Le'Veon Bell released by the Jets.

Threedee

Reaction score
Le'Veon needs a talented OLine to be successful. Seattle would not be a good fit for him.

James in PA

Reaction score
I bet he returns to the Stealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
James in PA":2dknu626 said:
I bet he returns to the Stealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see the Browns grab him. League's #1 rushing attack, they're down Nick Chubb, and they play the Steelers on Sunday. Perfect chance for his revenge.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
That dude has been playing all pissed off for like five years. Not that I feel bad for the Steelers, but having both this dude and Brown on the roster and not being able to keep them because they're total problems probably really sucks as a fan.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Bell isn't perfect but I would say a major issue is also Gase is a crappy coach. He didn't like Bell from the start and it was clear that he wanted little to do with him and in scheme.

I don't think Bell is a great person, but Gase is just as petty and self-centered. Having those two together, and one is suppose to be the coach, then it was never going to work out.

Honestly I think Bell should get snagged by Washington. Rivera is the type of personality I think can handle Bell far better and Bell can fill that role that Christian McCaffrey does in Carolina, something Rivera is familiar with.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Surprised that the Chiefs added him. He wants to be the featured back in the offense and the Chiefs have Clyde Edwards-Helaire. However this gives him a great chance to get a SB ring.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'd say Jets are in active "tank for Trevor" mode...whether they wished to be or not. Look at their schedule.

I see 0-16 as a definite possibility for them.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Why the HELL did the Chiefs pick him up?? They have a good young running back. Bell is over-paid, selfish, over the hill, and he's locker room poison.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
TypeSly":1b18b2tm said:
Why the HELL did the Chiefs pick him up?? They have a good young running back.
Can never have too much talent. It's more weapons for Mahomes, why scoff at that?

Bell is over-paid
The Jets are paying for the remaining $6 million on Bell's 2020 base pay. Chiefs signed him for a 1 year $1 million deal. If they want him long term they can negotiate a new, team friendly deal or cut him loose after the season. A talented rental, at a low cost, for a chance at another ring.

Maybe so, but so are bunch of other megastar players. If Antonio Brown wasn't a total nutcase and was just merely selfish he'd have a job right now.

over the hill
He's 28. I wouldn't say that's over the hill. He was underutilized with the Jets. Gase actively didn't want him on the team and is by far one of the worst coaches in the league.

and he's locker room poison
Once again, perhaps true, but I Gase was a terrible coach and didn't want and couldn't handle Bell, maybe Reid can get more out of him.

Threedee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":llvn1dy7 said:
Surprised that the Chiefs added him. He wants to be the featured back in the offense and the Chiefs have Clyde Edwards-Helaire. However this gives him a great chance to get a SB ring.

Sounds Helaireous!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Threedee":17n6qrns said:
hawkfan68":17n6qrns said:

Sounds Helaireous!

:34853_doh:

TypeSly

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":3ktunuhp said:
TypeSly":3ktunuhp said:
Why the HELL did the Chiefs pick him up?? They have a good young running back.
Can never have too much talent. It's more weapons for Mahomes, why scoff at that?

Bell is over-paid
The Jets are paying for the remaining $6 million on Bell's 2020 base pay. Chiefs signed him for a 1 year $1 million deal. If they want him long term they can negotiate a new, team friendly deal or cut him loose after the season. A talented rental, at a low cost, for a chance at another ring.

Maybe so, but so are bunch of other megastar players. If Antonio Brown wasn't a total nutcase and was just merely selfish he'd have a job right now.

over the hill
He's 28. I wouldn't say that's over the hill. He was underutilized with the Jets. Gase actively didn't want him on the team and is by far one of the worst coaches in the league.

and he's locker room poison
Once again, perhaps true, but I Gase was a terrible coach and didn't want and couldn't handle Bell, maybe Reid can get more out of him.

Fair enough, some good points there, especially that the Jets are paying 6M of his salary.

This doesn't do a lot for Edwards-Helaire's development and confidence.

His play for the Jets certainly indicates that he's over the hill, considering how many touches he's had with Pittsburgh before he arrived... and averaging 3.3 yards a carry in a full season and a half. I think that's the lowest average out of all the Jet's RB's.

He complains about calls, coaches, and teammates. I just don't see why a championship team that's 4-1 (before even hitting their stride) would want him in their locker room.

Let me ask you this. Would you want him as a Seahawk? I certainly wouldn't.

chris98251

Reaction score
Lets take a look at what has derailed our runs, All our RB's injured, not once but three years we have had RB's injured before the push, getting a top end back that can help you repeat and correct me if I am wrong but the Chiefs are dinged up at RB. A rookie had not handled a load of 16 games before either and his legs will fade by seasons end, this helps keep him fresh as well.