Kittle and Jimmy G are out....for awhile.

TypeSly

Reaction score
For the Niners, that's good and bad news.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Injuries suck. Kittle out likely puts a final nail in their seasonal coffin.
Mullen is a better QB IMHO than Jimmy Glass.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
That's why you don't rush high ankle sprains and groin injuries back onto the field.

Unless him going out for the season is one of those things that doesn't actually make them unhappy. :twisted:

Marvin49

Reaction score
potatohead33":2talzhwi said:
They also traded Kwon Alexander for Kiko Alonso

...and a possible 5th round pick, but its really about next years cap $$$$ and Dre Greenlaws performance on the field.

This was like an NBA "expiring contract" deal. Kiko may never play a down.

Meanwhile the Saints are like 100 mil over next years projected cap. Talk about "all in". LOL.

94Smith

Reaction score
Jimmy's ankle has been bothering him this whole time. There have been no bootlegs called and he has been reluctant to pull the trigger under pressure. Also not calling any down field throws. I don't think Mullens is a better QB overall, but he is a better QB right now. 49ers will likely be set up to draft a QB and will probably move on in the offseason.

Worst case scenario: Mullens plays pretty good and they pay him

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
94Smith":1rvbt1s1 said:
Jimmy's ankle has been bothering him this whole time. There have been no bootlegs called and he has been reluctant to pull the trigger under pressure. Also not calling any down field throws. I don't think Mullens is a better QB overall, but he is a better QB right now. 49ers will likely be set up to draft a QB and will probably move on in the offseason.

Worst case scenario: Mullens plays pretty good and they pay him

When the Niners played the Rams on SNF, Al Michaels made the point that Garoppolo was unable to set his right foot before throwing the week earlier against Miami (which, uncoincidentally, was probably his worst start ever), leading to a complete lack of power behind his throws. Against the Rams, Michaels thought he was better, however, it was pretty obvious the 49ers gameplan was screen passes to protect him. The first time he threw a duck against us on Sunday, they replayed the play from behind the offense, and you could clearly see Jimmy G's right leg pulling up when he threw, just like it did against Miami. The second I saw that, I knew he was still playing hurt.

94Smith

Reaction score
If you look at this offense pre Jimmy ACL and ankle, there would be a lot of play action boots with Kittle or Juice in the flat and an option to throw to a WR deeper. I can't remember the last time this was called? The offensive line is having trouble with blitz pressure up the middle, seems like it would be a good option with a healthy QB. I don't think Mullens is mobile enough for it.

Real frustrating season as a niners fan.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah you could see he was playing thru the pain. Shoot, I wanted him to stay in the game for obvious reasons.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
94Smith said:
If you look at this offense pre Jimmy ACL and ankle, there would be a lot of play action boots with Kittle or Juice in the flat and an option to throw to a WR deeper. I can't remember the last time this was called? The offensive line is having trouble with blitz pressure up the middle, seems like it would be a good option with a healthy QB. I don't think Mullens is mobile enough for it.

.[/qReal frustrating season as a niners fanuote]
I hear you and know the feeling ..That year we lost Kam,Avril
and then Earl.
On the offensive side all of our RB's and there was more but
my memory has blocked that year out pretty much.
But on this board the fans know we have been snake bit
on injuries it seems like for years.
This year is kind of the same but not in some ways,
We can't see some of the younger ones yet.
Penny is like some wildcard guess..Strange year man.

NINEster

Reaction score
94Smith":gfqs6n9k said:

If Jimmy plays for the 49ers again, I think he should ditch the knee brace and go all in with what made him special early on with the team.

If that happens to be August/September 2021, then by all means, 3 years removed from the injury and I don't think high ankle sprains matter once fully healed.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Jimmy G has a measly 2.5M in dead cap as of next year. Kyle notably didn't say anything like "Jimmy G is our leader" in the presser today.

I believe Kyle has mentally moved on to thinking about a more mobile quarterback.

OP
OP
Maulbert

Maulbert

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":uzyijjea said:
Jimmy G has a measly 2.5M in dead cap as of next year. Kyle notably didn't say anything like "Jimmy G is our leader" in the presser today.

I believe Kyle has mentally moved on to thinking about a more mobile quarterback.

I expect the Niners are already looking to the draft. They won't get Trevor Lawrence, but there's definitely other good potential out there. Plus, if the Jets do grab Lawrence, Darnold will be available on the cheap and is still a potentially great QB if that moron Gase doesn't completely destroy him.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
NINEster":1sfs8ivb said:
94Smith":1sfs8ivb said:

If Jimmy plays for the 49ers again, I think he should ditch the knee brace and go all in with what made him special early on with the team.

If that happens to be August/September 2021, then by all means, 3 years removed from the injury and I don't think high ankle sprains matter once fully healed.
Ambitious use of the word special. Hes garbage, I hope the whiners keep him forever and pay him loads.