Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schotty to Jags as Passing Coord. under Bevell

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Urban Meyer has hired both of Seattle's most recent OC's to run his offense - Bevell as OC, Schotty as passing coordinator.

Urban is definitely going to try to turn Lawrence into a hyper-efficient quarterback who leans on the run and play action game, it seems. 2015-2019 Russ.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• At first glance, this seemed like a major downgrade for Schotty changing roles to passing coordinator for a team that went 1-15 in 2020. I could see how the prospects of coaching up Trevor Lawrence would be a shiny new carrot. Hard to imagine the Jags picking anyone else with their first pick. They also have a new GM and Head Coach, making his first appearance in the NFL. Seems the Jags like to gamble :lol:
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• Oh man. You have Trent "ACL" Baalke as the GM. You have Urban "I need to retire for my health from college, too stressful" as the HC. You have Bevell who couldn't succeed in the lesser but still dysfunctional environment of the Detroit Lions and you have Shotty under him.

But it's OK because they'll land Trevor Lawrence. Hopefully he won't lose an ACL or his rep by being thrown to the wolves too soon.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

• MrThortan wrote:At first glance, this seemed like a major downgrade for Schotty changing roles to passing coordinator for a team that went 1-15 in 2020. I could see how the prospects of coaching up Trevor Lawrence would be a shiny new carrot. Hard to imagine the Jags picking anyone else with their first pick. They also have a new GM and Head Coach, making his first appearance in the NFL. Seems the Jags like to gamble :lol:

All things considered, it's a pretty good role to land in. Under a talented offensive HC with an OC that he already has schematic chemistry with, and a true franchise prospect in the wings.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• These guys are lining up for the "Interim" job when Meyer falls flat on his face in the NFL. Either Bevell or Schotty will be Interim Head Coach of the Jags within 3 years.
    HagFaithful
    NET Rookie

• Jags like to pick up ex-Seahawk coach castoffs. First they took Gus Bradley (back in 2013) and now they have Bevell and Schotty. It's like when a coach is let go by the Seahawks, they can take the last train to Jacksonville.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• hawkfan68 wrote:Jags like to pick up ex-Seahawk coach castoffs. First they took Gus Bradley (back in 2013) and now they have Bevell and Schotty. It's like when a coach is let go by the Seahawks, they can take the last train to Jacksonville.

True, although this time I'd have to think its largely Urban Meyer requesting these guys.

Hmm. Just thought about the parallel here. It's funny, Trent Baalke being GM, working with a big name college head coach... that's ended well in the past, huh?
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Jags like to pick up ex-Seahawk coach castoffs. First they took Gus Bradley (back in 2013) and now they have Bevell and Schotty. It's like when a coach is let go by the Seahawks, they can take the last train to Jacksonville.

jax = idiots.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Well, if the Jags end up with a dynamic offense, then we know who the problem is here....... :stirthepot:
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• TL better get used to tightwindow throws and scrambling all of the time because no one will be open.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• It's quite a golden pillow for our old friends. A nice soft landing. There is a lot of potential for them there. But, if you sniff hard enough you can smell who makes it work. Just look at what a genius Andy Reid is now that he has Maholmes. Wasn't he just as smart before? Maholmes gives him a lot of margin for error. How about that Brady Bellichek thing... Danny Amendola knows... Look what a great coach Harbough was when he had good Kaepernick. As soon as your qb sucks you're not as good of a coach... I have no answer for Mike McCarthy or Bill O'Brine.
    evergreen
    NET Veteran

• Marty Schotty is not doing well. Hospice care in North Carolina. Could this have played a factor in Brian choosing the Jags?
    HagFaithful
    NET Rookie

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:Oh man. You have Trent "ACL" Baalke as the GM. You have Urban "I need to retire for my health from college, too stressful" as the HC. You have Bevell who couldn't succeed in the lesser but still dysfunctional environment of the Detroit Lions and you have Shotty under him.

But it's OK because they'll land Trevor Lawrence. Hopefully he won't lose an ACL or his rep by being thrown to the wolves too soon.

If it comes to pass that Bevell becomes interim HC, then, it could be a fun trainwreck to watch.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information