Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JJ Watt in the NFC West. Signs w/ Arizona.

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
JJ Watt in the NFC West. Signs w/ Arizona.
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:58 am
  • Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Not a bad contract for either party.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Russ better get the OLINE “he” is asking for.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

JJ Watt to Cardinals
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:20 am

• Watt and Chandler Jones. Great.

Russ will probably ask for a trade now. Lol.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: JJ Watt to Cardinals
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:35 am
  • Why is this in the main forum?
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Interesting
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Nice signing for AZ.

My family is happy. Lol.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Thought he wanted a shot at a championship, but went for the money. Go figure.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• Dangeruss better practice that quick release.
    5thgen
    NET Practice Squad

• kf3339 wrote:Thought he wanted a shot at a championship, but went for the money. Go figure.

You must be kidding.

Arizona has a big chance of winning it all.

Sign the Vets, when Murray is getting paid less $.
    Zap90
    NET Rookie

• 5thgen wrote:Dangeruss better practice that quick release.

Yep, the quick passing game needs to be a staple of the offense now.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• kf3339 wrote:Thought he wanted a shot at a championship, but went for the money. Go figure.

AZ is stacked. They aren’t the same Cardinals of years past. Don’t be naive.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Zap90 wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:Thought he wanted a shot at a championship, but went for the money. Go figure.

You must be kidding.

Exactly. They’re able to get the big names with a QB on his rookie deal. A certain team I remember did the same thing a few years back.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• They'd better have a plan to keep Haason d*ck. If they chose an aging Watt over d*ck, then they got worse, not better.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Well this should speed up those trade talks
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• He went from the third best team in his division to the fourth best team in his division.

Let's not hype up the Cardinals again. There was enough of that last year.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• We might seriously go from first to worst in the division this year.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Ramfan128 wrote:He went from the third best team in his division to the fourth best team in his division.

Let’s.

I believed they would be good this coming season before this.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Consider the changes in the Rams and Cards, who we typically split with, we are likely looking at 1-2 extra losses in the regular season alone.

Add in a healthier 49ers and a somewhat disgruntled Russ?

Realistic chances of losing 2 of 3 games vs NFC West opponents. And getting swept in the NFC West isn't out of the question if we lose Carson and Lockett, in addition to guys like Carlos.

Can we even GET Adams to re-sign in that atmosphere? I doubt it. This means losing those draft picks for a rental.

There are a lot of signs the off-season turmoil combined with improvements in almost every team in the NFC West is going to result in us getting kicked into the NFC West cellar IF NOT the NFC cellar.

If you thought you heard discontent and chirping for a trade now, just wait until that happens. I guarantee you will hear DK getting upset. But he won't be alone and Wilson's people will start pouring gasoline on those fires to force the team to trade him then.

The boat is going to spring a lot of leaks unless we experience a repeat of last year with injuries to key players on NFC West teams.

Looking like an uphill climb for the playoffs, and with a Wilson saving himself for the next season - likely even harder.

Going to be an interesting season for sure.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• He has played in 32 of the last 64 possible games. Hell of a player, but putting this kind of $ and guarantees in a guy who plays half the time? No thx.....
    Last year, people were claiming the Hawks go 2-4 in the division. Nope, they went 4-2. Talk doesn't equal facts.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Ramfan128 wrote:He went from the third best team in his division to the fourth best team in his division.

No kidding. Cardinals are always the Cardinals. Giant hype train that derails once the season is over.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Looking forward to hearing the media crown them. The "experts" are far from it.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• My first thought was uh oh but he is just a hype train. Watt could easily be hurt or not 100% when we play them. He is just a guy ESPN will hype up before every game and have a low impact on the game.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

• This sucks! I feel sorry for Russ :crutches:
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

• Arizona? Where the hell did that come from? I didn’t even see Watt linked to them. Just goes to show the NFL “insiders” don’t know squat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLXQIZjACPM ... _copy_link

D-Hop's message: "Let's finish what we started"

What's that? Being part of a mid-tier team that won't reach the superbowl? Asking for a friend.
    jmahon316
    NET Veteran

• jmahon316 wrote:What's that? Being part of a mid-tier team that won't reach the superbowl? Asking for a friend.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Zap90 wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:Thought he wanted a shot at a championship, but went for the money. Go figure.

You must be kidding.

