OL Joseph Thuney agrees to 5 year deal with Chiefs

Seahawks4life

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeMcCartney7/status/1371553445963038727[/tweet]

Joe Thuney agent just posted this, Another top offensive lineman off the block. :(

Being reported 5 year, 80 million deal! - Adam Schefter

Cyrus12

Reaction score
So why can't the Hawks do cap magic and make a signing like this happen? Or do we sign Luke Joeckel again?

Fade

Reaction score
You can't pay O-Line, and the QB or so I've been told.

The Seahawks are weird when it comes to how they do contracts. They only want to do 4 year deals, they have a rolling guarantee after the first year, they are infatuated with signing players to only 1 year deals if they can. This is great for their longterm cap, but horrible for getting top players to sign with them. Thus the overpaying of JAGs continues.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Fade":3s17vpsf said:
You can't pay O-Line, and the QB or so I've been told.

The Seahawks are weird when it comes to how they do contracts. They only want to do 4 year deals, they have a rolling guarantee after the first year, they are infatuated with signing players to only 1 year deals if they can. This is great for their longterm cap, but horrible for getting top players to sign with them. Thus the overpaying of JAGs continues.

I'll agree with this if they don't end up coming away with good guys who present better value. There are still guys out there like Reiter, Taylor, Blythe, Jackson, and a few others who could still offer improved play at a more attractive value (coming off a year where the line really wasn't bad, just inconsistent).