Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Super Bowl game thread

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Super Bowl game thread
Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:03 pm
  • This OL performance is cable at his worst bad. Lol at the free rushers not getting a hand laid on them.

And they still are getting away with some holding because I think the refs don’t want mahomes’s death on their consciences
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:03 pm
  • Highest paid qb needs to stop doing state farm commercial. He should also not have got engaged, need to focus on football.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:04 pm
  • Love seeing Mahomes getting rag dolled around
    Sandpoint Hawk
    NET Starter

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 pm
  • [urlTargetBlank][/urlTargetBlank]
    253hawk wrote:Yep, when both of his starting tackles are out.

But this game was over when the refs walked TB to the end zone on back to back awful DPI calls on balls that weren't even catchable.

Exactly. In slow motion even just perfect coverage and completely inexplicable and horrible calls.

And the early unnecessary roughing was a red flag to show clearly which side the refs were on. That was the lamest flag i have ever seen in my entire life.
    Last edited by Optimus25 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:05 pm
  • rcaido wrote:Highest paid qb needs to stop doing state farm commercial. He should also not have got engaged, need to focus on football.

Yep, he's only going to get worse now that he's going to be a father.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:06 pm
  • His bad toe limp reminds me of that calf muscle pull that plagued Rodgers for 3 years.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:08 pm
  • Don’t know what KC’s offensive or defensive game plans were?
    They over thought it whatever it was.

They went away what worked in the first game. Make them stop you before you change things.

Looked like a Seahawks game of recent times.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:09 pm
  • Optimus25 wrote:[urlTargetBlank][/urlTargetBlank]
    253hawk wrote:Yep, when both of his starting tackles are out.

But this game was over when the refs walked TB to the end zone on back to back awful DPI calls on balls that weren't even catchable.

Exactly. In slow motion even just perfect coverage and completely inexplicable and horrible calls.
    Yes a couple borderline calls caused their offense to be completely inept and be down by 22. Such a lame take.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:09 pm
  • I'm so glad the Chiefs not only lost, but got dominated. Tired of hearing about how unstoppable they are, and tired of Patrick Mahommes getting crammed down our throats by the media. They're a good team, and Mahommes is a good quarterback, but I just get sick of the fawning. Give it some time, and you'll see they can beat just like any other team.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:10 pm
  • TB defense looked great and they ran the ball well. Tom made the throws he needed to. Not too many serious mistakes. Didn't turn the ball over. Not sure how Mihomes would look behind the Seahawks' line. I do believe his toe is injured, but that is a part of football.

Brady's legacy was sealed a long time ago. This win is just more padding.
    Last edited by MrThortan on Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:11 pm
  • Bad call by the female zebra. That was an int.
    5thgen
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:17 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Don’t know what KC’s offensive or defensive game plans were?
    They over thought it whatever it was.

They went away what worked in the first game. Make them stop you before you change things.

Looked like a Seahawks game of recent times.

Gotta think his kids actions may have had an impact on his coaching today.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:18 pm
  • 5thgen wrote:Bad call by the female zebra. That was an int.

Hotdog neck made a bad call not challenging.
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:20 pm
  • TAWMY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:23 pm
  • That was just an utterly dominating performance by the Bucs D line. It won't happen because it's an individual award, but they were the MVP of this game and it isn't close. Mahomes had no chance.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:26 pm
  • Milehighhawk wrote:Yes a couple borderline calls caused their offense to be completely inept and be down by 22. Such a lame take.

It was a one possession game until then, and neither offense was really doing much. We can speculate forever about the butterfly effect that it had on the second half, but a one possession game is a lot different than a two possession game. Obviously TB had a great gameplan on defense, but a free TD right before halftime in a slow game is a backbreaker. KC managed to scrape back 3 points, but it was all over halfway into the third when TB got 7 more and KC continued to punt instead of going for it. It may not have decided the game, but it certainly helped put it out of reach with the way everything was going.

Even the data backs it up:
    Last edited by 253hawk on Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    253hawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:28 pm
  • Brady haters probably still butt hurt over SB49. He's the best get over it. Who even cares though it's a sport shouldn't have any effect on your life personally.
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:47 pm
  • Imagine that, a QB looks bad when he gets no protection and the coaches don't gameplan around it.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:58 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I'm so glad the Chiefs not only lost, but got dominated. Tired of hearing about how unstoppable they are, and tired of Patrick Mahommes getting crammed down our throats by the media. They're a good team, and Mahommes is a good quarterback, but I just get sick of the fawning. Give it some time, and you'll see they can beat just like any other team.