Where have I heard that before? Oh, year after year and they don't do S*&t.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• Mistashoesta wrote:

AZ is stacked. They aren’t the same Cardinals of years past. Don’t be naive.

Yes, I have heard this as well. How many playoffs have they made again?
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• SoulfishHawk wrote:He has played in 32 of the last 64 possible games. Hell of a player, but putting this kind of $ and guarantees in a guy who plays half the time? No thx.....
    Last year, people were claiming the Hawks go 2-4 in the division. Nope, they went 4-2. Talk doesn't equal facts.

Exactly my point. Thank you.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• Aros wrote:
    Ramfan128 wrote:He went from the third best team in his division to the fourth best team in his division.

No kidding. Cardinals are always the Cardinals. Giant hype train that derails once the season is over.

So true.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• They don't have to win the Super Bowl, but between the Rams and Cards now they can really put a damper on us getting there if our offense has a ball and chain on it and not adapt.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• chris98251 wrote:They don't have to win the Super Bowl, but between the Rams and Cards now they can really put a damper on us getting there if our offense has a ball and chain on it and not adapt.

Let’s just stick w facts.

Obviously I hope Rams win the SB. Side note!

As to play.

Holy omg. Facing Chandler + JJ? Together?
    Facing Aaron Donald?

Ok. That’s 4 of RUSS games now.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He has played in 32 of the last 64 possible games. Hell of a player, but putting this kind of $ and guarantees in a guy who plays half the time? No thx.....

Let’s look at facts.

Saying he’s played 32 of the last 64 possible games isn’t looking at LAST SEASON.

That’s like saying: who woulda run the ball if we didn’t pass? Don’t be stupid here, SOULHAWK.

JJ PLAYED ALL SNAPS LAST SEASON AND DID NOT MISS A GAME.

16 games started....
    97.1% snaps played (1013 total snaps)
    36 solo + 16 assists = 52 total tackles,
    2FF, 1 interception
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Who is lying?

I only looked up Wikipedia.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Ok, I’m still giggly at: extend the number of snaps so we can discount what he did THIS F SEASON.
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• RedAlice, I hope the Rams go to the Superbowl just to lose after scoring only 3 points and earn a bottom tier draft pick which happens to be a free safety in the 2nd round which was their first pick of the season (a free safety who only has his best games against the Cardinals) because they made a horrible mistake for their QB who they recently traded away after realizing how much he sucked. Wait, did this already happen? At least you guys got Aaron Donald which is the crowned star of your team.

Rams will get wrecked by the Hawks this year. Willing to put $200 to the forum on it.
    jmahon316
    NET Veteran

• 33 million? :irishdrinkers:
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:They don't have to win the Super Bowl, but between the Rams and Cards now they can really put a damper on us getting there if our offense has a ball and chain on it and not adapt.

But wasn't that Watt's statement to have a chance to win a championship? If that was truly his goal then AZ wouldn't be his best choice. I can think of 8-10 teams with a much better shot. No, this was about money and perhaps Hopkins helping to recruit him.

But yes, it does make it harder for our Hawks just like what the Rams did with trading for Stafford. I actually do think the Rams move makes them legitimate SB contenders and a much better chance to win that game.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• RedAlice wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He has played in 32 of the last 64 possible games. Hell of a player, but putting this kind of $ and guarantees in a guy who plays half the time? No thx.....

Let’s look at facts.

Saying he’s played 32 of the last 64 possible games isn’t looking at LAST SEASON.

That’s like saying: who woulda run the ball if we didn’t pass? Don’t be stupid here, SOULHAWK.

JJ PLAYED ALL SNAPS LAST SEASON AND DID NOT MISS A GAME.

16 games started....
    97.1% snaps played (1013 total snaps)
    36 solo + 16 assists = 52 total tackles,
    2FF, 1 interception

Ok, the facts are that the Cards are far more than just one aging DE with a known injury history away from making the SB in the next two years. He was a great player, but time and injuries have taken their toll. My point still is that Watt clearly stated he wanted to make and win a SB. If that is truly the case, then this wasn't the right move for him.

No, this is about money. No harm in that but doesn't help him accomplish his goal at all. But we will see........
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• You all are weird.

Cheers!
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• jmahon316 wrote:RedAlice, I hope the Rams go to the Superbowl just to lose after scoring only 3 points and earn a bottom tier draft pick which happens to be a free safety in the 2nd round which was their first pick of the season (a free safety who only has his best games against the Cardinals) because they made a horrible mistake for their QB who they recently traded away after realizing how much he sucked. Wait, did this already happen? At least you guys got Aaron Donald which is the crowned star of your team.

