Dan Quinn now fired (Update)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Falcons fell to 0-5 on Sunday and it appears that the loss to the Panthers was the final nail in the coffin for head coach Dan Quinn.

Jeff Schultz of TheAthletic.com reports that Quinn’s firing has been “all but finalized” and that an announcement of his dismissal could come in the next two days.

Can we just go get this guy as special defensive whatever?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fans would love that but no way will Pete fire Norton when we are 4-0 and about to hopefully go 5-0 into the bye, even with the pass D issues. Now in the offseason?? Sign me up!

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Aros":1jx09sm1 said:
Fans would love that but no way will Pete fire Norton when we are 4-0 and about to hopefully go 5-0 into the bye, even with the pass D issues. Now in the offseason?? Sign me up!

I could see him brought in as a defensive consultant or something like that.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3ncttrs0 said:
The Falcons fell to 0-5 on Sunday and it appears that the loss to the Panthers was the final nail in the coffin for head coach Dan Quinn.

Jeff Schultz of TheAthletic.com reports that Quinn’s firing has been “all but finalized” and that an announcement of his dismissal could come in the next two days.

Can we just go get this guy as special defensive whatever?
Was just thinking the same thing. Whatever he did with our D I wanna see if he could replicate with this crop of shit bags. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawks85

Reaction score
Aros":2oj9g30h said:
I completely disagree. We will not advance deep into the playoffs let alone win a SB with this current D. A change has to be made. Norton is garbage and needs to be relieved back to a LB coach or something. I will be extremely pissed if Quinn isn't on this team by Wednesday.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawks85":2xiiody2 said:
Aros":2xiiody2 said:
I completely disagree. We will not advance deep into the playoffs let alone win a SB with this current D. A change has to be made. Norton is garbage and needs to be relieved back to a LB coach or something. I will be extremely pissed if Quinn isn't on this team by Wednesday.

What are you disagreeing with? There is virtually no chance Norton gets fired mid-season. That's all Aros is saying.

hawks85

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2lkvl4kb said:
hawks85":2lkvl4kb said:
Aros":2lkvl4kb said:

What are you disagreeing with? There is virtually no chance Norton gets fired mid-season. That's all Aros is saying.
If a Team can fire a HC mid season then DC or OC is on the chopping block. JUst move Norton back to a LB coach and make Quinn the DC. It's the bye week, and it's not like it's a completely different Defense. It will just be taught by a natural good D-coord rather garbage ass Norton. It's not gonna hurt anything we are already giving up 500 yards a game, and it can't get any worse. We are the worse D in the league by a long shot, and a change has to be made. If you think for 1 second that we will win a SB with this D you are crazy as hell. This D is beyond garbage. Norton is not a D-coord he's a position coach and that is his strength. Just like Quinn he's not a HC he's a D-coord that is his strength.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
hawks85":3d4lrqu7 said:
Seanhawk":3d4lrqu7 said:
hawks85":3d4lrqu7 said:
Aros":3d4lrqu7 said:

If a Team can fire a HC mid season then DC or OC is on the chopping block. JUst move Norton back to a LB coach and make Quinn the DC. It's the bye week, and it's not like it's a completely different Defense. It will just be taught by a natural good D-coord rather garbage ass Norton. It's not gonna hurt anything we are already giving up 500 yards a game, and it can't get any worse. We are the worse D in the league by a long shot, and a change has to be made. If you think for 1 second that we will win a SB with this D you are crazy as hell. This D is beyond garbage. Norton is not a D-coord he's a position coach and that is his strength. Just like Quinn he's not a HC he's a D-coord that is his strength.

You're completely missing the point. No one is saying it can't be done. We are saying PETE won't do it.

getnasty

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3ul44brr said:
hawks85":3ul44brr said:
Seanhawk":3ul44brr said:
hawks85":3ul44brr said:

You're completely missing the point. No one is saying it can't be done. We are saying PETE won't do it.

Not only Pete but the number of times it's been done mid season is few and far between. I'm willing to bet never on a 5-0 team.

jon70

Reaction score
getnasty":4b0ekfzp said:
Seanhawk":4b0ekfzp said:
hawks85":4b0ekfzp said:
Seanhawk":4b0ekfzp said:

Not only Pete but the number of times it's been done mid season is few and far between. I'm willing to bet never on a 5-0 team.
you do realize that we are 3 plays from being 2-3

chris98251

Reaction score
jon70":2c6uvtpj said:
getnasty":2c6uvtpj said:
Seanhawk":2c6uvtpj said:
hawks85":2c6uvtpj said:

But we are not, and nobody is going to remember that a year from now.

getnasty

Reaction score
jon70":hout2zg3 said:
getnasty":hout2zg3 said:
Seanhawk":hout2zg3 said:
hawks85":hout2zg3 said:

Yeah and Falcons are 4 plays from being 4-1

Seanhawk

Reaction score
jon70":1kzjbf0o said:
getnasty":1kzjbf0o said:
Seanhawk":1kzjbf0o said:
hawks85":1kzjbf0o said:

You do realize that even if we were 2-3, Pete still wouldn't do it?

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3feuiscu said:
jon70":3feuiscu said:
getnasty":3feuiscu said:
Seanhawk":3feuiscu said:

You do realize that even if we were 2-3, Pete still wouldn't do it?

Pete wouldn't do it if we were 0-5. If a player was performing at a similar level they would very likely be on the bench or released by now though.

hawks85

Reaction score
Seanhawk":djs73xjs said:
hawks85":djs73xjs said:
Seanhawk":djs73xjs said:
hawks85":djs73xjs said:

I understand this, and I know. We will not be advancing deep into the playoffs or be winning a SB with Norton as DC, and I hope Pete understands that, it just wont happen, and no one will convince me otherwise. This D is so tremendously bad. Why Pete is hanging on to Norton is beyond me...Oh wait I know because they are buddies. Norton as DC is equal to Tom Cable as the O-line coach.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
hawks85":2uwl9rag said:
Seanhawk":2uwl9rag said:
hawks85":2uwl9rag said:
Seanhawk":2uwl9rag said:

I understand this, and I know. We will not be advancing deep into the playoffs or be winning a SB with Norton as DC, and I hope Pete understands that, it just wont happen, and no one will convince me otherwise. This D is so tremendously bad. Why Pete is hanging on to Norton is beyond me...Oh wait I know because they are buddies. Norton as DC is equal to Tom Cable as the O-line coach.

Very true but they did advance to the SB twice and win one with Tom Cable as the O-line coach. So saying that they couldn't do it with Norton isn't correct is it?

Pete runs the defense. He has since he arrived in 2010. If you want a change, then you should be asking for Pete to be fired. Most of us know that isn't the correct solution.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
hawkfan68":d7n82ms6 said:
hawks85":d7n82ms6 said:
Seanhawk":d7n82ms6 said:
hawks85":d7n82ms6 said:

Very true but they did advance to the SB twice and win one with Tom Cable as the O-line coach. So saying that they couldn't do it with Norton isn't correct is it?

Pete runs the defense. He has since he arrived in 2010. If you want a change, then you should be asking for Pete to be fired. We all know that isn't the correct solution.

Agree to disagree.