9ers@giants

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
They drove down the field and got a fg.

then fooled jones, ball went loose on a fumble, Dion Jordan picked it up.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Niners are blowing them out 29-9.

All these 2s and some 3s are really doing their jobs. The only issue has been with their ls but Gould's kicked most of the fG anyway.

Haven't seen much Ansah but that rook hasty came in (the small guy) and got a first down in his debut...

Marvin49

Reaction score
All I’m gonna say is that I feel really bad for football fans in NY and thank god the Niners finally get off that turf next week.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Oh....and Ansah hasn’t looked bad. He looks better than I remember him looking last year in Seattle when it looked like he was moving in slow motion.

SF49r

Reaction score
Mullens looks waaaaay more poised than Jimmy. Just doesn't have that quick release and velocity Jimmy G has though.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They’ve caught a break with the schedule by beating up on 2 of New York’s Junior High teams.

SC’s 2’s and 3’s are better than the Giants and Jets starters.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
How in the world do you make the Super Bowl and then start with three awful teams from last season? I know AZ improved and beat them, but we can swap them with Philly then and either way, 3/4 teams that are just flat out terrible to start the season, and to top it off, get two games in the same stadium too? Crazy.

The Niners are easily going to weather this storm until week 6 and they'll probably have most of their key guys back.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1ya019sz said:
How in the world do you make the Super Bowl and then start with three awful teams from last season? I know AZ improved and beat them, but we can swap them with Philly then and either way, 3/4 teams that are just flat out terrible to start the season, and to top it off, get two games in the same stadium too? Crazy.

The Niners are easily going to weather this storm until week 6 and they'll probably have most of their key guys back.

I mostly agree with you. The 9ers normally see the Cards as the least of the West (they lost on that assumption) but Jets, Giants, Eagles and then Dolphins might be the cakiest of early-season cake I've seen.

But even though it is cake, all those teams came in with far less injury damage than the 49ers. Look what happened to the defense on those injuries--they walked away having given up just nine points. All in FGs. The defense there is def doing the job and that's gonna be a problem for you and for us as they'll have more pieces back.

rlkats

Reaction score
It has been on paper an easy start to the season. We play the same teams you all do. Will we do better who knows. But the loses that scare me the most is Bosa and the glass jaw Ford. That man can’t breath without a injury. After all the injuries I never thought we would be as good as we were against the Gnats. But I have to remember to temper my expectations because it does get waaaaay harder as we go on.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cardinals
Jets
Giants
Eagles
Dolphins

Gee for a 1st place schedule, this seems pretty easy. Nice work league office, who knew the Giants, Jets and Dolphins were going to stink?

Oh, everyone.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1np4xy5f said:
Cardinals
Jets
Giants
Eagles
Dolphins

Gee for a 1st place schedule, this seems pretty easy. Nice work league office, who knew the Giants, Jets and Dolphins were going to stink?

Oh, everyone.

No question the 49ers are fortunate with that starting schedule (tho I'm not sure how fortunate it is to be playing on that MetLife turf in back to back weeks), but AFTER that stretch?

Rams, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Rams, Bills.

Then they Washington...

and then close with Cowboys, Cardinals, Seahawks.

They may be fortunate to hopefully get some of these injured guys back before the meat of the schedule (tho thats a misnomer because we have no way to know who else will get hurt), but after the Dophins, its a crucible.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":1kq9eiy5 said:
Sgt. Largent":1kq9eiy5 said:
Cardinals
Jets
Giants
Eagles
Dolphins

Oh, everyone.

No question the 49ers are fortunate with that starting schedule (tho I'm not sure how fortunate it is to be playing on that MetLife turf in back to back weeks), but AFTER that stretch?

Rams, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Rams, Bills.

Then they Washington...

and then close with Cowboys, Cardinals, Seahawks.

They may be fortunate to hopefully get some of these injured guys back before the meat of the schedule (tho thats a misnomer because we have no way to know who else will get hurt), but after the Dophins, its a crucible.

I know, I was just being snarky.

I'm actually impressed by how well the Niners have been playing, even against the dumpster fires that are the Jets and Giants. There isn't a team in the league that's had more injuries. Credit to the flat bill dad himself, Shanahan.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rlkats":rhu976qm said:
It has been on paper an easy start to the season. We play the same teams you all do. Will we do better who knows. But the loses that scare me the most is Bosa and the glass jaw Ford. That man can’t breath without a injury. After all the injuries I never thought we would be as good as we were against the Gnats. But I have to remember to temper my expectations because it does get waaaaay harder as we go on.
No doubt, we get to play those same Junior High teams later on. It’s better for you to play them now with all of those injuries and still get the win. Like I said your 2’s and 3’s are better than their 1’s.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5oyosr10 said:
rlkats":5oyosr10 said:
No doubt, we get to play those same Junior High teams later on. It’s better for you to play them now with all of those injuries and still get the win. Like I said your 2’s and 3’s are better than their 1’s.

...I think that's the real story. How the hell are the NY teams THAT bad. WOW.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":2r9j6u9y said:
Sports Hernia":2r9j6u9y said:
rlkats":2r9j6u9y said:

I wouldn't necessarily agree that their 1's are that much worse than your 2's and 3's, but good coaching and culture can make all the difference in the world.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2pbrdkvx said:
rlkats":2pbrdkvx said:

You guys get to play at the Clink, AZ and 9ers the only NFC teams playing at Metlife

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":3thyl12v said:
Sports Hernia":3thyl12v said:
rlkats":3thyl12v said:

You guys get to play at the Clink, AZ and 9ers the only NFC teams playing at Metlife
That’s the way the schedule crumbles.
I have very fond memories of MetLife stadium. It’s my favorite football stadium outside of C-link for obvious reasons. 8)

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":3hnq22re said:
Sports Hernia":3hnq22re said:
rlkats":3hnq22re said:

I have never been so confident/not even remotely concerned about a game as I am this Sunday, especially because of how pissed off the team is right now that they lost the game in Buffalo.

I am slightly concerned about going to Washington the week after, just because of their DL.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":swmdi4e9 said:
Marvin49":swmdi4e9 said:
Sports Hernia":swmdi4e9 said:
rlkats":swmdi4e9 said:

I have never been so confident/not even remotely concerned about a game as I am this Sunday, especially because of how pissed off the team is right now that they lost the game in Buffalo.

I am slightly concerned about going to Washington the week after, just because of their DL.

Chase Young is out for Browns with a groin issue. I don't know if you'll be seeing him @ Washington. The 2020 Giants are looking like a 3-13 team so far and should be one of the easiest games, scorewise, for anyone in the nfc west.

The proof will come more as the West plays each other.

94Smith

Reaction score
Maulbert":28gywl5k said:
Marvin49":28gywl5k said:
Sports Hernia":28gywl5k said:
rlkats":28gywl5k said:

I wouldn't necessarily agree that their 1's are that much worse than your 2's and 3's, but good coaching and culture can make all the difference in the world.

How many "back ups" did we really have playing. There is not much of (any?) drop off from Garoppolo to Mullens. Aiyuk and Bourne were scheduled to be WR2 and WR3. Dwelley is obviously not as good as Kittle. McKinnon is a starter in rotation. Defensive lie has 2/4 starters and I think Verett could and probably will start opposite of Sherman when he is back. Obviously Dontae Johnson is a big drop off. So really only 4 "backups"