Damn straight ..The Bucs killed them!I loved it..The run is over for KC.
    Welcome to cap hell..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:58 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:
    5thgen wrote:Bad call by the female zebra. That was an int.

Hotdog neck made a bad call not challenging.

Which hotdog neck? There's two on the sidelines.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:02 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:Brady haters probably still butt hurt over SB49. He's the best get over it. Who even cares though it's a sport shouldn't have any effect on your life personally.

I rooted for Brady because I am strictly a Bellichick hater, and am hoping that one or more rings in Tuberculosis will help to undermine a lot of the praise that Darth Hoodie has garnered. I have actually rooted for Brady in all of his appearances except XLII, XLVI, XLIX, and LII.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:07 pm
  • Finesse passing team against a physical aggressive defense and a offense that can run the ball when they want.

This was Reid's problem in Philly also, he got one last year sure, but passing teams that can outscore rarely win in the Super Bowl consistently.

Arians when he was with the Cards had the same approach, just was missing a Brady, Palmer was suppose to be that guy but could not be kept upright.

Physicality and Bowles defenses are always tough.

Those that want Air Wilson should take note of what happens when air meets a wall and ability to keep the ball if they want on offense.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:08 pm
  • Congrats to the Bucs. What happened to the Chiefs high-powered offense? They looked a lot like the Seahawks offense.... Did Carroll and Brian S mug Andy Reid and Eric B?
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:16 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Finesse passing team against a physical aggressive defense and a offense that can run the ball when they want.

This was Reid's problem in Philly also, he got one last year sure, but passing teams that can outscore rarely win in the Super Bowl consistently.

Arians when he was with the Cards had the same approach, just was missing a Brady, Palmer was suppose to be that guy but could not be kept upright.

Physicality and Bowles defenses are always tough.

Those that want Air Wilson should take note of what happens when air meets a wall and ability to keep the ball if they want on offense.

Yeah they never really bothered establishing the run and just continued trying to get chunk plays downfield when the line was breaking down and forcing Mahomes to run backwards. No quick passes outside of some lazy 2 yard WR screens. Just dumb coaching, especially when you have a QB that doesn't have "height limitations" like Wilson supposedly does.

Though I think Reid and Mahomes suffer from some of the same issues that Wilson/Pete do, they get impatient and try to force the big play because of the gunslinger mindset.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:24 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:I couldn’t care less about who wins this game but this officiating is horrible so far. Multiple questionable calls against the Chiefs

The second half calls seemed much better. With that said from start to finish the Bucs were the better team today and dominated the Chiefs in every facet of the game.
    kidhawk
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:34 pm
  • Florida Man made an appearance at there, at the end.
    Threedee
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:41 pm

Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:41 pm
  • I will say one final thing, I thought the Buc's play calling was excellent.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:01 pm
  • I fell asleep shortly before halftime. Woke up to CJ Prosise and a bunch of dudes with masking tape all over their heads, floppin and hollering on my damn TV, so I turned it off. Then was awaken by a phone call right before the final 2 minute warning. And apparently I didn't miss a thing. Smh @ Andy not having a game plan. Props to Tommy and the bucs. Fn crazy. That Todd Bowles D held "Patrick the Great" to ZERO TDs. Defense definitely does win championships.
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:14 pm

Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:56 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I couldn’t care less about who wins this game but this officiating is horrible so far. Multiple questionable calls against the Chiefs

The second half calls seemed much better. With that said from start to finish the Bucs were the better team today and dominated the Chiefs in every facet of the game.

The Refs influence games early, setting the tone of the game. Then either swallow their flags, or even it up with inconsequential flags.

That said, I didn't see the game. But I heard ESPN radio talking about the referee calls in the 1st half. But then went on to say it didn't make any difference in the game.

From the sounds of it, once Reid made that Time Out call, leading to more Referee calls, and a TB TD. It was over.

The upside of all of this? Eat it Bellicheck! Tom Brady carried you for 20 years! (Not really, but it's fun to say) :P
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:55 pm
  • Post game I thought Arians made a great statement that almost made me like him.

They said congratulations on winning the Super Bowl to him, he said me I didn't do anything those guys did.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Previous

It is currently Sat May 15, 2021 7:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information