Deshawn Watson to the 49ers?

HagFaithful

Reaction score
Deshaun.

I live in 9er country. The local talk is centered around acquiring Stafford.

Watson's price will be too steep for the 9ers. At least, that's what the pundits are pontificating.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Watson is coming off a great year (#2 overall QB AY/A), is just 25 years old, and Houston will have to pick up the bonus part of his cap hits over the next five seasons. I don't know that he's going to get traded at all, and if he does it will be for a blockbuster deal that will remind everybody of the Herschel Walker trade or the Eric Dickerson trade.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
IMO, The 49ers would need to give up Joey Bosa at the very least for them to get DeShaun Watson. The Texans are probably going to get rid of JJ Watt and Bosa could be his replacement. It'll be scary if the 49ers get Watson. He's way better than Kaepnerick and JimmyGQ. Both took them to a SB.

Marvin49

Reaction score
hawkfan68":kck1ff0j said:
IMO, The 49ers would need to give up Joey Bosa at the very least for them to get DeShaun Watson. The Texans are probably going to get rid of JJ Watt and Bosa could be his replacement. It'll be scary if the 49ers get Watson. He's way better than Kaepnerick and JimmyGQ. Both took them to a SB.

I'd have no problem with Joey Bosa making his way to Houston and the 49ers getting Watson.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":mh2gkow7 said:
hawkfan68":mh2gkow7 said:

I'd have no problem with Joey Bosa making his way to Houston and the 49ers getting Watson.

Because Nick Bosa works in SF. Joey is with a team in SoCal in another conference LOL.

But look at this:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... e-a-texan/

This just seems like a Jalen Ramsey or a Trent Williams or a Jamal Adams situation. Stopping a player who wants to be traded at a certain point is the only thing that make sense. Stafford's closer to what the 49ers need in terms of cap but Paarag always does things so who knows, if anyone really wanted to go to that team and they wanted them Paarag's one of these magicmakers that gets it financially done.

getnasty

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2ho7brzu said:

Nick Bosa and 3 first round picks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":cd2q9f56 said:
Marvin49":cd2q9f56 said:
hawkfan68":cd2q9f56 said:

Because Nick Bosa works in SF. Joey is with a team in SoCal in another conference LOL.

But look at this:

This just seems like a Jalen Ramsey or a Trent Williams or a Jamal Adams situation. Stopping a player who wants to be traded at a certain point is the only thing that make sense. Stafford's closer to what the 49ers need in terms of cap but Paarag always does things so who knows, if anyone really wanted to go to that team and they wanted them Paarag's one of these magicmakers that gets it financially done.

Damnit...you're on to me. :D

I'd love to see Watson in SF, but I won't really even entertain the idea right now because it just seems too good to be true. LOL. Seems just like I'd be setting myself up for disappointment. :)

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":3vbnm7ml said:
SantaClaraHawk":3vbnm7ml said:
Marvin49":3vbnm7ml said:
hawkfan68":3vbnm7ml said:

But look at this:

I'd love to see Watson in SF, but I won't really even entertain the idea right now because it just seems too good to be true. LOL. Seems just like I'd be setting myself up for disappointment. :)

Betting shops are putting the 9ers as favorites for landing Stafford. Which they could more reasonably do but it's a real close call there as to who. Garropolo when healthy clearly dominates. But he's been out for most of 2/3 seasons.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":2muy4x8u said:
Marvin49":2muy4x8u said:
SantaClaraHawk":2muy4x8u said:
Marvin49":2muy4x8u said:

But look at this:

Betting shops are putting the 9ers as favorites for landing Stafford. Which they could more reasonably do but it's a real close call there as to who. Garoppolo when healthy clearly dominates. But he's been out for most of 2/3 seasons.

I really like Stafford and yes, I think he's better than Jimmy. Question is simply is the compensation worth the difference between them. Dunno. I'd first have to see the compensation and even then, I don't know how to quantify the difference.

Stafford is an enigma. So much talent stuck in the armpit of the NFL. That place crushed all time greats Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson. Stafford will get away...but just how good is he outside Motor City.

Dunno. Would be interesting. Niners would likely also take a QB rather high as they'd have NOBODY behind him and they'd likely want to groom someone.

Elemas

Reaction score
Stafford may shine in SF too. But please.... dear God...not Watson