Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rooting for or against the Rams v GB?

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:24 pm
  • Just curious.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Could careless...but, I think the Packers will destroy the Rams.
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

• I hate the Packers, but I'll always hope for a loss by a divisional opponent.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• I'll root for the Rams since they represent our division. (The opposite of others here it seems).

However, I feel like it's Green Bay's year. I hope not because of Aaron Rogers but we'll see...

I can usually enjoy other games even if the Seahawks aren't in them and will continue to watch.
    Last edited by BleuEyedHawk on Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    BleuEyedHawk
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• TAB420 wrote:Could careless...but, I think the Packers will destroy the Rams.

Couldn’t.

Sorry, it’s my internal iRo.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:08 pm
  • None but will be happy if Erin loses. I actually like Goff.
    Aw Mang
    NET Rookie

Re: Rooting for or against the Rams v GB?
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:34 pm
  • RedAlice wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:Could careless...but, I think the Packers will destroy the Rams.

Couldn’t.

iRo?
    TAB420
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:36 pm
  • I don’t hate the Rams quite the same way I hate the Niners. But I do hate how they absolutely own us and we have no answer. Goff has a broken thumb and Donald misses a big chunk of the game? NO PROBLEM!! I said well before the playoffs that the Rams anywhere or at Green Bay were the only 2 matchups I dreaded. So, of course we get 1 of them right off the bat. The Rams will lose to Green Bay because while the Rams are a good team, no other team $h!ts their pants against them and looks at them like a dynasty the way Seattle does. Will it make me feel better? Not really because Green Bay will still be alive and more importantly, I know the Rams will still continue to own us unless something drastic happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:39 pm

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:46 pm
  • TAB420 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    TAB420 wrote:Could careless...but, I think the Packers will destroy the Rams.

Couldn’t.

iRo?

I need to explain that? What has happened to this place?
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:50 pm
  • James in PA wrote:I don’t hate the Rams quite the same way I hate the Niners. But I do hate how they absolutely own us and we have no answer. Goff has a broken thumb and Donald misses a big chunk of the game? NO PROBLEM!! I said well before the playoffs that the Rams anywhere or at Green Bay were the only 2 matchups I dreaded. So, of course we get 1 of them right off the bat. The Rams will lose to Green Bay because while the Rams are a good team, no other team $h!ts their pants against them and looks at them like a dynasty the way Seattle does. Will it make me feel better? Not really because Green Bay will still be alive and more importantly, I know the Rams will still continue to own us unless something drastic happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get rid of Shotty.

And, hope that the Rams don’t get a QB.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:25 pm
  • Can I root for a tie. Not a fan of LA yet I hate Erin and his zebra friends.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:12 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Can I root for a tie. Not a fan of LA yet I hate Erin and his zebra friends.

I am hoping for a NO win over GB in the NFCCG. Would be another QB who I am sure Erin thinks is inferior for him to lose to and then I also do not have to root for LA.
    JustTheTip
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:25 am
  • I ****ing hate Rodgers. Rooting for the Rams to beat them. I hope either the Saints, Bills, or Chiefs end up winning the Super Bowl, though.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• RolandDeschain wrote:I ****ing hate Rodgers. Rooting for the Rams to beat them. I hope either the Saints, Bills, or Chiefs end up winning the Super Bowl, though.

Bills or Saints for me if Rams are out.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Want the Rams over GB, Aaron cannot win a Super Bowl, I do not want to see more WWE Belt commercials and hear him self promote.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:Want the Rams over GB, Aaron cannot win a Super Bowl, I do not want to see more WWE Belt commercials and hear him self promote.

That is kinda what I was wondering.

For me, if Rams had lost I’d want Hawks to kill NOLA. That said, I will root for the Saints because I have some love hate thing about loving the city. Still pretty pissed off about the media circus.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Can't stand Erin. Go Rams! Although I think the Rams lose...too banged up.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:19 am
  • I don’t like the packers and Brady has won it enough so boo to both.

Would love to see brees and the Saints win it, or the Rams representing the west and having adversity at the quarterback position id have good respect for.

On the AFC somebody, anybody, not named the same 5 teams that have won it the last 2 decades, please.
    Hawaii-hawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:15 pm
  • Donald is a huge thorn on the side, but I dislike Rodgers way more. So preferably Rams over GB.

But rooting for NO to win it all, and Brees can ride off into the sunset. Otherwise, Buffalo.
    hoxrox
    NET Veteran

• I'm going to have to side with GB...for completely pragmatic reasons.

Everyone knows a town goes off more with a win. This "town" is in fact Southern California. Covid rates are 20 percent in LA already.

It's the worst time for them to win. I suppose the same for GB too, but I haven't heard of their state ordering half a dozen refrigerated trucks down there yet.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• GB. I don't hate them, and the Rams are a divisional opponent.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

• Gb had a far easier schedule and Erin is a diva
    Go Rams ..Rep the west,they deserve it.
    Congrats to Red A -Ram# btw..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• Have to go with GB
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter

• Well for the Rams.

