Aaron Rodgers disrespected Farve for his Wonerlic score...

Tokadub

Reaction score
Summary from the video:

https://youtu.be/O_RUQLtz2dA?t=397

Aaron Rodgers scored a 35 (out of 40) on the Wonderlic test which made him in the 96% percentile of players (top 4%)... he sat in the front row... he was answering all the questions from team meetings etc...

First of all I gotta say I scored a 97% percentile on my WASL (Washington Assessment of Student Learning) when I was in 5th grade, and it doesn't mean anything. I never brought that up to anyone (except maybe drunk) because if I did they should automatically punch me in the face (and I would deserve it)... you gotta work for your achievements! You can't just think you're good from some random test... so I feel that Rodgers bringing this up is just the type of thing maybe the Seahawks can use to psychologically get ready... they need to HATE HIM and play like it.

Former team members said "Rodgers would often brag about his score, especially as his early days as a rookie."

During one of the Quarterback team meetings Rodgers reportedly said (about the Wonderlic):

Aaron Rodgers: "Brett what did you get on it?"

Brett Farve: "I have no idea."

Aaron Rodgers: "I do, I looked it up. You got a 22."

Bevell was the QB coach at that time that's pretty hilariously akward to me haha.

Conclusion:

I'm going to view this story with an open mind... it's very likely Farve was pissed off about Rodgers being so good and being drafted as his obvious eventual replacement...

It's very likely Farve was really making Rodgers feel like he shouldn't be there constantly bullying him etc...

So this might just be one good response Rodgers had to the conflict, I'm not gonna make conclusions Rodgers was out of line, from my point of view they were both very aggressive towards each other...

BUT THE POINT IS, THIS MIGHT BE SOMETHING THE SEAHAWKS CAN USE TO GET FIRED UP... AARON THINKS HE'S SO SMART THAT OTHER PLAYERS ARE INFERIOR... I THINK WE NEED TO USE THAT CRITICISM AND ATTACK THAT MAN... TO BEAT GREEN BAY YOU GOTTA TRY TO HURT AND OR EMBARASS AARON RODGERS... MAKE IT PERSONAL.

If we play him like it's just a normal game, I think they will win... We have to have some kind of edge, this is the best I got, we need to punish this guy physically for thinking his brain is enough to beat us.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tokadub":i2ai7fkz said:
Summary from the video:

Aaron Rodgers scored a 35 (out of 40) on the Wonderlic test which made him in the 96% percentile of players (top 4%)... he sat in the front row... he was answering all the questions from team meetings etc...

First of all I gotta say I scored a 97% percentile on my WASL (Washington Assessment of Student Learning) when I was in 5th grade, and it doesn't mean anything. I never brought that up to anyone (except maybe drunk) because if I did they should automatically punch me in the face (and I would deserve it)... you gotta work for your achievements! You can't just think you're good from some random test... so I feel that Rodgers bringing this up is just the type of thing maybe the Seahawks can use to psychologically get ready... they need to HATE HIM and play like it.

Former team members said "Rodgers would often brag about his score, especially as his early days as a rookie."

During one of the Quarterback team meetings Rodgers reportedly said (about the Wonderlic):

Bevell was the QB coach at that time that's pretty hilariously akward to me haha.

Conclusion:

I'm going to view this story with an open mind... it's very likely Farve was pissed off about Rodgers being so good and being drafted as his obvious eventual replacement...

It's very likely Farve was really making Rodgers feel like he shouldn't be there constantly bullying him etc...

So this might just be one good response Rodgers had to the conflict, I'm not gonna make conclusions Rodgers was out of line, from my point of view they were both very aggressive towards each other...

BUT THE POINT IS, THIS MIGHT BE SOMETHING THE SEAHAWKS CAN USE TO GET FIRED UP... AARON THINKS HE'S SO SMART THAT OTHER PLAYERS ARE INFERIOR... I THINK WE NEED TO USE THAT CRITICISM AND ATTACK THAT MAN... TO BEAT GREEN BAY YOU GOTTA TRY TO HURT AND OR EMBARASS AARON RODGERS... MAKE IT PERSONAL.

If we play him like it's just a normal game, I think they will win... We have to have some kind of edge, this is the best I got, we need to punish this guy physically for thinking his brain is enough to beat us.

First off, just a small tidbit here: The Wonderlic test is scored with a max of 50, not 40.

Anyway, I'm really not sure how Aaron Rodgers thinking he's smart even registers on the scale of potential motivating factors to give Seattle an edge. I really don't think the players would even slightly care about Rodgers making fun of Favre's Wonderlic when most of them were in 6th grade.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Fitzpatrick scored 48/50 on the Wonderlic, the highest of any NFL player.

Kaepernick scored about what Rodgers did.

It's not a reliable measure.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Tokadub":jw6rin68 said:
Summary from the video:

Conclusion:

Cheers for the OP, op.

