The 49ers have been mathematically eliminated

rlkats

Reaction score
Yes my niners have been eliminated and rightfully so. To many hurdles to overcome. Good luck to the rest of your season hawk fans.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
rlkats":mrjnnjuc said:
Yes my niners have been eliminated and rightfully so. To many hurdles to overcome. Good luck to the rest of your season hawk fans.

What do you think they'll do with Kittle for Week 17?

I mean, I know they hate Seattle. But it just seems like the time to get in more reps with the lesser experienced tight ends and receivers.

The sports news here is on fire, and I can't see them starting LimpDN after he cost them two games against teams that they would have otherwise beat (and thus been in the playoffs). I bet they start Beathard and he's 1 of 9 in his starts, but still a wise decision as they have to figure out which one stays as an emergency/3rd string while they attend to the Garrapolo conundrum.

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1p3e70o6 said:
rlkats":1p3e70o6 said:

What do you think they'll do with Kittle for Week 17?

I mean, I know they hate Seattle. But it just seems like the time to get in more reps with the lesser experienced tight ends and receivers.

The sports news here is on fire, and I can't see them starting LimpDN after he cost them two games against teams that they would have otherwise beat (and thus been in the playoffs). I bet they start Beathard and he's 1 of 9 in his starts, but still a wise decision as they have to figure out which one stays as an emergency/3rd string while they attend to the Garrapolo conundrum.

What’s the point of starting Kittle? I don’t think he plays. He should not. The story for the season is injuries and more injuries. We can’t get through a game where we don’t lose 1 or 2 players. Sucks. Bernard will StRt the remaining games. But at this point who cares?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
rlkats":d4ih0dev said:
What’s the point of starting Kittle? I don’t think he plays. He should not. The story for the season is injuries and more injuries. We can’t get through a game where we don’t lose 1 or 2 players. Sucks. Bernard will StRt the remaining games. But at this point who cares?

I heard a term called "constructive sucking." Meaning you put in your young guys to get them reps (it's not like anyone had a preseason). You put guys you're pretty sure you can't pay in '21. You put in guys that are relatively low in risk of getting hurt. You play a minimum number of face-saving starters that'll keep the score within two.

There's no alternative to Beathard starting after Mullens' last two performances against softer teams. You got two games you can't lose to by a three or four score margin without losing face, so way I see it is that you guys leave Armistead, Ayuck, Gould, Williams in there for the stretch. Those are your critical players that'll be back for 21. The rest are looking at being on the way out (ie Sherm and poss McKinnon) or being evaluated (i.e. Hyder) so they can go too.

Kittle's not necessary to get you to whatever the spread is, which will surely be less than two scores. He's a generational player and the whole league is envious, which is why he should be saved, or at best put in for a couple of series to satisfy Jed.

rlkats

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2rh1wwck said:
rlkats":2rh1wwck said:

I heard a term called "constructive sucking." Meaning you put in your young guys to get them reps (it's not like anyone had a preseason). You put guys you're pretty sure you can't pay in '21. You put in guys that are relatively low in risk of getting hurt. You play a minimum number of face-saving starters that'll keep the score within two.

There's no alternative to Beathard starting after Mullens' last two performances against softer teams. You got two games you can't lose to by a three or four score margin without losing face, so way I see it is that you guys leave Armistead, Ayuck, Gould, Williams in there for the stretch. Those are your critical players that'll be back for 21. The rest are looking at being on the way out (ie Sherm and poss McKinnon) or being evaluated (i.e. Hyder) so they can go too.

Kittle's not necessary to get you to whatever the spread is, which will surely be less than two scores. He's a generational player and the whole league is envious, which is why he should be saved, or at best put in for a couple of series to satisfy Jed.

Great points and you are completely correct.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
For obvious reasons, I hope he doesn't play. He's an absolute beast.
And honestly, why risk getting him hurt yet again?? Just my opinion, but playing him would be a mistake.