WFT@9ers, 23-17 and implications for the hawks

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Nick Mullens had two takeaways. At least. These are takeaways very similar to what Russ has given up.

That killed it for the 49ers, but even without the takeaways WFT would have won. That Washington D is for goddamn real. Chase Young running it back for the pick-6. Sweat pancaking Juice Check. That D reminds me of a mini-LOB.

I see the 9ers and the Hawks ol as more or less comparable. I don't see a clear plan here for the Hawks to get by WFT to be frank.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Watching Kyle's presser now. He just said flat out that Deebo Samuel "doesn't look good."

Super shaken about Mullens' turnovers. I wouldn't be surprised if they put in CJ for that game against Dallas hoping for a spark before they try to shoehorn JimmyG in there.

They fell to 5-8 and their only hope for the remaining season is being spoiler to the Seahawks. They will bring everything to do it. Hopefully it won't be enough.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
You have the 9er’s and Hawks as comparable? Care to elaborate

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":24c8n2nn said:

I was talking both sides O-line.

The 9ers have Trent Williams--a star--plus Tomlinson and Brunskill from LT to C. They are set there and I believe they miss Richburg (their starting center) relatively little. Their RG is Tom Compton, who I have never heard of, and McGlinchey who was a lot better last year than this.

However, they usually protect the QB pretty well. Kinda like our oline. But when you get monsters like Sweat and Young in there, well, a perfectly adequate oline fails.

Which we, now that I think about it, have potentially less of. LT is our monster, Duane. Iupati is old. Pocic is just ok. On the right Shell is a bright spot if he can maintain health. I don't even want to talk about Cedric so will assume max health.

That is a tall order going against Young and Sweat and Bostic. Def saw a lot of those guys in the in-market game. No idea how we're gonna stop those guys to be frank.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":dzde6xjs said:
Flyingsquad23":dzde6xjs said:

The 9ers have Trent Williams--a star--plus Tomlinson and Brunskill from LT to C. They are set there and I believe they miss Richburg (their starting center) relatively little. Their RG is Tom Compton, who I have never heard of, and McGlinchey who was a lot better last year than this.

However, they usually protect the QB pretty well. Kinda like our oline. But when you get monsters like Sweat and Young in there, well, a perfectly adequate oline fails.

Which we, now that I think about it, have potentially less of. LT is our monster, Duane. Iupati is old. Pocic is just ok. On the right Shell is a bright spot if he can maintain health. I don't even want to talk about Cedric so will assume max health.

That is a tall order going against Young and Sweat and Bostic. Def saw a lot of those guys in the in-market game. No idea how we're gonna stop those guys to be frank.

Same way we have lined up against the Rams in previous seasons, yes we have had issues with the Rams, but the Formerskins don't have the Rams offense to contend with also.

We have to play it like a playoff game and we will be competitive.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":tiapcsks said:
Flyingsquad23":tiapcsks said:

Just a note: Brunskil while decent, isn’t close to Richburg. In fact, Brunskil is no less than their 4th center, not 2nd. Depth Chart is Richburg, Garland, and then Grasu. All three of those guys are out.

Brunskil was decent as the 4th tackle last year and underperforming as a guard this year before moving to center.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Good points Marv. I knew about Grasu being out but on the 49ers postgame/the huddle/grant cohn/whatever, the focus seems to be on McGlinchey's regression.

The chatter now seems to be on whether to bring JimmyG and Kittle back for Week 16. What do you think?

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":28d7m47q said:
Good points Marv. I knew about Grasu being out but on the 49ers postgame/the huddle/grant cohn/whatever, the focus seems to be on McGlinchey's regression.

The chatter now seems to be on whether to bring JimmyG and Kittle back for Week 16. What do you think?

I don’t see a reason why bring them back. I’d like to say hey push for a playoff spot. But realistically we have Mostert, Debo out. Major online issues. Mullens throwing games away. I’d say end it and get Kittle back healthy next season. My opinion we have to many issues to realistically compete against better teams. It’s not like we can play the rams every week.