J.J. Watt on future in Houston: 'I'm not looking to rebuild'

ivotuk

Reaction score

Published: Nov 05, 2020 at 07:34 AM Kevin Patra

Watt was asked Wednesday if he believes he'll finish his career in Houston.

"I don't think it's any secret that I don't have 10 years left in this league," Watt said, via Sarah Barshop of ESPN. "I personally believe that I do have a few more great ones left in me. But you also can't ... I'm not looking to rebuild. I'm looking to go after a championship, and that's what I want to do. So, whatever is in the best interest of the Houston Texans, that's in the best interest of myself."

https://www.nfl.com/news/j-j-watt-on-fu ... to-rebuild

Maulbert

Reaction score
ivotuk":2nd3hdx7 said:

Published: Nov 05, 2020 at 07:34 AM Kevin Patra

Watt was asked Wednesday if he believes he'll finish his career in Houston.

"I don't think it's any secret that I don't have 10 years left in this league," Watt said, via Sarah Barshop of ESPN. "I personally believe that I do have a few more great ones left in me. But you also can't ... I'm not looking to rebuild. I'm looking to go after a championship, and that's what I want to do. So, whatever is in the best interest of the Houston Texans, that's in the best interest of myself."

https://www.nfl.com/news/j-j-watt-on-fu ... to-rebuild

I just hope he doesn't go join his brother in Pissburgh.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
I don't blame his frustration. Whenever Houston is on the cusp of being a good team, it fails. He's an incredible talent, one of the best, and constantly working/being apart of a disappointing franchise is not where he wants to keep sacrificing his body. With O'Brien blowing up the team and now it looks like it's gonna have to rebuilt, yeah, if I was him I'd want out.