two sides reportedly couldn’t agree on contract terms during both visits, but Ansah had far more leverage this time after Pro Bowl pass rusher Nick Bosa suffered a torn ACL in a 31-13 win over the Jets on Sunday.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/artic ... 20(Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Washington49er

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":ixiscdhx said:
Ansah will sign a one-year, $3 million deal, the NFL Network reported. Ansah reportedly turned down the 49ers’ veteran-minimum offer of $1.05 million in August.

Ansah, 31, has already met with the 49ers twice over the past six weeks, with their last visit occurring Tuesday. The two sides reportedly couldn’t agree on contract terms during both visits, but Ansah had far more leverage this time after Pro Bowl pass rusher Nick Bosa suffered a torn ACL in a 31-13 win over the Jets on Sunday.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/artic ... 20(Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Ya think? Of course he had more leverage. Thanks captain obvious...lol

I only hope the other report is also accurate about him being in better shape than he was when he was with the Hawks. Injury healed? We'll see.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":1wvnq9ly said:
SantaClaraHawk":1wvnq9ly said:

I only hope the other report is also accurate about him being in better shape than he was when he was with the Hawks. Injury healed? We'll see.
He was horrible last year. Good luck.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1g1a2n3q said:
Washington49er":1g1a2n3q said:
SantaClaraHawk":1g1a2n3q said:

Well you see whats out there. Its just a move so we can field a team. I think the 9ers are pretty much done unless by some miracle we can hold it together and work with what we have left of our squad.

knownone

Reaction score
I’m kind of jealous. Ziggy was bad for us last year, but he’s a scheme fit with upside if he can get/stay healthy. I would much rather roll the dice on that, admittedly, unlikely scenario playing out rather than going after guys who are less of a scheme fit. Matthews, for example, would be a great addition as a situational pass rusher. But he’d be a liability as a 3 down DE, and he’s far to slow to replace Irvin at SAM.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":1lij7hf2 said:
Sports Hernia":1lij7hf2 said:
Washington49er":1lij7hf2 said:
SantaClaraHawk":1lij7hf2 said:

Well you see whats out there. Its just a move so we can field a team. I think the 9ers are pretty much done unless by some miracle we can hold it together and work with what we have left of our squad.
Not blaming the Niners one bit for picking him up, just think he’s done.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":8zepnfbc said:
Washington49er":8zepnfbc said:
Sports Hernia":8zepnfbc said:
Washington49er":8zepnfbc said:

Not blaming the Niners one bit for picking him up, just think he’s done.

Then he'll fit right in...lol

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Hawks needed pass rushers and as has been well observed here they didn’t even give him a look after seeing him all last season. He’s done and probably won’t do anything much for SF.

Looks as if Matthews is holding out for big $ and may just get it if DEs keep going down.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Before the draft, some of the rumors were no one know exactly how old he was. I have a feeling he is actually 34 not 31 that he claims to be.

olyfan63

Reaction score
One wasted season of his underperformance was enough in Seattle. Glad Pete and John recognized his tank was on E and didn't invest any further in him. Looks like LJ Collier was a better bet for us. Whether Ansah is 31 or 34, he may as well be 50, and not in a Tom Brady kind of way, given his production the last couple years.