Kupp ok just a contusion nothing major.

Donald nothing Broken will be ok.

Wolford back in locker room smiling after game will be ok.

Other the Wolford who I think they will be careful with Rams will have everyone back.

If Wolford is ok he could play and bring a different dimension, this will be a lot more competitive now with Kupp and Donald able to heal up and play.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Anybody but the King of Smug led Packers. I'm mostly rooting for the Rams' Dline.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Easy. I hate the Packers. I respect the Rams.

Go Rams!
    renofox
    NET Veteran

• I'd like to see Rogers get sacked a few (or more) times.
    BleuEyedHawk
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:31 pm
  • Hate Rodgers with a passion. He seriously has Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I have to root for the Rams. West Coast team. They aren't the disgusting dirty team they were under Fisher and Williams and if I have to see an opposing superstar get a ring, it's Aaron Donald. Plus Red Alice is a pretty cool chick.

That said, I don't think the Rams can keep up scoring wise. If they had an above average (not elite...just pretty good) QB, I would like their chances, but I don't think the defense scores points this game, and they come up just short.
    I'm thinking 20-13 Pack. I hope I'm wrong
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:09 pm
  • Meteor hits the stadium. Winner of Bucs-Saints represents the NFC.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:12 pm
  • No other quarterback in this league will lose to Geoff with 4 fingers.
    5thgen
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:29 am
  • Rams easy. I can't stomach the packers or their fans.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:51 am
  • I don't like Erin or the Packers, so go Rams.
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice wrote:Just curious.

Well, rooting for Green Bay and against the Rams for obvious reasons.

Congrats RedAlice on the road win against the 'Hawks. I didn't see this coming at all. That front four just dominated the LOS and Wilson never really could dig his offense out. I feel like the OC should have been rolling Wilson out and let him throw to Lock/Metcalfe over the top. They had the speed to do it. Russ didn't bring his A game but when was the last time he played a really great playoff game? He went from MVP frontrunner to "average" down the stretch. Hats off to the Rams, though, they got the job done.

Things that bother me about the matchup:

1. Packers coming off a bye week. I would rather we just played straight through. Packers after the bye week seem to come out flat and against a defense like this, the last thing we need is to come out flat.
    2. Rams Defensive Line. We are missing our best Olineman (LT - Bak) and this DL should be able to shutdown the run and keep Rodgers running for his life. We will have to run a lot of misdirection, play action and try and keep your line guessing. Shades of 2007 Giants?
    3. Ramsey. If the line gets pressure and Ramsey can jump the pattern, watch out, could be a pick 6 or two. The Bucs did it to us earlier in the year and I suspect the Rams are going to go back and look at that film.

What I like about this matchup.

1. Home in Green Bay, cold and snow. Footing will be an issue and we are adapted to the field.
    2. Our TE's against your LB and CB's. Rodgers can get Adams spread wide and take Ramsey out of the mix and let our TE's move the ball down the field. Dink and dunk and chew up yards. This should shrink the field and allow us to make some throws over the top to guys like MVS. If MVS can actually catch the ball, this could be pretty big. So could wheel routes to Jones out of the backfield.
    3. Packer Defense vs. Ram Offense - I can't see you scoring a lot of points against us. If we shut down the run and force the Rams to throw, I see some TO's coming and short fields for Rodgers.

Good luck to your team this weekend RedAlice, I hope it's one for the ages. #GoPackGo
    Last edited by PackerNation on Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
    PackerNation
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:30 am
  • The Packers are going to destroy the Rams. My answer is New Orleans :).
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• I hope they Packers blast the Rams.
    Then hopefully the Pack loses at home in the Championship game. Of course, you have to play Erin AND the refs so...…...
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• I always root against Rodgers and/or Brady because they receive the extra help from the refs. They constantly get calls that other teams do not get. I don't hate the Rams. They came in and handed our asses to us. That is Pete's fault for not being ready and letting it happen. I am a member of the Bills Mafia for the remainder of this season.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• I’m a Saints fan, so I am pulling for the Saints and Rams to win this weekend. I don’t want the Saints to travel to GB, and the Saints have a small score to settle with the Rams.

Honestly, if Aaron Donald and Kupp are a go this Sunday, and Goff is able to toss the ball around, I think the Rams can handle the Packers. Add to it LF is McVay’s son, the Rams should know the Packers’ tendencies.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

• I hate Green Bay, and I hate their fans.
    I hate the Rams even more, and they don't have fans.

But go Packers.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• El Caliente wrote:I’m a Saints fan, so I am pulling for the Saints and Rams to win this weekend. I don’t want the Saints to travel to GB, and the Saints have a small score to settle with the Rams.

Honestly, if Aaron Donald and Kupp are a go this Sunday, and Goff is able to toss the ball around, I think the Rams can handle the Packers. Add to it LF is McVay’s son, the Rams should know the Packers’ tendencies.

I want the Saints in Lambeau. Brees deserves to end his HOF career at the shrine of his great friend, Aaron Rodgers.

