Brady

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Well at least now we know it was Brady Not Belichick. I thought this would answer the question who was most instrumental on the Pats.

JPatera76

Reaction score
onepicknick1":261qcg6j said:
Well at least now we know it was Brady Not Belichick. I thought this would answer the question who was most instrumental on the Pats.

I had that suspicion, as Belichick had the same "track" record where ever PC went.. until he got Brady, now he has no brady so the question i ask now is.. Belichick better than PC or just got extremely lucky with Kraft and Brady.

Threedee

Reaction score
JPatera76":23cs40lg said:
onepicknick1":23cs40lg said:

I had that suspicion, as Belichick had the same "track" record where ever PC went.. until he got Brady, now he has no brady so the question i ask now is.. Belichick better than PC or just got extremely lucky with Kraft and Brady.

Pete proved that Bill is better than him in the SB. The dynasty is all Tom, though.

hinton

Reaction score
Too early to tell Bill or Brady was more responsible for NE's success really.

Brady left and picked a team that already had a lot of talent and loaded up for another shot at the Superbowl.

Bellichek stayed in NE with salary cap issues and no QB. I think we need to see another few years of NE minus Brady before we can decide... Bill might rebuild the team as a contender, or they could be a continual 6-10 team. At that stage we will know.

chris98251

Reaction score
hinton":240fleiy said:

Brady left and picked a team that already had a lot of talent and loaded up for another shot at the Superbowl.

Bellichek stayed in NE with salary cap issues and no QB. I think we need to see another few years of NE minus Brady before we can decide... Bill might rebuild the team as a contender, or they could be a continual 6-10 team. At that stage we will know.

Drew Bledsoe?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I still think Bill is a great coach, far from a player's coach to be sure, but a great coach. But Tom Brady is a once in a lifetime player, and someone like that as your QB is going to make even Adam Gase look like a HoF'er.

xray

Reaction score
It was mutual success for 20 years . Belichick was basically a defensive presence that was also a genius talent scout at building around Brady .

nanomoz

Reaction score
This doesn't detract from Belicheck's greatness.

But this should settle beyond any reasonable doubt the GOAT QB conversation.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Brady is the modern era GOAT..No doubt.
Ever?No..He never had to face vicious defenses that killed QB's
with no mercy-it makes a difference trust me.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
hinton":2o2rafvu said:

Exactly. When all is said and done, I think we might realize that both Brady and Belichik are both good at what they do. It's hard to win championships.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":36rs49yp said:

So you detract from Brady that he didn't play those vicious defenses? How do you determine someone is better than Brady when Brady never faced those circumstances? Who are you thinking was better than Brady?

chris98251

Reaction score
Hollandhawk":8rzdhclz said:
IndyHawk":8rzdhclz said:

So you detract from Brady that he didn't play those vicious defenses? How do you determine someone is better than Brady when Brady never faced those circumstances? Who are you thinking was better than Brady?

Bradshaw
Staubach
Montana
Stabler

You will say they never won as many, that may be true, but Brady wouldn't have survived as long in those eras.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Can he just go the hell away already? Tired of Super Sundays with Brady.

James in PA

Reaction score
HagFaithful":mgg2nwkd said:
Can he just go the hell away already? Tired of Super Sundays with Brady.
Unfortunately, he’s probably got at least 2 seasons left in him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HagFaithful

Reaction score
5-time Super Bowl MVP...go sit your a$$ down somewhere and reflect, old man.

knownone

Reaction score
Belichick coached Brady for 19 years. Is it possible that Bill helped create the Brady we see today?

It's also worth noting that Bill has 8 rings.

Fade

Reaction score
Bill Belichick is the greatest coach of all time.

What Brady's departure exposed was 2 things.

1) Franchise QB >>>>> Head Coach.

We've seen it before HoF Coach leaves and the team keeps winning because they have the QB(s). Walsh leaves the 49ers, they keep winning. Holmgren leaves the Packers, they keep winning. Bill Cowher leaves the Steelers they keep winning. If Andy Reed retires in a few years, the Chiefs will keep winning. If Pete had retired the Seahawks would keep winning, and as long as he has Russell Wilson he will still keep winning.

Pete Carroll his first 2 years with the Seahawks did an excellent job. Yet he only went 7-9 in back to back seasons. Then Wilson showed up, and double digit wins became routine.

2) Bill Belichick the GM is underwhelming at times.

Loves to penny pinch, will cut good players, cutting off his nose to spite his face, even if it really isn't necessary. He trades down so much, they seemingly trade themselves out of drafts. Cannot draft WRs to save his life. Doesn't value pass rushers as much as he should. Coaches up players and has them playing above their talent level. The flipside to that coin is, they aren't as talented as they're playing. His arrogance makes him believe he can coach just about anyone up. He is kinda right, but he could make things easier on himself if he got more talented players.