The WASL is not the same as the Wonderlic.

The statements about Rogers comments have no link (and I'm not challenging you, just pointing this out.)

It's hard to say how applicable the Wonderlic is to QBs.....I assume the higher the score the better.....but I'd like to see the best QBs in history and their Wonderlic scores.....googling now.

I assume the QBs that are top rated are on the higher end.

But in some ways, it's just a number.....it's complicated....and as we know, the QB has to make many reads on defenses and make snap-second decisions.

Threedee

Reaction score
Whatever you may think of the Wonderlic, it is at least important insofar as it has value to a specific industry (NFL). No one gives a damn about the WASL, which goes by a different name these days.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":34gqd77z said:
First off, just a small tidbit here: The Wonderlic test is scored with a max of 50, not 40.

Anyway, I'm really not sure how Aaron Rodgers thinking he's smart even registers on the scale of potential motivating factors to give Seattle an edge. I really don't think the players would even slightly care about Rodgers making fun of Favre's Wonderlic when most of them were in 6th grade.

Thanks for that. I was thinking the Wonderlic was based on 50 points possible.

Tokadub may have switched to an upscale tequila brand and had more because it was so good. Or switched to a cheaper brand and upgraded to the 1.5L size. Can't blame him, the Covid lockdown BS makes me feel that way too. Good thing liquor stores are still essential. OK, so grocery stores are essential because they have liquor.

Anyway, I like Tokadub because he starts some wild threads that go all kinds of strange places, but mostly in fun, but then every now and then he crosses us up with some voice of reason threads. IIRC he started one thread with the subject "After 10 shots of tequila, Tokadub's game analysis", or something like that. Hence the tequila reference.

Just go with it, your usual rigorous logical analysis will be overkill for Tokadub posts, but I always appreciate your fact-correctness emphasis, and your cool LJ-Kyler avatar.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Threedee":18cd1ldy said:
Whatever you may think of the Wonderlic, it is at least important insofar as it has value to a specific industry (NFL). No one gives a damn about the WASL, which goes by a different name these days.

Yeah, but what was your SAT score?

Wonderlic is a bitch for dyslexic players, I'll tell you that for sure.

Random Wonderlic Scores:
26 Drew Lock
25 Dwayne Haskins
20 Kyler Murray

Based on Wonderlic scores, who would have guessed Dwayne Haskins would be the lazy airhead bust, and Kyler would be the highly intelligent, well-studied field general and leader? OK, so the Cardinals guessed that. Drew Lock has been OK I guess, for Denver IIRC.

ivotuk

Reaction score
"Hall of Fame Quarterback Dan Marino scored 15 on the Wonderlic" So it means nothing. Anybody can study and do well if they're motivated.

I graduated from High School with a 1.9 GPA. I did just enough to get by :) But a year later I scored a 99 on my Private Pilot written. But I studied my butt off for that test. My dad was a WWII Pilot, Airline Pilot, and had an Air Taxi. I HAD to score good. After that, my Instrument test and Commercial Pilot test, the scores slowly went down as I lost interest in doing well.

In College I did well early, Chancellor's list, Deans List, but every year my GPA slowly went downhill as I got fatigued. My last year I struggled to get Cs and Bs. So there are results I'm proud of, but a lot more that I'm "meh" not so proud of, but some of the smartest people I've ever met never did good at book learning.

Erin is ruled by his ego, which wouldn't be so bad, except he ends up looking down his nose at a lot of people. In reality, he likely had some bad test results here and there, but we will never hear of them.

Everytime I see that smug look on his face, I remember the look on his face after Pete out-coached the Pack in the NFCCG!

Then there's the "Wail Mary" that everyone cried about forever. :rumble: LOVE that result! There were so many bad and missed calls in that game, but everyone focuses on the final one.

So good for you EarRun. The only team/player I love to see lose dramatically more...Stealers/Rapistburger. :192215:

TreeRon

Reaction score
As an aside, in the early years of Amazon, Bezos would ask all his prospective hires their SAT score.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tua Tagovailoa scored a 13 on the Wonderlic, and it didn't hurt his stock very much. Makes you wonder how much they use it.

For quarterbacks, they used to have a predictor called 60-40-20, that if a prospect was below 2 out of 3 of the following criteria that they were likely to bust: 60 percent completion percentage, 40 college starts, and/or 20 on the Wonderlic. I can remember that because Jake Locker was below 2 out of 3 of those. I also remember Vince Young scoring a 6, and if you've ever tried taking a Wonderlic, you'd question if he was serious about taking it.

As far as Favre goes, he's only the 2nd stupidest HOF quarterback. The top honor goes to Terry "Goober" Bradshaw, of whom Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson once said "he couldn't spell 'cat' if you spotted him the 'c' and the 'a'.