Congrats to the Bucs

PackerNation

Reaction score
Wow, what a game. Green Bay clawed their way into it and then couldn't convert after 3 Defensive INT's. Refs let the guys play football and Brady, despite all of the drops hung on to win.

Another huge missed opportunity for Rodgers. I bet this one really stings. He had the ball twice though and for some weird reason, abandoned the run game. You want to win these games, you gotta step up and play ball.

On to the Super Bowl. Go Bills. Or Chiefs. I'll drink my wine and ponder what could have been. Still, Green Bay has a good team and I tip my hat to team that outplayed them. Well done.

Salud.

xray

Reaction score
Historic on many levels for Brady and the Bucs .

5thgen

Reaction score
PackerNation":29kmwacz said:
Wow, what a game. Green Bay clawed their way into it and then couldn't convert after 3 Defensive INT's. Refs let the guys play football and Brady, despite all of the drops hung on to win.

Another huge missed opportunity for Rodgers. I bet this one really stings. He had the ball twice though and for some weird reason, abandoned the run game. You want to win these games, you gotta step up and play ball.

On to the Super Bowl. Go Bills. Or Chiefs. I'll drink my wine and ponder what could have been. Still, Green Bay has a good team and I tip my hat to team that outplayed them. Well done.

Salud.

Seems like he was set on getting jones the ball all game. Not sure if that helped gb.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tough loss for Packers fans. If I was a Packer fan I would be LIVID of the decision for them to kick the FG on 4th down towards the end of the game with a couple minutes remaining, versus trusting the 2020 MVP and the best WR in the game to get the TD. Worst case they don't get it and the Bucs have it on the what, 7 yard line with 3 time outs before the 2 minute warning, so in essence 4 time outs??

Myself and many around me today said the same thing. If this was the Seahawks in that same situation, I have NO doubt, NO DOUBT Pete Carroll would have done exactly the same thing. It's chicken sh*t football and in that situation, that moment, in that game...Gross.

There will be repercussions. Whether it's Aaron just grumbling or serious friction in the ranks, it's imminent.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Way I see it is that GB has built for the future with Love and with their cap. I see them as the greater long-term threat than the bucs.

The bucs were built for win-now this year and they don't have a "franchise" QB. Brady is after all 44 this year. They're not giving him a deal that technically culminates when he's 49. He's an outlier to be sure but Father Time comes for all. They don't really have a plan behind Brady and I don't see them getting one in the draft at least tis year.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Give props to Todd Bowles and his defenses. Vita Vea coming back for this game was a God Send for the Bucs.

His defense was Rodgers Kryptonite this year.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Gotta admit, it's pretty cool to see a team play in the Super Bowl in their own stadium. That's something I always thought about, but was never sure it would happen, given the mathematical odds. Minny came close a few years ago.

Maulbert

Reaction score
12AngryHawks":2t8f8h8d said:
Gotta admit, it's pretty cool to see a team play in the Super Bowl in their own stadium. That's something I always thought about, but was never sure it would happen, given the mathematical odds. Minny came close a few years ago.

Ironic that it happened in a year they can't easily take advantage of it.