Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GoEagles

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: GoEagles
Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:03 am
  • The 9ers would have won this game on traditional metrics except for one.

Turnovers.

i saw Mullens' presser after the event, and it was brutal. The young man himself outlined all the plays, in detail, along with how he screwed up, in detail. He had a rating of 108 last week, and in the 60s this week, and he couldn't explain it--he said he came in mentally prepared, their practice was good, etc.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:42 am
  • It is entirely possible that all 4 teams from the NFCW make the playoffs this year.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:19 am
  • bigskydoc wrote:It is entirely possible that all 4 teams from the NFCW make the playoffs this year.

Man I love the way you think. I just don’t have the faith that we can overcome our injuries and keep up with powerhouse teams. I don’t see the niners in the playoffs sad to say
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:37 am
  • rlkats wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:It is entirely possible that all 4 teams from the NFCW make the playoffs this year.

Man I love the way you think. I just don’t have the faith that we can overcome our injuries and keep up with powerhouse teams. I don’t see the niners in the playoffs sad to say

Niners are about to have the gauntlet of all gauntlets coming up. One of the most brutal stretches I've ever seen.

But start by winning against the Dolphins and then right now, Rams at Niners seems like a toss up. You guys could be 4-2 before getting into 4 road games in five weeks all against good teams, followed by a home game against the Bills. Win two of those six, and you have the Football team after that, which would put you guys at 7-6 with Dallas, Arizona and Seattle left.

I definitely see SF making the playoffs, unfortunately.

Cardinals are frauds though. Not going to be a playoff team.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:42 am
  • The birds were down to one healthy receiver at practice--Greg Ward. But they have this almost uncanny way of rallying and winning. They are not an easy team to predict game to game and if that Clowney hit hadn't happened to Wentz when we played 'em for playoffs, I think that game could have been a lot closer. Or different.

The game was just a bad game from them, not just on the qb but the pass protection, run blocking, ol play, everything was way, way off. it happens with some games and it happens to everyone.

The niners have lost for the season Bosa, Thomas, it looks like Ansah. 9er fans, feel free to correct me, but to my knowledge that is it. The team is fully capable of mounting a comeback.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:36 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:The birds were down to one healthy receiver at practice--Greg Ward. But they have this almost uncanny way of rallying and winning. They are not an easy team to predict game to game and if that Clowney hit hadn't happened to Wentz when we played 'em for playoffs, I think that game could have been a lot closer. Or different.

The game was just a bad game from them, not just on the qb but the pass protection, run blocking, ol play, everything was way, way off. it happens with some games and it happens to everyone.

The niners have lost for the season Bosa, Thomas, it looks like Ansah. 9er fans, feel free to correct me, but to my knowledge that is it. The team is fully capable of mounting a comeback.

You are correct sir. Lost for the season (major players) Bosa and Thomas. Lost to IR for several games, that list is long and and unbearable. We should get everyone back minus Bosa and Thomas. But man this is rough to watch.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:29 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:So........can we end the Mullens>Jimmy talk now? It’s really not close.

Only after you admit DK Metcalf is a good receiver who can run multiple routes.

I’ll admit he’s looked better than I thought, but he still runs ALOT of deep routes. When I said that before it wasn’t intended to be an insult. My point was that DK was a perfect compliment to Wilson’s deep ball. I still don’t see DK as a big RAC guy, but he made a GREAT move today late in the game.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:18 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:So........can we end the Mullens>Jimmy talk now? It’s really not close.

I’ll admit he’s looked better than I thought, but he still runs ALOT of deep routes. When I said that before it wasn’t intended to be an insult. My point was that DK was a perfect compliment to Wilson’s deep ball. I still don’t see DK as a big RAC guy, but he made a GREAT move today late in the game.

Yes, that was the play I was referring to.

I'll say it again. My entire point in my initial post was the Metcalf really fit what Wilson is really good at. I also stated that Deebo perfectly fit what the Niners do. Deebo is NOT a deep ball receiver. He's a "get the ball in space and make something happen" receiver as is Aiyuk and for that matter Kittle.

My whole point which got lost in everything that came after was that scheme fit is hugely important.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:17 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:It is entirely possible that all 4 teams from the NFCW make the playoffs this year.

It’s too bad they have to let a team from the NFC LEast make it.
    Might be a 5-11 or 6-10 team making it in this year.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:19 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

That might be the first time a bubble screen has worked for the Hawks.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:29 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Yes, that was the play I was referring to.

I'll say it again. My entire point in my initial post was the Metcalf really fit what Wilson is really good at. I also stated that Deebo perfectly fit what the Niners do. Deebo is NOT a deep ball receiver. He's a "get the ball in space and make something happen" receiver as is Aiyuk and for that matter Kittle.

My whole point which got lost in everything that came after was that scheme fit is hugely important.
    I agree with this.

I mean I watch DK catch a ball on the sidelines and truck Gilmore for another 20 and I say he can definitely be a RAC guy from a tools perspective. His speed scaring corners makes him wide open on slants and i constantly wish we’d throw him 10 slants a game but we don’t.

His most gaudy plays are deep balls, he’s fantastic at them, Wilson is fantastic at them, as you said match made in heaven.

Also agree with the Deebo comment. Putting balls on guys in stride over the middle is something JG can do. I think if the WRs switched teams there would be a lot of frustrated fans. JG would come nowhere near DK 40 yards downfield, and Deebo would get one or two over the middle a game from Wilson and that’s it.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Previous

It is currently Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information