omg brees. it's time

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Drew Brees had X-rays, CAT scans and saw doctors every other day this week. They confirmed eight rib fractures on his left side and three on the right, the Saints quarterback told Ed Werder of ESPN on Saturday night.

(Humans have 12 ribs on the right side and 12 on the left, in case you were wondering.)

Testing performed Monday revealed five rib fractures, though it was known he could have “even more.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -function/

And he has a collapsed lung on top of this...how much money does someone need. You got your yellow jacket. Coach your hs son, or maybe your daughter....or a whole nfl team.

Just so sad.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think he has hinted before the season started that this
was his last year,one way or the other something happens
that shows the QB it is over.
TBH he has been done for awhile but the soft era and rules
have kept him going and same for Brady..Back in the day
they would have retired 5 years ago easily.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":191kwt99 said:
I think he has hinted before the season started that this
was his last year,one way or the other something happens
that shows the QB it is over.
TBH he has been done for awhile but the soft era and rules
have kept him going and same for Brady..Back in the day
they would have retired 5 years ago easily.

Back in the day they would have been in a Wheel Chair trying to play this long.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maybe Brees wants to play for more than the money at this point.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2pizkwkf said:
Maybe Brees wants to play for more than the money at this point.

He probably did. But man. I had the 49ers game on in market and saw Street's hit on him, which the news later said caused a rib to puncture his lung. (Street also got a roughing call and based on the slow replay I don't see how it's illegal.)

I'm surprised he was able to walk off as that'd happened. He's almost like a man of steel...but he's not, just made of flesh like any other mere mortal.

[youtube]WS2g-oUT2NM[/youtube]

El Caliente

Reaction score
Losing Brees hurts us, and we will forever be thankful for what he has done for our franchise, but now that Taysom is here (and showing out) many of us feel comfortable. Who knows what the future holds, but we will face it with Taysom.

Threedee

Reaction score
I've been rooting for Brees to hang on just long enough to retire when Brady does, so as to maintain his lead in passing records.

chris98251

Reaction score
12 broken Ribs and punctured lung, he will be back, no player wants to leave the game on a stretcher so to speak.

One he is that competitive, two he doesn't want that highlight to be the exclamation mark on his career, and above all he will want to leave on his terms, Much like Alex Smith, you never want to be retired by someone else or an injury.

xray

Reaction score
Remembering back when Bledsoe went down and Brady took over and never looked back . This looks similar to me . IMO

Threedee

Reaction score
xray":2icdtovz said:
Remembering back when Bledsoe went down and Brady took over and never looked back . This looks similar to me . IMO

Given his athleticism, if Hill develops into a solid passer with strong pocket presence, there wouldn't be much that could stop him aside from injury.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Threedee":1ursycz9 said:
xray":1ursycz9 said:

Given his athleticism, if Hill develops into a solid passer with strong pocket presence, there wouldn't be much that could stop him aside from injury.

Taysom Hill is 30..

That shocked me when I heard it yesterday.

Vesuve

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1jb51qjw said:
Drew Brees had X-rays, CAT scans and saw doctors every other day this week. They confirmed eight rib fractures on his left side and three on the right, the Saints quarterback told Ed Werder of ESPN on Saturday night.

(Humans have 12 ribs on the right side and 12 on the left, in case you were wondering.)

Testing performed Monday revealed five rib fractures, though it was known he could have “even more.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... -function/

And he has a collapsed lung on top of this...how much money does someone need. You got your yellow jacket. Coach your hs son, or maybe your daughter....or a whole nfl team.

Just so sad.

IMO, it's not about the money.

Hasn't been for many years with Brees.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Agreed about it not being about the money. Drew wouldn’t play for $12/hr, but I imagine he would sign a cheap contract if it would ensure that he can keep his records over Brady. That man is playing for pride and love of the game. It’s funny how folks were calling him washed earlier this year, and all he was doing was playing accurate football and taking what the defenses would give him. One “analyst” even commented that he isn’t elite because all he does is throw accurate passes. :roll:

As for Taysom, he is 30, but it’s a young 30. He has had so many surgeries, and practiced with red jerseys on for so long, he literally has only absorbed contact during games. I looked up a guy who had success later in life as well, Rich Gannon. He didn’t hit his prime until he was 32, and sustained success until he was 39 (winning League MVP, and making a few All Pro and Pro Bowl honors along the way). I don’t think it’s too late for Taysom to hit his peak, and he is healthy enough to sustain it for a long period of time if he plays smart.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I wrote a post about Hill last year. Always admired that guy for his versatility and thought he could actually play more than the gimmick plays if given the chance.

We all know Atlanta is ass, but they are still a professional football team and 9-24 was impressive. He keeps that up for at least three games, it's not like Saints will be hurrying Brees back any more than they did with the thumb if that happens--clearly they trusted Hill more than Winston who was a starter just last year.

Threedee

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2up7h9mp said:
Threedee":2up7h9mp said:
xray":2up7h9mp said:

Taysom Hill is 30..

That shocked me when I heard it yesterday.

Weird. I know his time at BYU was prolonged due to constant injury, but, it feels like he only just arrived in the NFL.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
El Caliente":3urw165v said:
The Packers decided to keep Joe Callahan over Taysom.

Truly their loss. I'm looking at your schedule and pretty much every team looks beatable with Hill except for the Chiefs, so maybe then they bring Winston in to throw and Hill doing his 2019 gimmick plays...but Hill wins out on the rest and you guys have got yourself a Bridgewater there. Truly not the worst problem you could have. Good luck in the playoffs man.