Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still Don't Understand

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Still Don't Understand
Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:37 am
  • I just don't understand when the offense was good the first 6-7 weeks, and the D was terrible. Then the D got really good and the offense was terrible, I don't understand the transition from that. It makes no sense whatsoever. Why couldn't they keep that offense going along with the D getting good. It's like Petey boy made a choice. Matter of fact, I think Petey boy did make a choice for whatever reason. I feel like Schotty was sabotaged.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Re: Still Don't Understand
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:58 am
  • Nope, nope, and nope.

Schotty quite simply did not make proper adjustments once defenses figured out what the Seahawks O was doing. Once cover 2 / two high safeties were employed, 7 dropping back, it was game over for our game plan. We never adjusted. Russ kept looking for the deep ball and that takes time, which we of course didn't have so he was taking tons of sacks. It was painfully obvious to the point that we the fans knew what was wrong yet they wouldn't adjust.

The wild card game was a joke. A clear example of a failed system where there was clearly a lack of intuitive game planning for an opponent, and lack of adjusting to what the defense was doing. Hence Schotty lost his job as he should have. It was shameful.

The D improved exponentially but the offense was setup to fail given the lack of solid coaching and adjustments.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:57 am
  • The offense started playing defenses that were actually good

The offense was never gonna keep that pace

The defense started playing QB's that were not good

The defense was never gonna keep that place

Adams got healthy and Dunlap was a big help

There's no question they scaled back the offense not only to help the defense that was getting shredded but also because they lost 3 games in a 4 game strech and Russ was turning the ball over at an alarming rate.

Let Russ Cook went 6-3
    Pete Ball went 6-2
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:32 am
  • Aros wrote:Nope, nope, and nope.

Schotty quite simply did not make proper adjustments once defenses figured out what the Seahawks O was doing. Once cover 2 / two high safeties were employed, 7 dropping back, it was game over for our game plan. We never adjusted. Russ kept looking for the deep ball and that takes time, which we of course didn't have so he was taking tons of sacks. It was painfully obvious to the point that we the fans knew what was wrong yet they wouldn't adjust.

The wild card game was a joke. A clear example of a failed system where there was clearly a lack of intuitive game planning for an opponent, and lack of adjusting to what the defense was doing. Hence Schotty lost his job as he should have. It was shameful.

The D improved exponentially but the offense was setup to fail given the lack of solid coaching and adjustments.

So PC just stood there for 10 games watching it all and didn’t do anything about it? He just lets his coaches run all over him?

sounds like you’re showing how petes completely incompetent in a totally different way. A head coach that can’t influence the offensive game plan for an entire season should not be head coach
    Hawaii-hawk
    NET Practice Squad

Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:08 pm
  • getnasty wrote:The offense started playing defenses that were actually good

There's no question they scaled back the offense not only to help the defense that was getting shredded but also because they lost 3 games in a 4 game strech and Russ was turning the ball over at an alarming rate.

Let Russ Cook went 6-3
    Pete Ball went 6-2

That was the other point I forgot to mention. Wilson turning that ball over WAY to much. I like Wilson, but I'm not a die hard Wilson fan. If Wilson gets traded, I wouldn't care one bit. Wilson won't thrive in that kinda of offense for a long period of time unless he changes the way he play's. Meaning get the ball out quick instead of running around in the backfield like a chicken with it;s head cut off. Maybe the new OC will help, but I don't know.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:14 am
  • hawks85 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:The offense started playing defenses that were actually good

Let Russ Cook went 6-3
    Pete Ball went 6-2

That was the other point I forgot to mention. Wilson turning that ball over WAY to much. I like Wilson, but I'm not a die hard Wilson fan. If Wilson gets traded, I wouldn't care one bit. Wilson won't thrive in that kinda of offense for a long period of time unless he changes the way he play's. Meaning get the ball out quick instead of running around in the backfield like a chicken with it;s head cut off. Maybe the new OC will help, but I don't know.

He's too short to do quick releases. It seems he's good when they roll him out of the pocket and then throws.
    5thgen
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:53 am
  • hawks85 wrote:
    getnasty wrote:The offense started playing defenses that were actually good

Let Russ Cook went 6-3
    Pete Ball went 6-2

He can thrive in that kind of offensive philosophy. They just need to move the chains. They were terrible on third down all year, and terrible at making said third downs manageable to begin with.

That can be remedied with either a rushing game or a different passing attack.

I love Wilson. He's a special quarterback. Let Russ Cook is a totally valid movement, they just did it wrong this time around and it was never sustainable with the lack of success in keeping the offense consistently on schedule.

It's also pretty impossible for the defense to perform with so many failed conversions on offense.

If they fix third down, almost all of the problems the 2020 team ran into will vanish. Poof. I think Pete knows that, too - and Waldron and Dickerson are just about the best hires that were available to install what I like to call a "train station" offense. Continually moving, and largely on schedule.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:44 am
  • Blame it on the schedule .
    xray
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:14 am
  • Let Russ Cooooo....wait, run the ball.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information