Much Respect for Tom Brady

ivotuk

Reaction score
He just walked up to a security guard and asked "Can I say hi to my son?"

A man as accomplished as he is, being polite to security, much respect Mr. Brady.

xray

Reaction score
If a real football fan doesn't have respect for Brady ; then get a hobby you understand . :D

PackerNation

Reaction score
ivotuk":2jvytwth said:

A man as accomplished as he is, being polite to security, much respect Mr. Brady.

+1. What a class act he is. Hats off to this legend.

chris98251

Reaction score
Brady seems to have a different mentality in Tampa, seems to enjoy it much more, wanted the other guys to get Mic time also. I think he may retire if he wins the Super Bowl, he will have done everything, win a Super Bowl in two conferences and on two teams.

Winning one at home in a Super Bowl would be icing on the cake, tall order given the competition however.

5thgen

Reaction score
chris98251":2l67rllc said:
Brady seems to have a different mentality in Tampa, seems to enjoy it much more, wanted the other guys to get Mic time also. I think he may retire if he wins the Super Bowl, he will have done everything, win a Super Bowl in two conferences and on two teams.

Winning one at home in a Super Bowl would be icing on the cake, tall order given the competition however.

Beating brees, aaron, and mahomes to win it all. That would be amazing.

Somos doces

Reaction score
PackerNation":2vte2lgr said:
ivotuk":2vte2lgr said:

+1. What a class act he is. Hats off to this legend.
Agreed 100%. To me, Brady has shown himself to be a forthright family man and dedicated, team-first football player with a constant focus on winning.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I used to be one of many that had enough of him and his insane victories and success, but as a human being (me), it's hard for me to find a lot of fault in someone who seems to be doing it the right way. Every interview he gives he comes off humble and of gentle spirit. Of course that can change on the field but that comes with the territory. I want my QB to be firey and show emotion. Sometimes I wish Russell would throw his helmet in disgust sometimes like I've seen Tom do. It just shows you are human and care that much about excellence.

Now that he is no longer a part of the Bill led Pats, I am rooting for him. After all, what's the difference between 6 rings or 7 at this point? Either way it's already ridiculous. Plus my buddy is a Bucs fan so I am rooting for them in two weeks.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
They ran a stat during the game that I found unbelievable: Tom Brady was tied in post-season wins (32) with the combo of Bart Starr, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers. Pretty mind-blowing stuff he has been a part of.

hoxrox

Reaction score
He has a proactive, cerebral, approach to playing QB. That is, he usually knows exactly where he's going with the ball before it is snapped, based on coverages. Russ on the other hand, is more of a reactive QB.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Aros":1g1q6oj9 said:
I used to be one of many that had enough of him and his insane victories and success, but as a human being (me), it's hard for me to find a lot of fault in someone who seems to be doing it the right way. Every interview he gives he comes off humble and of gentle spirit. Of course that can change on the field but that comes with the territory. I want my QB to be firey and show emotion. Sometimes I wish Russell would throw his helmet in disgust sometimes like I've seen Tom do. It just shows you are human and care that much about excellence.

Now that he is no longer a part of the Bill led Pats, I am rooting for him. After all, what's the difference between 6 rings or 7 at this point? Either way it's already ridiculous. Plus my buddy is a Bucs fan so I am rooting for them in two weeks.

I feel the same. I couldn't stand Brady & the Pats either, but since the Brady/Belichick divorce, I came to realize, Brady wasn't the one I hated, it was just the Pats. No one can say Brady is a system QB anymore, he took his new team to the Super Bowl in his first year, his FIRST year! And the Bucs no less, the Bucs looked hapless, no one would ever believe they were anywhere near a contender, and yet, here they are, proving they were just one player away from reaching the Super Bowl. There's just something about Brady, he can change a team culture & make them believe they have what it takes to compete with everyone else. Brady definitely affected the way the whole team played, not just the QB spot, what other QB can do that?

Put this into perspective, if Brady wins the SB, he'll have more rings than any TEAM does, and all of them will have come as a player, I think there might be a couple of people who have 7 rings, but they have those rings from both playing & coaching. Who knows if Brady will start coaching once he puts up the cleats, and if he'll win anymore then.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I've never understood the Brady hate. The guy is going to his 10th Superb Owl in 20 seasons. He just took a 7-9 team to the SB the next season. He is nails. And he's never been a smack talking, me me me type guy.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1jfiqjsd said:
I've never understood the Brady hate.

It's not as much fun to watch when the same teams win too much. Unless it's my team, obviously.

JPatera76

Reaction score
This season imo showed a more or less human Brady, who could be himself and humble vs the Belichick stone faced person. props to him for the passion and way he went to Brees, Brees' kids and his own kid. Hats off

Chapow

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":3uankg2y said:
No one can say Brady is a system QB anymore, he took his new team to the Super Bowl in his first year, his FIRST year! And the Bucs no less, the Bucs looked hapless, no one would ever believe they were anywhere near a contender, and yet, here they are, proving they were just one player away from reaching the Super Bowl. There's just something about Brady, he can change a team culture & make them believe they have what it takes to compete with everyone else. Brady definitely affected the way the whole team played, not just the QB spot, what other QB can do that?

The only reason the Bucs looked hapless was because they had a QB that couldn't stop turning the ball over. In 2019 Jameis Winston threw 30 interceptions, 30! That's damn near unfathomable. And even with a QB turning the ball over at a mind blowing rate, they still had the #3 overall offense in the NFL.

Their QB was a turnover machine, but that team was absolutely stacked on offense, and they added Antonio Brown, Gronk, and Leonard Fournette to that offense.

Look, IMO making it to the Super Bowl is a hell of an accomplishment. It's really hard to make it to the Super Bowl in this league and Brady deserves a ton of credit for getting there yet again. However, it sounds like people are trying to create a narrative that he went to some terrible team and singlehandedly turned them into a great team just because of him. That's far from reality. The Bucs were already arguably the most stacked team in the NFL on offense, and they also had a top ten defense (this season). All they needed was competent play at the QB position to be a serious contender. Why do you think Brady chose to go to Tampa? IMO, it's pretty obvious. It's because the Bucs were already a very, very good team that just needed a QB that wouldn't turn the ball over at an insanely high rate.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
To me, it's about the cheating. He is a part of the Patriots' cheating on multiple occasions which have been documented. I hate cheaters.

Elemas

Reaction score
If one were to look solely at stats, age, physicality, etc...Brady wouldn’t be in the top of anyone’s list. His leadership, drive, intensity, love of the game, etc are what makes and keeps this dude a stud.

I’m rooting for him too. It doesn’t pain me to call him the GOAT. I couldn’t say that a few years ago...

Latest posts