Sherm doesn't think he'll be back w/9ers for 2021

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
San Francisco cornerback Richard Sherman is set to become a free agent in March, and he thinks he’s unlikely to return to the 49ers.

Sherman said he would like to stay but thinks the numbers probably won’t work out with the 49ers, who will have a lot of free agents who will need to either be extended or replaced.

“I’ve enjoyed my time,” Sherman told NBCSportsBayArea.com. “I’ve loved every moment of it. And I wish we could continue it for a couple more years, but it’s not looking likely.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... s-in-2021/

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1tl68f3x said:
San Francisco cornerback Richard Sherman is set to become a free agent in March, and he thinks he’s unlikely to return to the 49ers.

Sherman said he would like to stay but thinks the numbers probably won’t work out with the 49ers, who will have a lot of free agents who will need to either be extended or replaced.

“I’ve enjoyed my time,” Sherman told NBCSportsBayArea.com. “I’ve loved every moment of it. And I wish we could continue it for a couple more years, but it’s not looking likely.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... s-in-2021/

Please, Sherm is simply setting the stage, he is a master of setting up situations, he is not leaving the west coast, he is not going to a loser, Seahawks won't spend that money, Raiders, Rams, are the only two teams on the West coast that have a shot if not the 49ers, and they would have to have the money and the need and want.

He will use everyone else of course as leverage, he was his own agent last time, be interesting to see if he does his on negotiations this time round or hires an agent.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
He loves Saleh. He turned down Patricia before the gig with the 49ers.

And he's right that he's most likely not returning to the 9ers. With Verrett/Moseley in the mix on that team, they're not esp inclined to see CB as a position of need. They got along for nine games without him after all.

If he wants to keep playing, my guess is we see him and family relocated--at least temporarily--to Franklin, MI or West Bloomfield or another such community by next year.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
diver110":2lnzya16 said:
Back to Seattle?

idk, same qb and same coach that he talked to sports illustrated to. 'Member how much that infuriated everyone?

He's probably past the stage that he cusses out qbs in practice anymore, but that's what they remember. Grudges die hard.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
If he chases another ring I would put money on Green Bay. :pukeface:
Just a hunch.

Threedee

Reaction score
diver110":tb5nelog said:
Back to Seattle?

I'd like to see him become a DB coach and work his way up to DC.

Not to say he'll transition next year rather than play another stint somewhere else.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Asked the Packer forum chat about him and they say they cant afford him. Would be nice but paychex matter.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":1ojvy0sg said:
Asked the Packer forum chat about him and they say they cant afford him. Would be nice but paychex matter.

The only teams willing to pay him what he'll ask for will be non-winning teams with a goal of becoming winners in 2021. Wherever Saleh goes is a strong possibility. If Saleh doesn't end up with say Chargers, that's a possibility that is more convenient for him as his family is still housed near Seattle.

getnasty

Reaction score
Sherm looked like a shell of his former self last night. I would be suprised if he sees a big paycheck again.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I figure he will try to get another team for a modest price so he can spread his brand around to another market. Yanno that is all some of them are about when they retire.