Why in Colorado I get Green Bay, but not the Hawks?

diver110

Reaction score
Does anyone know how they decide which football games will be shown where? I am in Denver now, and would have thought we would get NFC west coast teams. Of course, I would like to see the Hawks. No such luck. Usually we get Green Bay, a long way from Denver...

kidhawk

Reaction score
For Sunday games, each network (CBS and FOX) are given the ability to air a specific list of games each week. These games are pretty much decided before the season begins, but does get adjusted mid season so we can get more games with important outcomes on television. Once each network has their list of games to air, then each local affiliate tells the networks which game they'd prefer.

OP
OP
D

diver110

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Apparently someone here is in love with Green Bay.

KinesProf

Reaction score
The Seahawks were on CBS yesterday; Packers vs Lions I assume was on FOX. Just guessing, but CBS in Denver probably carried Colts v Raiders in that timeslot given Colorado's proximity to Nevada relative to Washington.

And if you did get Colts v Raiders it was an objectively better game than the Hawks game.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
While I agree w/kidhawk's explanation, there's a major exception.

That's local markets. They are protected by agreement.

For example, NYC is guaranteed Jets and Giants games. If the affiliates could opt out of say the Jets, they definitely would, but they can't.

It goes further than that sometimes. 506's map for 12/13 is still up and only Seattle got NO vs. Philly in the Fox late slot, whereas the rest of the WC down to socal got wft@49ers, which ran at the same time as the Seattle game.

Latest posts