Texans players veto Earl Thomas

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Unsurprising. But very sad, actually.

Even after it was obvious Earl wasn't getting anything more from us, he continued to go out there and ball. I really thought it might just be destruction of LOB syndrome, with bitterness, and that he'd end up like Richard Sherman somewhere.

Sherm turned out to be the quintessential team player, somewhere else. Earl did not. Apparently Earl's reputation precedes him on a third team.

rcaido

Reaction score
I wouldn't believe this news guy. He lies a lot as a reporter. Watson the team leader has been advocating to get Earl Thomas to Houston.

If i remember, due to Covid they had to cancel all the workout, not just Thomas.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bill-o-brien-c ... as-workout

"Yesterday, early in the morning we got a phone call from the league relative to Minnesota and Tennessee, what was going on there with those two teams," O'Brien said. "So we decided -- we had a bunch of guys in here ready to work out -- we said instead of keeping those guys holed up in a hotel, potentially to be there several days, we didn't know at that point. It was better for us to just cancel the workouts. We had several workouts."

With the league implementing a strict protocol for player visits and workouts amid the ongoing pandemic, prospective additions don't just simply fly in, work out and fly out anymore. They must test and isolate, requiring the aforementioned hotel stay, before they can audition.