Eagles trade Wentz to Colts

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Eagles trade Carson Wentz in exchange for a 3rd and a 2nd round pick, which could turn into a 1st rounder.

It was a move that was predicted. Thoughts?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The Eagles are very, very lucky that the NFL overrates athletic, tall, white quarterbacks like they did with Luck. Getting anything in return for that horrible contract is incredible.

They didn't get all the way free, though. They're taking a 34 million dead cap hit this year. Hardly a problem for a rebuilding team, though.

Good move for Eagles, risky move for Colts. Wentz isn't a proven stud like Stafford.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Wentz was known to be a locker room cancer. 30 mill in dead money but the Eagles made the right move imo. Wentz and Goff are both subpar. Watson and Wilson are the ones left on the qb trade market.

sdog1981

Reaction score
When the whole league knows your team can't move a player this is the best trade you can expect.

Maulbert

Reaction score
I honestly figured that's where Wentz would go. Indy needed a QB, and he was really close to Frank Reich personally.

It is interesting, though, in 2016, the Rams moved up to draft Jared Goff, the Eagles moved up to draft Carson Wentz, both made a Super Bowl, and both were traded in the same offseason 5 years later. Just remarkable some of their parallels. Also probably the first time the top 2 picks of a draft were dealt in the same offseason outside of the one they were drafted in.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think he will do well in Indy.
You got a great D,great OL,good WR's and stacked at RB.
I think Indy is a better city for him than Philly mentally and
he gets to play in the house that Peyton built..8 games of
no bad weather and has a coach who knows him best.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":9ee03rqu said:
The Eagles are very, very lucky that the NFL overrates athletic, tall, white quarterbacks like they did with Luck.

Hmm. It seems like the NFL overrates athletic, slenderly built , non-white quarterbacks, also. Like Lamar Jackson, Colin Kaepernick, and Robert Griffin (in his early days). To be fair, Luck was 100% as advertised. Saying he was overrated when his decline was due to multiple injuries is a stretch

Wentz has a lot to prove, that is for sure. At least the Colts can develop their skill positions, unlike the Eagles. There might be some hope here. I think Michael Pittman is in for a huge year.

getnasty

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3h1fw8ow said:
Wentz was known to be a locker room cancer. 30 mill in dead money but the Eagles made the right move imo. Wentz and Goff are both subpar. Watson and Wilson are the ones left on the qb trade market.

He's had numerous vets like Kelce and Fletcher Cox state he's handled the situation like a pro. Never heard of him being a cancer.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think this is a great move for both teams. Wentz will get to play behind a great OL/Running game and Eagles somewhat got rid of the contract.