WFT has released QB Haskins

Gio

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1343613407879192578[/tweet]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
They're so desperate to get him out of the building that they're willing to eat the dead money to do so.

What a failure thus far. No maturity whatsoever. Hopefully this helps him pull his head out of his ass.

chris98251

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2pw99ri4 said:
LOL...perhaps a quick qb pickup by the rams? Because if they want to do that now it won't be a quick pickup. He'll have to sit for five days for Covid protocol but all stripper bars are closed in California.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2020/ ... -panthers/

Well it should be interesting what the Rams do, someone will take a flyer on the kid hoping they can reconnect his brain with the rest of his body.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
If I'm the Rams, I'm making a call to his agent right after he clears waivers as he'll come without having to trade a draft pick or contract and would probably be a cheap rental. They're still in even with a Zona loss as they also have to count on the Bears losing.

Goff's thumb isn't going to heal by WC weekend after all.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Threw for 50 TD's in a season in college. Has all the tools. Somebody's gotta snatch this guy up, no? That's a free 2019 1st round QB two years into his rookie contract. I've never heard of such a thing.
Sure, he's an idiot who violated Covid protocols twice, but he's a kid and obviously he's going to learn from that. And if it doesn't work out, it costs you nothing. I think some team eg. Atlanta should snatch him up. Matt Ryan's either going to be gone, or should be gone... Nothing to lose here.

TypeSly

Reaction score
chris98251":1g36b2as said:
Rams need a body that has played, 49ers need a future guy.

Yes, agreed. This is way too late in the year to bring in someone who doesn't know the offence. A backup is the only option they have at this point. BUT an option I think they should take. Goff is bad enough to consider that week-to-week anyways, and now with his bad thumb, it's the perfect time.

TypeSly

Reaction score
As for Haskins, man the media has us all brain-washed. The NFL analysts are treaing him like the devil, and even bringing into question his role as not just an athlete, but a black athlete :roll: . Sure it was as stupid as hell, but what did he do when you break it down? And what does being black have to do with it? He got caught not wearing a mask. Yes, this is irresponsible, but do you really think every other NFL'er has been completely responsible with these protocols 100% of the time? His biggest mistake was lettting this act be seen by someone in the public, but for a young prospect's career to be in jeopardy, either this world has gone crazy, or we've all been brain-washed.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sly, he had an 8.5 percent qbr when he got pulled against Carolina. That was days after he went to some stripper club/alleged gf(s bday party and had pictures taken of him without a mask...um while his coach had just come back from chemo and his mentor had an injury to his half-calf-half-transplanted-quad. The only reason you would sign him is the one the Rams now have because neither of their backups have never played a down.

That or poach Deshone Kizer, Duck Hodges or Cooper Rush off PS for Week 17.

Come 2021, I see a glut of FA or tradable QBs hitting the market as potential cheap backups: Mason Rudolph, Duck Hodges, David Blough, Blake Bortles and maybe even Josh Rosen.

He's kinda a Johnny Manziel problem in that he brought this all on himself, and unless a team is truly desperate and truly believes he won't wig out on them, he'll have to attempt to cfl or xfl his way out of it is my guess.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
TypeSly":2aa63pb1 said:
Threw for 50 TD's in a season in college. Has all the tools. Somebody's gotta snatch this guy up, no? That's a free 2019 1st round QB two years into his rookie contract. I've never heard of such a thing.
Sure, he's an idiot who violated Covid protocols twice, but he's a kid and obviously he's going to learn from that. And if it doesn't work out, it costs you nothing. I think some team eg. Atlanta should snatch him up. Matt Ryan's either going to be gone, or should be gone... Nothing to lose here.

Josh Rosen says hello...although he was traded for a second and a fifth before the start of his second year, but was drafted five spots higher at #10.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Geno
@GenoSmith3
·
3h
Dwayne will be fine. Judge a man by his progress, not his mistakes! We all got his back
Quote Tweet
bomani
@bomani_jones
· 3h
by the end of his second season, geno was *much* better than haskins. twitter.com/MyScates/statu…

Threedee

Reaction score
Yeah, you're not cutting a guy like that if you think he's any good. Especially when you're the Corruption, and your other QB has just come back from a bad leg injury.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score

getnasty

Reaction score
Seems like Washington could have just told him to stay home this week, let things quiet down a bit and then trade him for a late round pick in the off season. It's not like we're in week 7.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1rllvhvl said:
SantaClaraHawk":1rllvhvl said:
LOL...perhaps a quick qb pickup by the rams? Because if they want to do that now it won't be a quick pickup. He'll have to sit for five days for Covid protocol but all stripper bars are closed in California.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2020/ ... -panthers/

Sure about that? I haven't heard the latest.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/strip-clubs-exempt-covid-rules-judge-san-diego-california/

OK not those two bars that are covered by the Superior Court preliminary injunction. But generally they are the exemption.

Anyway Rams passed on Haskins and poached their former backup from last year (Bortles) from Denver's PS, and they were in the worst position of desperation. The guy is now not just a failure but a completely shamed and flamed out one.

All this guy had to do was not be such an ass. Really.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jamarcus Russell

Johnny Football

Duane Haskins

Thats recent guys or pretty recent, you can keep going back and see these types high hype great physical skills, cotton candy between the ears.