Dan is getting fired

zchurch74

Reaction score
DQ will be fires by Wednesday. They are decimated by injuries but that isn’t enough to save his job.

getnasty

Reaction score
How quick has he fallin, wish him the best but he should be canned asap.

Threedee

Reaction score
There's teams, like the Jets, that you expect to be 0-5 (0/16). I never expected any version of the Falcons to be 0-5.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Those who would like Quinn to replace Norton, tell me how ATL's defense is better than ours? IMO, not much of step up if at all.
I agree Norton needs to go but not necessarily with Quinn. (Is Wade Phillips still available?)

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
TreeRon":2yhgo69t said:
Those who would like Quinn to replace Norton, tell me how ATL's defense is better than ours? IMO, not much of step up if at all.
I agree Norton needs to go but not necessarily with Quinn. (Is Wade Phillips still available?)
Quinn is not the defensive coordinator of Atlanta. And no it isn’t the same as being head coach in terms of responsibilities and impact. He has an excellent track record as a DC and position coach.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1xexrt0e said:
TreeRon":1xexrt0e said:
Quinn is not the defensive coordinator of Atlanta. And no it isn’t the same as being head coach in terms of responsibilities and impact. He has an excellent track record as a DC and position coach.

He doesn't have Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Brandon Mebane, Red Bryant, Tony McDaniel, or Clinton McDonald to come back to here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He is still going to be better than what we have.

Quinn for DC 2020!

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Do we think it would be any different if it were Norton, Quinn, Bradley, Richard, etc., etc? It's PETE'S defense, and from the history of the past few years the DC is hired to implement Pete's ideas and his base defense. There haven't been any of the talented coordinators here that have had the ability to implement their own style or nuances to the job, or do any specific coordinating or planning or running specifically designed plays for certain teams/players. It's the Pete Defense, and it has looked better in the past because of the quality of players and depth we have had over the years. Right now...we're banged-ip, depleted and don't have the overall talent we had in 2013.

I guess I'm saying that if Quinn came in to run the D and Norton was let go, it would look eerily similar, without much change... IMHO

Feel free to change my mind... I am in NO way a football coach, just a college professor who is a fan of the game. :)

hawk45

Reaction score
RockinHawks":16es7j5u said:
Do we think it would be any different if it were Norton, Quinn, Bradley, Richard, etc., etc? It's PETE'S defense, and from the history of the past few years the DC is hired to implement Pete's ideas and his base defense. There haven't been any of the talented coordinators here that have had the ability to implement their own style or nuances to the job, or do any specific coordinating or planning or running specifically designed plays for certain teams/players. It's the Pete Defense, and it has looked better in the past because of the quality of players and depth we have had over the years. Right now...we're banged-ip, depleted and don't have the overall talent we had in 2013.

I guess I'm saying that if Quinn came in to run the D and Norton was let go, it would look eerily similar, without much change... IMHO

Feel free to change my mind... I am in NO way a football coach, just a college professor who is a fan of the game. :)
I agree Pete sets the strategy and identity but I think within that there are tactical and implementation knobs and levers to twiddle that are non trivial.

Like the offense. For years with cable and bevell we ran play action deep shots and rushing. Schotty and solari came in and all of a sudden you have a power blocking scheme and less cute stuff where bevell would go to a less favorable matchup in the name of unpredictability.

(Of course this year that’s all out the window and we’re tossing it all over the yard on early downs to great effect)

Pete is, of course, more involved defensively I will grant. But I think who to sub on what down and distance, dialing up or down aggressive approaches such as blitzing or press, Pete isn’t going to stand in the way of that unless it’s failing miserably.

Ultimately I do agree any difference won’t be drastic though, simply because the horses aren’t there on the DL or at corner.

Now watch Quinn come in right as Shaquill heats up (please let Shaquill build on last week) and Dunbar returns to replace the hapless Flowers, making him look like a genius.

Dunbar, Shaquill 2.0, Adams, diggs, Amadi is a nice secondary I’m just waiting to see it.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1ahweb5v said:
Milehighhawk":1ahweb5v said:
TreeRon":1ahweb5v said:

He doesn't have Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Brandon Mebane, Red Bryant, Tony McDaniel, or Clinton McDonald to come back to here.
No more Dick,Earl,Brandon B,and Kam.
I'd rather have a new DC.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I'm seeing the Falcons tanking and getting Trevor to replace Ryan.
Total rebuild coming for Atlanta.
Quinn won't be there though!