Boomer's Fastest 3 Minutes

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I always look forward to halftime on MNF games simply because I miss Boomer and Jackson's NFL Primetime, recapping the week's games. It was a staple for me growing up. I know some seem to have a problem with Boomer's "Shtick" ("WHOOP!") but I always found him entertaining. Great voice, great character. Sure a lot of his stuff was goofy (taking a player's last name and turning it into a familiar phrase) but I just always enjoyed him and the show every end of the gameday weekend.

I discovered that the original NFL Primetime was back (no, not the show with the same name that ESPN would run during the day after the games with Merrill Hodge, Tim Hasselbeck etc, yuck), with both Boomer and Jackson so I was elated. Turned out to be some sub ESPN service called ESPN Plus. Basically you pay 5 bucks a month to watch each episode on your phone. Took me all of a few weeks before unsubscribing. I didn't want to watch the show on my phone, I want to watch it on TV like you should be able to. Worse yet, you could only watch each week's show and within a certain 3 or 4 day window. You couldn't watch archives. Let's say you missed Week 5 and wanted to watch that show. Nope.

At any rate, that 3 minutes is all I get of Boomer these days. Maybe much of the appeal is simply the nostalgia, but like him or not, I'm glad he's still around.

Fox0r

Reaction score
I used to like Boomer, until he caught some popularity and began to think his own shit didn't stink. Now I can't stand his schtick.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Aros":210ayor1 said:
I always look forward to halftime on MNF games simply because I miss Boomer and Jackson's NFL Primetime, recapping the week's games. It was a staple for me growing up. I know some seem to have a problem with Boomer's "Shtick" ("WHOOP!") but I always found him entertaining. Great voice, great character. Sure a lot of his stuff was goofy (taking a player's last name and turning it into a familiar phrase) but I just always enjoyed him and the show every end of the gameday weekend.

I discovered that the original NFL Primetime was back (no, not the show with the same name that ESPN would run during the day after the games with Merrill Hodge, Tim Hasselbeck etc, yuck), with both Boomer and Jackson so I was elated. Turned out to be some sub ESPN service called ESPN Plus. Basically you pay 5 bucks a month to watch each episode on your phone. Took me all of a few weeks before unsubscribing. I didn't want to watch the show on my phone, I want to watch it on TV like you should be able to. Worse yet, you could only watch each week's show and within a certain 3 or 4 day window. You couldn't watch archives. Let's say you missed Week 5 and wanted to watch that show. Nope.

At any rate, that 3 minutes is all I get of Boomer these days. Maybe much of the appeal is simply the nostalgia, but like him or not, I'm glad he's still around.
ESPN+ is one of the best streaming services period when it comes to cost/content. Yes, NFL Primetime is only available from Sunday evening until Wednesday evening. But you also get access to the entire 30 for 30 library, tons of live sports content (seriously, if you're a soccer fan it's a must have) and several other shows. As for accessing it, yes you can watch on your phone. You can also watch on a tablet, laptop, pc, smart TV, Roku, XBox1, PS4, Chromecast, or Fire TV.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Google: "Chris Berman rant"

Watch the YouTube clip.

Enjoy hating Berman for the rest of your life.

Maulbert

Reaction score
HagFaithful":3ub96oml said:
Google: "Chris Berman rant"

Watch the YouTube clip.

Enjoy hating Berman for the rest of your life.

Not really. I've seen worse. He wasn't asking for something unreasonable. It's a very human moment. Everybody gets pissed at coworkers sometimes.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seen it. Doesn't change how I feel about him or the show.

Reaction score
I kinda like boomer still, I caught the last fastest 3 minutes and it was entertaining. I remember getting all my nfl highlights from primetime with Jackson and Boomer and that nfl films music. Good times

Allseahawk

Reaction score
When I first saw Boomer doing doing fastest 3 minutes, it was like a friend came home after years away. He's had a tough few years after losing his wife.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk