So, Marv....

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
cmon man, they lost and marv's been a good sport about things for like a decade here...why rub salt into the wound when it is done

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":25y4sbly said:
SantaClaraHawk":25y4sbly said:
cmon man, they lost and marv's been a good sport about things for like a decade here...why rub salt into the wound when it is done

What part of my post is rubbing it in?

of course dk helped win the game for us along with his yac. it's like asking us about kittle if that game had gone the other way, which it didn't.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":6x2d02nf said:

Giphy

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":3lxduykq said:

So marv knows what to expect and how to handle it.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1a70qy2f said:
Maulbert":1a70qy2f said:
SantaClaraHawk":1a70qy2f said:

of course dk helped win the game for us along with his yac. it's like asking us about kittle if that game had gone the other way, which it didn't.

He has consistently criticized DK's ability after the catch this year. It's big boy time, he needs to man up and doesn't need anyone pitying him.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":1cnoeq1a said:
SantaClaraHawk":1cnoeq1a said:
Maulbert":1cnoeq1a said:
SantaClaraHawk":1cnoeq1a said:

He has consistently criticized DK's ability after the catch this year. It's big boy time, he needs to man up and doesn't need anyone pitying him.

...uh....I think "constantly" is pushing it a bit. LOL. In fact, the entire point of my much maligned post was that I thought he was a perfect fit for Wilsons deep ball throwing, which is something I clearly still believe. I was making a scheme fit argument but made the error of not thinking a player on the Seahawks was simply superman. LOL.

I have already said tho that I've been impressed with DK this year. He's been better after the catch than I had previously seen.

He's been very, very good.

NINEster

Reaction score
Nothing is static in this league.

Metcalf last year isn't who he is this year. That first TD was TO-esque...

Wilson 2-3 years ago isn't who he is this year. 49ers could have won yesterday going against the 2017 Wilson, not the 2020 Wilson.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":1t7zes59 said:
Maulbert":1t7zes59 said:
SantaClaraHawk":1t7zes59 said:
Maulbert":1t7zes59 said:

...uh....I think "constantly" is pushing it a bit. LOL. In fact, the entire point of my much maligned post was that I thought he was a perfect fit for Wilsons deep ball throwing, which is something I clearly still believe. I was making a scheme fit argument but made the error of not thinking a player on the Seahawks was simply superman. LOL.

I have already said tho that I've been impressed with DK this year. He's been better after the catch than I had previously seen.

He's been very, very good.

To be fair, Marv.. I don't think anyone expected DK to be what he was last night. And a great deep ball cover prevented him from getting that one deep ball throw to add to his night.

Was a crazy game for him.

94Smith

Reaction score
I still think Lockett is just good with an elite QB . DK is great though. So much speed in a large body

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Lockett is the biggest loser in the DK acquisition, no question. He is no longer Wilson's security blanket. Thankfully, we are in an otherworldly year for Russ, and so Loackett's stats won't show the drop off.

I sure wish we could keep both players, but I fear it will be unaffordable. It will be a lot of fun while DK is on his rookie contract.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":vzj4bnvq said:
94Smith":vzj4bnvq said:
I still think Lockett is just good with an elite QB . DK is great though. So much speed in a large body

I'd take Lockett over any of your scrubs.

lol...

(Interior monolog): "Don't take the bait Marv, don't take the bait." :lol:

94Smith

Reaction score
Maulbert":32gwqilo said:
94Smith":32gwqilo said:

Would you take Lockette over Deebo?

94Smith

Reaction score
If DK is Julio, Lockette is Roddy White

Uncle Si

Reaction score
94Smith":24z00kqc said:
Maulbert":24z00kqc said:
94Smith":24z00kqc said:

100%

Marvin49

Reaction score
Uncle Si":15s0243q said:
94Smith":15s0243q said:
Maulbert":15s0243q said:
94Smith":15s0243q said:

100%

So...at risk of opening Pandoras box again, this was my entire point RE DK from the start.

If I were a Seattle fan I'd probably rather have Lockette as well, especially considering how efficient Wilson is when throwing his way.

Its a different offense tho and a very different skillset at QB. I love Deebo. Getting there with Aiyuk too.

...but its just a different scheme.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Marvin49":2i43xb5k said:
Uncle Si":2i43xb5k said:
94Smith":2i43xb5k said:
Maulbert":2i43xb5k said:

100%

So...at risk of opening Pandoras box again, this was my entire point RE DK from the start.

If I were a Seattle fan I'd probably rather have Lockette as well, especially considering how efficient Wilson is when throwing his way.

Its a different offense tho and a very different skillset at QB. I love Deebo. Getting there with Aiyuk too.

First things first, as Russell Wilson says, "No-E!" It's Lockett, not Lockette.
Would people notice if I called RW Russell Willson? (Luke Willson's spelling, recently cut)

Niners have brought in some nice WR talent that fits their offense. I definitely have Deebo envy; he's destroyed us on those WR jet sweeps or whatever that play is that always gets 15-20. He is a former RB, so makes sense. Our David Moore is like a homeless man's Deebo.

That Brandon Aiyuk rookie looks like a Deebo-lite, may wind up being as good or better. Another great YAC guy. Hope they're both on IR with a really bad hangnail when we play again.

Tyler Lockett is simply awesome with Russell Wilson. With Jimmy G, or really anyone other than Mahomes or DeShaun Watson, Lockett wouldn't pop as much. Wilson + Lockett are just a special combo. It's not a meaningful comparison to put Lockett with Jimmy G or Deebo with Wilson. Both would do well, Deebo and Wilson would excel, but not have the Vulcan mind-meld that Lockett and Wilson have. I have no idea how Lockett does the things he does, but he keeps doing them, so I simply enjoy as a fan getting to see the Great Tyler Lockett work his magic with Wilson.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Marvin49":23oeoloc said:
Uncle Si":23oeoloc said:
94Smith":23oeoloc said:
Maulbert":23oeoloc said:

100%

I see where you're going with this.. but what the Seattle's wideours are showing is that each can do different things.. and thats a huge compliment to DKs growth.

Both can get you ten yards in 4 different ways. They're both tremendously dangerous running deep patterns. Their yards after catch is equally impressive.

So I don't know about the scheme. I just know Lockett is a very gifted and effective Wipeout. With DKs growth, his numbers may drop from game to game. But his effectiveness and importance won't.

Latest posts