Rams will get wrecked by the Hawks this year. Willing to put $200 to the forum on it.

Who do you think felt worse?

On our day.

My team having a chance heading into Q4?

Or, your team having the game WON and throwing instead of passing?

Skip me with your GD Insults.

ETA: I don’t bet idiots.

I suppose you did accomplish enough of my attention to respond to you. :irishdrinkers:
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

• Be good or I'm going to start calling you Red Dallas :)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Wow. Excellent structure for the Cardinals. High potential type of signing, I like it for both parties.

Don't really see it as something to worry about, but good on them.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• It may seem unrelated. But, I can't help but speculate that the terms of JJ Watts new contract with the Cardinals may point to favorable possibilities for both Carlos Dunlap and the Seahawks in 2021.

2021 is a disruptive cap year. Contract creativity is the accommodating ticket.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• RedAlice wrote:
    jmahon316 wrote:RedAlice, I hope the Rams go to the Superbowl just to lose after scoring only 3 points and earn a bottom tier draft pick which happens to be a free safety in the 2nd round which was their first pick of the season (a free safety who only has his best games against the Cardinals) because they made a horrible mistake for their QB who they recently traded away after realizing how much he sucked. Wait, did this already happen? At least you guys got Aaron Donald which is the crowned star of your team.

On our day.

I suppose you did accomplish enough of my attention to respond to you. :irishdrinkers:

Careful, “They say that God watches out for children, drunks and fools. Simply put, this means I stand a two-thirds better chance for divine intervention in my life than most other people."

>:)

Who do I think felt worse, honestly? A Seahawks fan feeling a dynasty in the works with a 2nd and goal in the 4th qtr on the 1 yard line with :26 seconds left with Lynch in the backfield. You don't know heartbreak until you've been that close to an actual dynasty in your lifetime of watching. It was as close as a flea's @$$h0le. (If you watch, throwing was the right choice, but not to Lockette. Lynch was open in the North with green grass in front of him. Would've been an EASY THROW touchdown. But I digress.)

vs. a team that choked harder in the WHOLE 4th qtr than an intern in the Oval office back in 1996...Speaking of which, were you even born when the 49ers won their last superbowl?

Come at me bro?

On topic: JJ Watt will be good on the Cards, but he won't be the difference that makes them a playoff team. It'll be Rams/Seahawks for the NFC West Crown next year. Sorry 49ers, you had your chance but

But please, tell me how you're more relevant than the Seahawks in this century.
    jmahon316
    NET Veteran

• jmahon316 wrote:
    RedAlice wrote:
    jmahon316 wrote:RedAlice, I hope the Rams go to the Superbowl just to lose after scoring only 3 points and earn a bottom tier draft pick which happens to be a free safety in the 2nd round which was their first pick of the season (a free safety who only has his best games against the Cardinals) because they made a horrible mistake for their QB who they recently traded away after realizing how much he sucked. Wait, did this already happen? At least you guys got Aaron Donald which is the crowned star of your team.

On our day.

Careful, “They say that God watches out for children, drunks and fools. Simply put, this means I stand a two-thirds better chance for divine intervention in my life than most other people."

>:)

Who do I think felt worse, honestly? A Seahawks fan feeling a dynasty in the works with a 2nd and goal in the 4th qtr on the 1 yard line with :26 seconds left with Lynch in the backfield. You don't know heartbreak until you've been that close to an actual dynasty in your lifetime of watching. It was as close as a flea's @$$h0le. (If you watch, throwing was the right choice, but not to Lockette. Lynch was open in the North with green grass in front of him. Would've been an EASY THROW touchdown. But I digress.)

vs. a team that choked harder in the WHOLE 4th qtr than an intern in the Oval office back in 1996...Speaking of which, were you even born when the 49ers won their last superbowl?

Come at me bro?

On topic: JJ Watt will be good on the Cards, but he won't be the difference that makes them a playoff team. It'll be Rams/Seahawks for the NFC West Crown next year. Sorry 49ers, you had your chance but

But please, tell me how you're more relevant than the Seahawks in this century.

Bwhahahahahahahahaha

Feel better now?
    RedAlice
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:54 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information