Lamar JacKson hype train

Vesuve

Reaction score
Cyrus12":33rxs04u said:
about as gimmicky as it gets...his wrs must hate it there.
Adaptations have been made on D also.

Threedee

Reaction score
I'm hopeful that the Lamar train will come to life next weekend when he goes against the Steelers. Time for John Harbaugh to show that he is better than Mike Tomlin.

sutz

Reaction score
Anybody who watched Thrusday night saw the blueprint on how to handle a mobile QB. Hell, it's what teams have done against Russ for several years now. Our advantage has been that when all of our team is healthy, Russ can win games with a more conventional game plan that doesn't depend just on his magic.

:229031_shrug:

Marvin49

Reaction score
I've been saying this for almost 3 years now.

It's the same damn offense the 49ers ran in 2012. It even the same OC, Greg Roman. Its all about every run scheme known to man and making the TE the focal point of the offense. Lamar is better than Kap, but the offense masks the same deficiencies. That offense works for awhile and had they stuck with it full time perhaps Kap would have had a different career, but in the end it isn't sustainable. They tried to make Kap a pocket passer and that was his downfall.

Its the same with Lamar. Tremendous pure ability, but eventually he won't be the magician on his feet he has been because he'll take too many hits and he'll have to play from the pocket and get exposed.

Its like every few years some team does this and they treat it as if its a new wave offense. Its not.

Marvin49

Reaction score
sutz":1cs66fcd said:
Anybody who watched Thrusday night saw the blueprint on how to handle a mobile QB. Hell, it's what teams have done against Russ for several years now. Our advantage has been that when all of our team is healthy, Russ can win games with a more conventional game plan that doesn't depend just on his magic.

:229031_shrug:

That's exactly right. Early on, Seattle used a number of the same concepts the Ravens do (as did Washington with RGIII), but Wilson is a FAR better pocket passer than Lamar ever will be.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Ha just realized that this is a safe place to say this: he's not and probably never will be a good passer. The running thing was only going to work with an elite OL - he can't make up for any deficiencies the way Wilson or Mahomes can. Normally marginal players don't win MVPs, but that's exactly what I think happened last year.

Five years from now we will look back and be amazed that he won MVP. I don't think many QBs are worth the price tag, but he definitely won't be

rcaido

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2bcq7xfe said:
Ha just realized that this is a safe place to say this: he's not and probably never will be a good passer. The running thing was only going to work with an elite OL - he can't make up for any deficiencies the way Wilson or Mahomes can. Normally marginal players don't win MVPs, but that's exactly what I think happened last year.

Five years from now we will look back and be amazed that he won MVP. I don't think many QBs are worth the price tag, but he definitely won't be

Same for sCam Newton...Cant believe Russ lost to these two.

diver110

Reaction score
I think it is a matter of coaching and learn-time, but he is no Mahomes.