Rams only 3 1/2 point favorites over Niners

Threedee

Reaction score
I guess they no love Goff. Also, they are anticipating either a healthier Jimmy G or CJ to play the entire game. If they are correct in their thinking, it means the Niner offense will stay on the field longer, giving the Rams fewer scoring opportunities than the Dolphins had.

chris98251

Reaction score
Point spreads mean nothing in rivalry's and this one is a Nasty one going back decades.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The Rams are going to rip the Niners' spine back through their throat, tearing the head off and then kick it through the uprights as a unit with blood splattering all over the empty seats.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Niners beat the Rams last year with a pass rush that could get there with 4 and some pretty good corners.

No Bosa. No Ford. No Sherman.

Rams will roll. Niners got no way to stop them.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Rams 4 wins have been against the NFC East. I think, at best, they're still a mystery.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3nig3gz9 said:
Rams 4 wins have been against the NFC East. I think, at best, they're still a mystery.

Yup. Not to inflate Seattle's slate, but I'd say both beating the Cowboys is a wash, beating Atlanta is equal to beating either Washington or New York, and beating New England, Miami, and Minnesota is worth more to hang your hat on than Philly. They have guts for coming back on Buffalo, but even that look suspect tonight.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Can't wait! On the surface, I think that's a fair point spread, rivalry game, division foes, etc.

However, If the Niners secondary is as banged up as everyone is saying, and missing top pass rushers, then I don't see how Niners D can slow down the the Rams offense. Rams by 2 TDs. Or more.

Only way Niners have a chance is to steal a page from the Pete Ball book, run, run, run over the Rams, and get a couple turnovers that get converted into TDs. Stranger things have happened.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
With all the injuries and how pretty boy looked, this is gonna' be a blowout. And it's NOT because the Rams are some great team. It's because the Niners are a shell of last year's team. At some point, injuries flat out are the reason you lose.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":2swwrsu1 said:
Niners beat the Rams last year with a pass rush that could get there with 4 and some pretty good corners.

No Bosa. No Ford. No Sherman.

Rams will roll. Niners got no way to stop them.

Oh no, no no no. Not buying it.

We're 0-3 against Jimmy G, so if he's playing, I'm going into it thinking loss. Even though it's in California, it's also our 4th road game in five weeks, with the other three being on the East coast. We did come out flat against Buffalo, so hopefully that's out of their system - but 4 road games in 5 weeks is tough.

I also think after beating down Washington that the team didn't take the Giants seriously, which is sketchy to me because after last year, the Rams should be out to prove themselves every week.

What's the status of Jimmy and Sherman for this week?

For the Rams we'll be missing rookie safety Jordan Fuller - shockingly has been a day one starter and has made a serious impact on D (he was a sixth round pick), and possibly ILB Micah Kiser - but neither are really key players.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
As for the spread, it might go up - but before the SF/Miami game, it was Niners by 3. I've never seen a point spread flip 6.5 points that fast - by the time the game was over, it was Rams by 3.5

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":gpyma0rz said:
What's the status of Jimmy and Sherman for this week?

Last I heard they are somewhat hopeful about JimmyG but expect Sherm to sit another week due to a setback on the calf.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
olyfan63":7gq0swqc said:
Can't wait! On the surface, I think that's a fair point spread, rivalry game, division foes, etc.

However, If the Niners secondary is as banged up as everyone is saying, and missing top pass rushers, then I don't see how Niners D can slow down the the Rams offense. Rams by 2 TDs. Or more.

Only way Niners have a chance is to steal a page from the Pete Ball book, run, run, run over the Rams, and get a couple turnovers that get converted into TDs. Stranger things have happened.

I don't think anyone knows how good the Rams really are though.

I think thats why the spread is what it is. Vegas knows the 9ers are poor. The Rams are still a mystery. They've coasted to 4 wins against mediocre teams.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2xyzgvga said:
olyfan63":2xyzgvga said:

I don't think anyone knows how good the Rams really are though.

I think thats why the spread is what it is. Vegas knows the 9ers are poor. The Rams are still a mystery. They've coasted to 4 wins against mediocre teams.

Well, Rams did start with the NFC East as 4 outa 5 games, and have been to the East coast for three 10 am starts.

I’ll expect all your NFCE wins to be considered coasting then too.