Rams Lions big trade

gremlin

Reaction score
Breaking: Lions are trading Matthew Stafford to the Rams in exchange for Jared Goff, two future first-round picks, and a third-round pick. Wow.

Forthewin

Reaction score
Stafford is like 80. How desperate were the Rams? 2 first rounders and a 3rd???? This is great news for the Hawks! A healthy Goff = Stafford...minus 3 high end draft picks...Thank you!!!

Rat

Reaction score
Hawks2022":3r23fslo said:
Stafford is like 80. How desperate were the Rams? 2 first rounders and a 3rd???? This is great news for the Hawks! A healthy Goff = Stafford...minus 3 high end draft picks...Thank you!!!
Stafford is a lot better than Goff. He has become brittle though.

Makes sense to me. Get a better QB in their prime during Aaron Donald's prime.

TAB420

Reaction score
On paper...this is one of the worse trades I've ever seen.

Forthewin

Reaction score
Rat":1f32ppuq said:
Hawks2022":1f32ppuq said:

Better? Maybe. But not a lot better.

Rams just threw away their future for a 1-2 year shot...if that. However at least they have time to scout the high schoolers for their next 1st round pick!

nanomoz

Reaction score
Hawks2022":1ilim4rp said:

Stafford and Russ are both 32.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Hawks2022":puaqbuin said:
Rat":puaqbuin said:
Hawks2022":puaqbuin said:

Rams just threw away their future for a 1-2 year shot...if that. However at least they have time to scout the high schoolers for their next 1st round pick!

We did the same for Jamal adams how did that work out

Forthewin

Reaction score
TAB420":kfzy4c0t said:
On paper...this is one of the worse trades I've ever seen.
Yeah, I think the Hawks are off the hook for trading 2 first rounders for a Safety...even though I like Adams.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Stafford is not old . He seems like he has been in the league forever but he is the same age as as Russ I believe. He is better than Goff although a bit brittle. Seattle might be fighting for third in the division next year.

Forthewin

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":2fd8c0mh said:
Hawks2022":2fd8c0mh said:
Rat":2fd8c0mh said:
Hawks2022":2fd8c0mh said:

Adams has yet to hit his prime, Stafford is going into his 12th year. Not to mention the 3rd round pick...oh plus last years starting QB

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hawks2022":159f3dxb said:
Rat":159f3dxb said:
Hawks2022":159f3dxb said:

The Rams haven't made a first round pick in 5 years. Hard to say they're necessarily throwing away their future by trading for proven commodities. Sure, this trade lowers their ceiling 5 years down the road, but it significantly raises their floor in the meantime... and they're already a playoff caliber team.

Their mistake was paying Goff in the first place.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Hawks2022":3nlbnw4g said:
hawksincebirth":3nlbnw4g said:
Hawks2022":3nlbnw4g said:
Rat":3nlbnw4g said:

Adams has yet to hit his prime, Stafford is going into his 12th year. Not to mention the 3rd round pick...oh plus last years starting QB
He’s the same age as Russ. Played 20 more games though. I think the rams got better today. They were already a better team

Forthewin

Reaction score
Its the 2022 and 2023 first round picks plus 2021 3rd. Ooooooor just wait the off season out and let the thumb heal. Tough call. Someone needs fired

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Hawks2022":39brvsgi said:
Its the 2022 and 2023 first round picks plus 2021 3rd. Ooooooor just wait the off season out and let the thumb heal. Tough call. Someone needs fired

Fired for consistent success? Yep, seems to be a common theme on the forum here.

Forthewin

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":1gwxlmn4 said:
Hawks2022":1gwxlmn4 said:
hawksincebirth":1gwxlmn4 said:
Hawks2022":1gwxlmn4 said:

He’s the same age as Russ. Played 20 more games though. I think the rams got better today. They were already a better team

Okay, would you take a young developing, playoff winning QB, 2 first rounders and a 3rd for Russ?

Russ is way better btw.