Cam and Edelman looking human against Raiders

xgeoff

Reaction score
Pretty obvious that these guys were made to look superhuman by a very poor scheme on the part of the Seahawks. A little bit of pressure, a little bit of coverage, and all of a sudden Cam and Edelman look like who they are. Good, not great.

Norton needs to get his act together. Hoping that happens against Dallas today. Fingers crossed.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Raiders' early success has been really impressive...they're a better team than last year

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Agreed. As a team, they are much better. But they are not THAT great. And with just a little bit of pressure, Cam's play deteriorates drastically. Not a whole bunch of big names that I can see. For example, some no-name nickelback made a play on Edelman in man-man coverage, no problem.

Bottom line is that Cam and Edelman are NOT as superhuman as they appeared against us. We ENABLED that crap. Just like we did with some of the sorry-ass Cardinal QB's in the past.

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Threedee":24l0p345 said:
Also, it looks like Bill is wearing a coffee filter over his face.

Well, he is known for his fashion sense ;)

BigBill1945

Reaction score
We are number 32 in total defense in the NFL. This is obviously not good. With our injuries things may be worse.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I missed it, did the Raiders lose their starting safety already

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":1ualuzdp said:
I missed it, did the Raiders lose their starting safety already

LOL, nice. No, they didn't. They did not lose undrafted free-agent, former CFL standout Erik Harris. Who I'm sure should be considered a Pro-bowl safety, but has just been overlooked so far. But no, he's fine... :roll:

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2bsj3o3l said:
Seattle always gets everyone’s best shot as well.

I've heard that argument before, but it doesn't resonate with me. Rather it seems like we enable teams. For example, remember a couple years ago when the Washington Football Club came to town and they had three of their starting offensive linemen out.

Many people could (and did) say this was just a fantastic effort by that Washington ramshackle line, which made our pass rush look non-existent and allowed Kirk Cousins to look like Cam Newton did last week. Did we just get Washington's best effort, because their line was crap after the game against us. Or, as is more likely, did we just have (and continue to have) a defensive line and defensive scheme that is incapable of applying pressure on the QB. I say the evidence is on the latter.

hawk45

Reaction score
I agree the defense is weak but I’m not sure what magic is out there for Norton when he has nobody on the DL who can get pressure. He’s already sending Adams on blitzes left and right, but that tactic has a short half life as QBs realize they have man matchups and can throw right at the blitz.

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
hawk45":1axmfu72 said:
I agree the defense is weak but I’m not sure what magic is out there for Norton when he has nobody on the DL who can get pressure. He’s already sending Adams on blitzes left and right, but that tactic has a short half life as QBs realize they have man matchups and can throw right at the blitz.

Right, so one strategy would be that in obvious passing situations you take Reed and Poona off the field. You go with a pass rushing package of, say Mayowa, Robinson, Brooks, and Collier.

Another option is you rush the passer with Mayowa, Collier, Brooks and Adams and bring in an extra DB for Adams in the back. Now, I know that the DB's are now depleted because of injuries, but you could have Diggs, Dunbar, Shaq, Amadi and Flowers as DB's, and Wagner plus Barton in passing situations.

I mean, you can TRY things with personnel packages like these that don't necessitate playing any particular coverage.

OP
OP
xgeoff

xgeoff

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1heobboh said:
Nothing wrong with our defense. RW just has to put 35 plus every week.

LOL, touche!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
xgeoff":25879fwb said:
Sports Hernia":25879fwb said:
Seattle always gets everyone’s best shot as well.

I've heard that argument before, but it doesn't resonate with me. Rather it seems like we enable teams. For example, remember a couple years ago when the Washington Football Club came to town and they had three of their starting offensive linemen out.

Many people could (and did) say this was just a fantastic effort by that Washington ramshackle line, which made our pass rush look non-existent and allowed Kirk Cousins to look like Cam Newton did last week. Did we just get Washington's best effort, because their line was crap after the game against us. Or, as is more likely, did we just have (and continue to have) a defensive line and defensive scheme that is incapable of applying pressure on the QB. I say the evidence is on the latter.
It doesn’t have to be an either or situation. I’m the first one to bitch about playing down to the opponents, I’m also always one of the first to bitch about lack of pressure on the opposing QB in the game day forums, so I’m aware of defensive inefficiencies. :)

CPHawk

Reaction score
So far the Pats have 20 and the raiders 10. Is that better than what we did? The pats have more yards and points at this same point of the 3rd quarter, then against us.

KinesProf

Reaction score
xgeoff":3nxxmf5h said:
Pretty obvious that these guys were made to look superhuman by a very poor scheme on the part of the Seahawks. A little bit of pressure, a little bit of coverage, and all of a sudden Cam and Edelman look like who they are. Good, not great.

Norton needs to get his act together. Hoping that happens against Dallas today. Fingers crossed.

Patriots offense has scored more points this week than they did against Seattle.