Fitzmagic benched, Tua takes over

HagFaithful

Reaction score
I think this was a mistake. Fitz is coming off a 2 game win streak. Let the man play himself out of a job.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
I have to wonder if this was the plan all along. Get to the bye and let the rookie take over. I totally agree with you that this is a mistake. Fitz is having a good year and has them in playoff contention/division champs. Odd move...

He seems ok with it. I like the dude and how he approaches stuff.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Cyrus12":esskcka9 said:
if cleveland is smart they trade for fitz.

If the jets have any hope of going less than 0-16, they trade for fitzmagic right now.

Although I'm starting to think that is the Jets' plan. How can they be this bad unless it's trying to tank for Trevor?

chris98251

Reaction score
When was the Dolphins a real contender last, reasons like this. Fitz isn't a Franchise guy, but he has a lot to offer as a mentor to finish off a season that didn't allow for a lot of on field practice, and a player that had a significant injury to fully get well and get fresh.

Threedee

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3r2fholc said:
Cyrus12":3r2fholc said:
if cleveland is smart they trade for fitz.

If the jets have any hope of going less than 0-16, they trade for fitzmagic right now.

Although I'm starting to think that is the Jets' plan. How can they be this bad unless it's trying to tank for Trevor?

If they have to grab another QB, it just means their 2021 season will be another disaster.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I agree Cleveland has so much talent. Mayfield isn't any better than Darnell, just on a better team. Fitz could do wonders with OBJ and crew

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Ek0nFn7W0AEGbKy

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I get that there's a bye week, but coming off that they'll be playing the Rams. Our D is 4th in yards and 4th in points.

Meanwhile they just played the Jets, who they could have beaten with anyone at QB. Why not start him last week if you were going to do this??

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
They blindsided Fitz. Which sucks, because he delivered for them.

Should have at least found a landing place for him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt. He handled it with class, but was real honest about being crushed. I don't blame him one bit.
He said that he knew at some point it would happen because of where Tua was drafted etc.
But the way they did it was pretty weak imo.

chris98251

Reaction score
Problem is unlike us they invested in a 1st round pick as QB and feel compelled to throw him in, taking a lesson from the Packers with Rodgers and letting him learn is lost these days or having a player like Wilson prove they are head and shoulders above the rest of the competition through proof of play.

Hubert in SD shows what a outlier can do, but seems like every team wants to push that kind of result whether the player is ready or not.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tua sitting for a while isn't a bad thing - especially behind Fitz, one of the best quarterbacks for him to learn from. Tua has the same weaker-than-average arm that Fitz has played with and learned to be successful with, and is a very good protege for Fitz to be able to impart directly relevant and actionable advice to.

Gotta feel for Ryan. The Dolphins were so, so enjoyable to watch with him starting and having them playing very competitively. I absolutely hate the timing for him.

I'd love to see him come back up Russ for a couple of seasons. Amazing locker room guy.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2ep5zwiw said:
They blindsided Fitz. Which sucks, because he delivered for them.

Should have at least found a landing place for him.

Read his comments about him being just heart broken about it.. Fitz that is.. Shame.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3lgpn082 said:
I get that there's a bye week, but coming off that they'll be playing the Rams. Our D is 4th in yards and 4th in points.

Meanwhile they just played the Jets, who they could have beaten with anyone at QB. Why not start him last week if you were going to do this??

4th in yards and 4th in points.

Against the mighty hoards of the NFC East.

While you couldn't do jack in the first half against a gimpy Jimmy G.

Sit down before you strain your brain.

Fade

Reaction score
The Dolphins brain trust decided a long time ago they were going to Tua once they hit the bye.

I find it funny as hell that Fitzpatrick is shocked by this. Calling it "his team." :D Dude, you were told from the start you were just keeping the seat warm for Tua until he was ready.

Delusional. :lol: