Oh Jags

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just saw on Total Access that the Jaguars are hiring Bevell as their OC.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Aros":nlpoqss2 said:
He did win us a Super Bowl.

Chapow

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2qyrn7e3 said:
Aros":2qyrn7e3 said:

You think? Like, Bevell was the #1 reason we won the Super Bowl that season?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Owner insists on having roster control.

Owner hires Trent Baalke who fired Harbaugh for TOMSULA...and now that's Urban Meyer's boss.

Meyer gets to boss around a retread from Seattle.

If I were a UK fan I still wouldn't watch this team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":139ft3iu said:
Aros":139ft3iu said:
Not sure about that, but he did cost us one. He was afraid to run into “a stacked box” with beastmode against the 31st ranked goal line defense that year, but was dumb enough to throw into that same “stacked box”.

Lots of revisionist history going on about DB the last few days.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2gb1i57r said:
Jazzhawk":2gb1i57r said:
Aros":2gb1i57r said:
Not sure about that, but he did cost us one. He was afraid to run into “a stacked box” with beastmode against the 31st ranked goal line defense that year, but was dumb enough to throw into that same “stacked box”.

Speaking of revisionist history.

The Tom Cable/DB Seahawks were horrible at known short yardage running.

"The Tip" was only a play because the Seahawks could not score with a first and goal from the 6-yard line.

Super Bowl 49. 3rd and 1 at NE 8. Lynch got 0 yards. 3rd and 2 at SEA 24 Lynch got 0 yards.

Passing the ball in that situation was not a mistake. The fact that he had a horrible personnel group out there with a play designed to go to the kick coverage WR was pretty damn stupid.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1jok4mtp said:
Jazzhawk":1jok4mtp said:
Aros":1jok4mtp said:

That’s for sure.

Worse still he refused to ‘own it’ after that galactically stupid play and blamed on the players for not going hard enough to the ball. I lost any respect for him I had after that and just wanted him gone, gone, gone. Everyone else wore that play that poisoned the team except him.

DB was more predictable than BS but it was close as both had no to very limited ability to scheme a short quick passing game that employed motion and deception or any consistent use of TEs. Without Wilson and Lynch he was very mediocre. BS was boring and very slow to adjust. The early Let Russ Cook of last season was a shocking aberration.

Pete needs fresh ideas not predictable schemes at this point.

getnasty

Reaction score
Hard to argue with what Urban Meyer has done as a coach. I don't know if Bevell is the best out there but he doesn't seem to have a problem finding jobs.

getnasty

Reaction score
sdog1981":13ztrftw said:
Sports Hernia":13ztrftw said:
Jazzhawk":13ztrftw said:
Aros":13ztrftw said:

"The Tip" was only a play because the Seahawks could not score with a first and goal from the 6-yard line.

Super Bowl 49. 3rd and 1 at NE 8. Lynch got 0 yards. 3rd and 2 at SEA 24 Lynch got 0 yards.

Passing the ball in that situation was not a mistake. The fact that he had a horrible personnel group out there with a play designed to go to the kick coverage WR was pretty damn stupid.

I agree with having no problem passing the ball and i agree throwing it to Lockette is bizarre but if that where the read says to throw it the that's where you throw it. That play was a combination of so many things going wrong for Seattle and a coulple going right for the Pats.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sdog1981":1ygdnek4 said:
Sports Hernia":1ygdnek4 said:
Jazzhawk":1ygdnek4 said:
Aros":1ygdnek4 said:

We will have to agree to disagree, it was a mistake, it failed epically.
I could have stomached a safer pass play in an area with less defensive traffic.

Funny how you leave out the 1st down play right before the “2nd and wrong” where Lynch gained 5 or 6 yards and 5 guys that really didn’t want to tackle him to bring him down. They then panned to Brady after that play with his head in his hands knowing they were about to lose the super bowl.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jammerhawk":batsarib said:
Sports Hernia":batsarib said:
Jazzhawk":batsarib said:
Aros":batsarib said:

That’s for sure.

Worse still he refused to ‘own it’ after that galactically stupid play and blamed on the players for not going hard enough to the ball. I lost any respect for him I had after that and just wanted him gone, gone, gone. Everyone else wore that play that poisoned the team except him.

DB was more predictable than BS but it was close as both had no to very limited ability to scheme a short quick passing game that employed motion and deception or any consistent use of TEs. Without Wilson and Lynch he was very mediocre. BS was boring and very slow to adjust. The early Let Russ Cook of last season was a shocking aberration.

Pete needs fresh ideas not predictable schemes at this point.
Yep, Bevell not manning up for his epic mistake was a very cowardly move on his part. Saying I’d call the same play again in that situation proves how poor of a coach he was/is.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
BINGO!

Good luck Jax!

My hope is we some genuine creativity from our OC.

Threedee

Reaction score
getnasty":kxpykl00 said:
Hard to argue with what Urban Meyer has done as a coach. I don't know if Bevell is the best out there but he doesn't seem to have a problem finding jobs.

I know lots of people are skeptical, but, Meyer has said that he is done coaching football, to include both the NFL and NCAA. Bevell clearly wants to stay in the NFL so long as there are suckers who will hire him.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Jacksonville doesn't have the talent that Seattle had when Bevell was here. This won't end well.

5thgen

Reaction score
I'm hoping Bevell can convince them to trade the 1st round for wilson

evergreen

Reaction score
getnasty":3d47xf1z said:
sdog1981":3d47xf1z said:
Sports Hernia":3d47xf1z said:
Jazzhawk":3d47xf1z said:

I agree with having no problem passing the ball and i agree throwing it to Lockette is bizarre but if that where the read says to throw it the that's where you throw it. That play was a combination of so many things going wrong for Seattle and a coulple going right for the Pats.
Everybody forgets that we were most worried about scoring too early and leaving 20-30 seconds for Brady to get into FG range. And he was moving the ball easily against us. Remember Tharold Symon (at least he was #27)? We had enough time for three plays if we passed first. Otherwise it's a timeout and a mandated pass next or last play. At least we didn't score too early which was our #1 concern. Remember Kearse's circus catch came at about 52 seconds left. The biggest bummer is that it was supposed to happen. Then we get a safety on the next play. Two points. Punt we get the ball at our 40-45 with 13 seconds and a time out. RW magic gets us into fg range and we win on the last play. Except Michael Bennet couldn't wait.
This is something nobody talks about. But what do you think the play the patriots were going to run from the one foot line was? Most people would think a sneak since Brady was almost unstoppable at it. I think no play and never hike the ball. They were always going to wait for us to go offsides. They can do that forever and never give up a safety. The only way they could've given up a safety would be to run a play. I think Bellichek is smart enough to know that.

Latest posts