Wilcard weekend

94Smith

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this weekend? Any games closer than expected or any upsets brewing? Any games going to be a blow out? I was able to bet on the Bills to win the Super Bowl at 8.5 times bet, so that is who I will be rooting for this playoff. My preseason pick was the Saints at 13 times. Super Bowl picks?

Maulbert

Reaction score
Biggest possible upset IMO would be WFT over Tampa, and I think it's quite possible. Their D is legit, 2nd in yards and 4th in points with a garbage offense and a better point differential than the Cleveland Browns. Also, Washington was 5-1 with Alex Smith starting this year (2-8 with Haskins and Allen), and is 11-5 in the last 3 years with Smith behind center and 6-26 with anyone else. While I don't think that means Smith is great, it does tell me their D is more than capable of winning if the QB just plays mistake-free ball, which is Smith to a T. Also, just from a precedent standpoint, the 2010 Seahawks and 2014 Panthers both won their first playoff games, and Washington is pretty easily better than both, IMO.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I would LOVE it if WFT managed to beat the Bucs and then the Packers so Seattle can host the NFCCG against them. I'd die laughing.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That would be amaze balls ^
Lord Brady losing to a 7-9 team :mrgreen:

Not really a huge upset or anything, but I think the Titans are gonna' Derrick Henry the crap out of Baltimore. Lamar has done absolutely nothing in the playoffs.
It's too bad Cleveland has some many players and coaches dealing with the Covid thing. I think they could have a legit shot to beat the Steelers. Though I doubt they will.

Buffalo is a real threat to knock off the Chiefs. I still believe the Chiefs are going to repeat, but Buffalo is just loaded.
Just want to see Erin lose in the playoffs, they've been slobbering over him for weeks now.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I have a tendancy when picking to go too heavy on favorites. But even with big spreads I have a tough time not going with Buffalo, PIttsburgh and New Orleands. I heard some experts thinking the Colts / Bills line is too high at 6.5. I don't see it.
I think Washington's D can keep the Bucs somewhat in check but I have no faith in their offence.

Titans / Ravens, Seahawks / Rams shaping up to be the closest game imo.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The Bills have been on a roll but Diggs and Beasely are both nicked up. The Colts have a good D. But I don't know what Rivers is going to do in Buffalo in January....

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Tampa is going to crush WFT. Bills will crush Indy and cold Rivers. Saints should steamroll the Bears. Titans should dispatch of the Ravens.

Two best games are going to be the two divisional matchups. Legitimate toss-ups.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2b7hwze7 said:
I have a tendancy when picking to go too heavy on favorites. But even with big spreads I have a tough time not going with Buffalo, PIttsburgh and New Orleands. I heard some experts thinking the Colts / Bills line is too high at 6.5. I don't see it.
I think Washington's D can keep the Bucs somewhat in check but I have no faith in their offence.

Titans / Ravens, Seahawks / Rams shaping up to be the closest game imo.

The WFT defense isn't that good and their offense is absolute garbage. I mean, it's like a solid top 10 defense, but nothing better.

I expect this to be an absolute rout.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Bills....Rivers 3 picks
Seahawks...I am a Homer in the playoffs
Tampa...skins are a joke
Ravens...gotta get Lamar at least one playoff win
Steelers...Browns all have covid
Saints..because Brees is better than Mitch