How Much Are The Saints Offering for Russ?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I can't recall where I heard it, possibly Total Access but one of the teams mentioned that put feelers out for Russ was the Saints. Well duh, makes perfect sense. Drew is likely retiring and they had great success with a similar-sized QB. They don't want to settle for Winston if they can get Wilson. It would be like winning the lottery.

So I wonder, what kind of deal are the Saints offering?

And yes, I fully realize I cannot believe I am even posting this thread.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":2n6tmyc5 said:
I can't recall where I heard it, possibly Total Access but one of the teams mentioned that put feelers out for Russ was the Saints. Well duh, makes perfect sense. Drew is likely retiring and they had great success with a similar-sized QB. They don't want to settle for Winston if they can get Wilson. It would be like winning the lottery.

So I wonder, what kind of deal are the Saints offering?

And yes, I fully realize I cannot believe I am even posting this thread.
The price would be too high for the Saints.
The only way I’d even remotely consider this is if you had a trade in the works for Watson.
Maybe a 3-way deal?

Reaction score
I don't know how the Saints would be able to take on RW's contract (or any contract for that matter) with their cap situation.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hawks 'n Nucks":jt5lnx8o said:
I don't know how the Saints would be able to take on RW's contract (or any contract for that matter) with their cap situation.
Good point.

KinesProf

Reaction score
They don't have high enough picks to get it done. It would have to be 1s and an assortment of 1st round calibre players such as Ramczyk, Lattimore, Thomas. Same with the Cowboys rumors - players would have to be involved for it to be enough, Lamb, Diggs etc

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KinesProf":158hsj3z said:
They don't have high enough picks to get it done. It would have to be 1s and an assortment of 1st round calibre players such as Ramczyk, Lattimore, Thomas. Same with the Cowboys rumors - players would have to be involved for it to be enough, Lamb, Diggs etc
*allas wouldn’t have enough talent to offer, and the not sure they have the draft picks or cap space to do it.

James in PA

Reaction score
Dallas wouldn’t have enough talent to offer?! Wait a minute — this team gets A+++ draft grades from the experts year in and year out. Something doesn’t add up here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knownone

Reaction score
If the Saint's wanted to trade for Wilson, they'd essentially have to be willing to destroy their elite defense. I don't think Seattle would want Ramczyk or Thomas, so it would probably come down to a package centered around Marcus Williams, Lattimore, Davenport, plus picks, which would be insane from both perspectives. It would be like Seattle, in 2013, trading Sherman, Thomas, and Irvin for Aaron Rodgers. The Saint's would essentially be giving Seattle the best defense in the NFC while hedging they never find an adequate QB to replace Russ.

Vetamur

Reaction score
The Saints draft too late to make it workable, in my opinion. But if there is another Moneyball type QB the Seahawks have identified and feel good about.. ok.. But I want 3 #1s and probably a 2nd rounder and then maybe a role player with a low cap number. Dont want a bunch of established stars with huge cap numbers or players about to need to be paid.

CPHawk

Reaction score
You can’t possibly trade a franchise QB, without getting one back or a pick high enough to take one. Nothing the saints or bears can offer, is worth trading for.

djb28

Reaction score
Give us Kamara and their 2nd string QB and a first. Lets roll to the bowl!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
djb28":1wx0sglx said:
Give us Kamara and their 2nd string QB and a first. Lets roll to the bowl!
Not enough, unless your only interest is making the Saints better.

Own The West

Reaction score
knownone":191fedu0 said:
If the Saint's wanted to trade for Wilson, they'd essentially have to be willing to destroy their elite defense. I don't think Seattle would want Ramczyk or Thomas, so it would probably come down to a package centered around Marcus Williams, Lattimore, Davenport, plus picks, which would be insane from both perspectives. It would be like Seattle, in 2013, trading Sherman, Thomas, and Irvin for Aaron Rodgers. The Saint's would essentially be giving Seattle the best defense in the NFC while hedging they never find an adequate QB to replace Russ.

This actually may be on the right track. Because of the Saints cap problems, people like Armstead, Peat or Cameron Jordan may be in play. They are going to have to trim roster even with Brees leaving. Why not trade away folks they won't be able to resign?

I think I'd take 2 of those 3 and two firsts for Russ. Pick up a Mack Brown in the draft and be officially reloaded. I'm sure Russ would go for it if he's unhappy. And he's always wanted to be Drew Brees...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Purely theoretically:

2 firsts, 2 seconds, Marcus Davenport, and Alvin Kamara gets it done for Seattle.

Not for me, but if Russ demands it...

Seattle coveted Davenport in the draft.

Own The West

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1yx23zo4 said:

Russ for Jacksonville's first 3 picks? Trevor Lawrence, 28th and 33rd pick, +30M in cap space...

getnasty

Reaction score
Problem with NO is anyone there sending has a huge cap hit and no high picks to draft the QB of the future. No way it works with them imho.

knownone

Reaction score
Rat":jcpktghy said:
knownone":jcpktghy said:
I don't think Seattle would want Ramczyk

We wouldn't want an elite, young tackle?
I mean, I'm sure we would. But I can't imagine them trading away Russell, then investing 15 million into a right tackle. It's also worth noting that Shell was the second-best player on our line. So, right tackle is not a position of need so much as a luxury.

James in PA

Reaction score
I really don’t see us trading with anyone at this point. Who wants 3 first round picks that will ALL end up being in the 20’s or lower in exchange for a top tier QB who easily has 10 years left? They are all essentially 2nd round picks. The Raiders are the only only team that makes a little bit of sense because they have a serviceable QB they can send us and it moves Russ to the AFC. I still don’t think they would have enough to send us in exchange though, without Schneider getting fleeced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk