Rams/ Fins game

Upwurdz

Reaction score
Welcome Hawk fans, and my other Rams brethren on this board. First time post. Man, talk about a tough loss for us Ram fans. Looking at the stats, it boggles my mind how we lost by 11 points. McVay and Goff have a lot of soul searching to do before the Hawks game in two weeks, much less the rest of the year. Will say that our defense is really coming on strong. Have only allowed 26 points in total in the second half of games this season so far.

Question for Hawk fans: have the Seahawks ever, in the Wilson era, lost a game where they outplayed the other team in nearly every category? I left out the Hasselback era because... well, Russell Wilson sorta erases any pain from previous regimes lol

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Yes. It has happened more than once.

We have also had more than our fair share of being outplayed, only to have Wilson work his magic to pull a win out of the hat.

cymatica

Reaction score
The AZ game last week. Seatle owned every stat except penalties and turnovers.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I'd say almost every game against the Rams in the Fisher era...

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1vooayc1 said:

Funny you say this because as I was watching that game, this came to mind - it very much reminded me of a Rams/Seahawks game under Fisher

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2cqux3lr said:
Uncle Si":2cqux3lr said:

Funny you say this because as I was watching that game, this came to mind - it very much reminded me of a Rams/Seahawks game under Fisher

That jamoke and his damned fake punts.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The road loss to the 49ers a couple years ago would be one. Shanahan's first season IIRC. Seattle played more than well enough to win, but had some bad breaks and tough calls. Credit the Niners too, they played their asses off.

This game:
Gould's FG in OT helps 49ers snap 10-game skid vs. Seahawks
https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=401030950

That game was one that struck me as one where we outplayed the opponent but got a "managed outcome" from the NFL. Or, more accurately, we weren't good enough when it mattered to overcome the NFL outcome management protocol. I'm sure I'm delusional on that one and a couple Niner fans can share their POV on that game. Niners did play hard and really wanted it.

"The Seahawks committed three personal fouls on one drive in the third quarter to help the 49ers move the ball into the red zone."

"James took a kickoff back 97 yards for a touchdown in the first quarter for San Francisco's first return touchdown on a kick or punt since Ted Ginn Jr. did it in the 2011 opener against the Seahawks. Seattle's 40-year-old kicker Sebastian Janikowski made only a half-hearted effort at a tackle as the last line of defense on the play.

It was a rough sequence for Janikowski, who also missed the extra point before the kickoff."

"Wilson was unable to generate any points on his final three drives, leading to the loss."