Patriots' Stephen Gilmore tests positive after chiefs game

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1313814490329362432[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1313823908144050178[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And that pic of him and Mahomes after the game. I'd be extremely nervous right now if I was a Chiefs fan.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":oit6q0ox said:
And that pic of him and Mahomes after the game. I'd be extremely nervous right now if I was a Chiefs fan.

Yeah, they were closer than a romantic couple normally gets in public, I mean facemask to facemask.

it's not like it couldn't happen with one of our guys either. i mean most of the players have schools or past teams or some link in common.

rcaido

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4w0s50uq said:

Master plan of Emperor Belcheat!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
One thing I haven't seen any of the talking heads or sports media channels discuss is the outbreaks are possibly going to become more and more frequent in the 2nd half of the season.

If some players are already having a hard time following covid protocols? Then what's going to happen in late November and December when half the teams are clearly out of the playoff race?

No one can tell me players on those teams aren't going to be even more careless.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":t4yqm5wb said:
One thing I haven't seen any of the talking heads or sports media channels discuss is the outbreaks are possibly going to become more and more frequent in the 2nd half of the season.

If some players are already having a hard time following covid protocols? Then what's going to happen in late November and December when half the teams are clearly out of the playoff race?

No one can tell me players on those teams aren't going to be even more careless.

Only a few ways to avoid this:

1) Bubble them all leaguewide--either now or for the playoffs;
2) Mandate that stricken teams forfeit after a number of true positives;
3) Add a week 18 for makeup games for teams that have to do that, and flush the Pro Bowl.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2grgjadm said:
Sgt. Largent":2grgjadm said:

3) Add a week 18 for makeup games for teams that have to do that, and flush the Pro Bowl.

Maybe these would work, but IMO the only sure way to stop it would be to withhold game checks for any player and/or team that continues to violate the covid protocols.

And IMO it has to be individual players, because if one team has to forfeit, that affects the other team(s) they were playing, and everyone loses their game checks.

Either way, the ONLY way to really send the message is for these guys to miss game checks.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":q8ldb4b5 said:
SantaClaraHawk":q8ldb4b5 said:
Sgt. Largent":q8ldb4b5 said:

Maybe these would work, but IMO the only sure way to stop it would be to withhold game checks for any player and/or team that continues to violate the covid protocols.

And IMO it has to be individual players, because if one team has to forfeit, that affects the other team(s) they were playing, and everyone loses their game checks.

Either way, the ONLY way to really send the message is for these guys to miss game checks.

Yeah, I have to agree.

PFT rumors were that Tannehill himself was outside the facility trying to practice with guys. The whole reason that facility was closed was to preclude practice with guys. Same with the Dak and Zeke workouts in Texas earlier this year and as it turned out Zeke got covid himself.

So when it's totally obvious, like with the Raiders going to this maskless, indoor party because Waller was doing a charity thing for addiction, all those guys should have been fined their game checks, you know?

I'd even go further than that....said guys are making how many millions a year? They can turn on their GPS/location and have their employer track them much as employers do. If they're not being bad there's nothing to see.

Threedee

Reaction score
At this rate, the Patriots roster will consist entirely of walk-ons, and Mark Wahlberg will be the team captain.

Threedee

Reaction score
Maulbert":1kq910jz said:
Threedee":1kq910jz said:
At this rate, the Patriots roster will consist entirely of walk-ons, and Mark Wahlberg will be the team captain.

Shhh.... you'll give him an erection.

Haha, this time he'll be the one with the busted eye!

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Whelp Florio says the pats have another pos result so as a result their facility has been shut down.

Their game was moved to mnf but it's already Sunday.

The league has to do something like allow a week 18 for makeup games.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The NFL has called off the Week Five game between the Broncos and Patriots after the Patriots had another positive COVID-19 test and the plans to reschedule it will impact a couple of other Broncos games.

New England has a bye in Week Six and the NFL’s plan is to move the Broncos-Patriots game to that date. The Broncos were scheduled to host the Dolphins and Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the plan is to now play that game in Week 11. The Broncos were originally scheduled to host the Chargers that week. Per Schefter, that game would now be played in Week Eight because that’s when Denver was set to have their bye week.

What’s unclear is what that would mean for the Jaguars-Chargers game set for Week Eight. The two teams do not have the same bye week. Tuesday’s game between the Titans and Bills is also not a sure thing to happen and there will be a lot more scheduling gymnastics to do if that game needs to move.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... eek-eight/

So with bye weeks now organically built in, there will be fewer opportunities with each week to flex out as teams will have already had their bye weeks. I bet the Week 18 happens of that.