Good luck this weekend.
    PackerNation
    NET Veteran

• Hope GB wins but loses NO next week. Give me the Bills to win the SB.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 pm
  • If the Packers end up in the Super Bowl, it's gonna be amazing watching all the local 49ers fans shatter ankles jumping ship and onto the Packers bandwagon. "Aaron Rodgers grew up around here, you know!"

The picture below is probably one of the most desired matchups. The Super Bowl will be an afterthought at that point. But as for the big dance itself, I'm now rooting for a Browns or Bills win. That way we know the apocalypse is truly upon us.

Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

• El Caliente wrote:I’m a Saints fan, so I am pulling for the Saints and Rams to win this weekend. I don’t want the Saints to travel to GB, and the Saints have a small score to settle with the Rams.

If this were to happen we're in store for a 12-9 NFCCG with our defenses.

This is also what I want to happen though - we did beat the Bucs earlier this year but they I feel like we match up a bit better against the Saints, no solidly logical reason for thinking that. Just a gut feeling.

Very unlikely that we beat the Packers though.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• PackerNation wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:Just curious.

Well, rooting for Green Bay and against the Rams for obvious reasons.

Congrats RedAlice on the road win against the 'Hawks. I didn't see this coming at all. That front four just dominated the LOS and Wilson never really could dig his offense out. I feel like the OC should have been rolling Wilson out and let him throw to Lock/Metcalfe over the top. They had the speed to do it. Russ didn't bring his A game but when was the last time he played a really great playoff game? He went from MVP frontrunner to "average" down the stretch. Hats off to the Rams, though, they got the job done.

Things that bother me about the matchup:

1. Packers coming off a bye week. I would rather we just played straight through. Packers after the bye week seem to come out flat and against a defense like this, the last thing we need is to come out flat.
    2. Rams Defensive Line. We are missing our best Olineman (LT - Bak) and this DL should be able to shutdown the run and keep Rodgers running for his life. We will have to run a lot of misdirection, play action and try and keep your line guessing. Shades of 2007 Giants?
    3. Ramsey. If the line gets pressure and Ramsey can jump the pattern, watch out, could be a pick 6 or two. The Bucs did it to us earlier in the year and I suspect the Rams are going to go back and look at that film.

What I like about this matchup.

1. Home in Green Bay, cold and snow. Footing will be an issue and we are adapted to the field.
    2. Our TE's against your LB and CB's. Rodgers can get Adams spread wide and take Ramsey out of the mix and let our TE's move the ball down the field. Dink and dunk and chew up yards. This should shrink the field and allow us to make some throws over the top to guys like MVS. If MVS can actually catch the ball, this could be pretty big. So could wheel routes to Jones out of the backfield.
    3. Packer Defense vs. Ram Offense - I can't see you scoring a lot of points against us. If we shut down the run and force the Rams to throw, I see some TO's coming and short fields for Rodgers.

Good luck to your team this weekend RedAlice, I hope it's one for the ages. #GoPackGo

Honestly there's not much I like about this match up for the Rams.

Our QB situation is bad, and even though AD is super human, doubt he's unaffected by that injury. Packers also have a great OL, even without Bahktiari.

Bad as Goff has been, if he was healthy I'd feel good about our offense vs the Packers defense - but with that limitation, I'm not sure we'll be able to take advantage.

Rams will need to win the LOS on both sides and not turn the ball over.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• If the Saints don’t win it all I will be pulling for Buffalo or Cleveland to win. I feel bad for fans of those teams going so long without winning, and the Browns have won a title before, Buffalo hasn’t, and they have a fun young team.
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:37 am
  • El Caliente wrote:If the Saints don’t win it all I will be pulling for Buffalo or Cleveland to win. I feel bad for fans of those teams going so long without winning, and the Browns have won a title before, Buffalo hasn’t, and they have a fun young team.

I am hoping for a Buffalo New Orleans SB as I think it would be an awesome game, and I kind of like both those teams as a bonus.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:45 pm
  • There are very few circumstances where I would consider cheering for a div rival over another team. This could be one of them
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

• For 49ers fans the time of Favre's dominance over the 49ers is long gone. In fact, we have done pretty good against the Pack and Rodgers going back to Kaepernick. I can't root for the Rams because I don't believe they are the best team so will be cheering for the Pack
    94Smith
    NET Starter

• Green bay winning 34 to 17. Hawk fans will rage.

Brady will beat saints.

Brady will beat GB.

Kc will play TB for superbowl.

Tb wins 34 to 27.

Brady wins 7th title and mvp of SB.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• As difficult as it is to root for a division rival, I can't stand the Packers. Will be a tough matchup for the Rams though. Expect playcalling that's light years ahead of what you saw last Saturday and a QB that doesn't unnecessarily hold onto the ball. I don't think any NFC team is head and shoulders above the rest but the Packers have certainly been the most consistent of the bunch. I'm expecting them to win.
    Hawks 'n Nucks
    NET Bench Warmer

Next

It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:33 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information